Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Island (video game)

Dying

United States
    Here's what's going to happen with this game. There's going to be a bunch of hype around it. The game itself ends up being mediocre. The fanboys defend it even though it's incredibly meh, and the usual crowd will say that every single aspect of it is terrible even though that's not true, either. IGN will give the X-Box 360 a higher review even though the PS3 version is better, because that's how it ALWAYS works (if you ever want a good laugh, look up the Bioshock reviews for both systems; the PS3 version is the same as the X-Box 360 version except there are enhanced graphics and more content, and it's rated .3 points BELOW the X-Box 360 version).

Then people remember that F3AR is available and forget all about the game entirely.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Great big huge giant zombie in a straight jacket? Hmmm...

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It can work...

United States
    just when i thought i couldn't care any less about this game....

Super Moderator

United States
    At first i thought you guys might be overreacting, but that zed is gargantuan!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    At that size, I think it's safe to say that's it's crossed from "zed" to "zeppelin".

Judging from the way this is looking so far, what are the odds that there will be a mission where you have to steal Zombrex for your daughter from the evil Umbrella Corporation?

England
    Hmmmm I've seen that thing somewhere before.....let me think.....Quake 4 maybe?

United States
    yeah, tricky, looks like a cross between that and one of the bosses from the early resident evil games. i know they say that "there's nothing new" out there, or however the saying goes, but this game is really pushing it. so far, not one single thing about it seems worthwhile.

this game seems like such a fucking rip-off of so many different other games...and while they can say it's "inspired by..." or "taking the best elements of....", to me, it stinks of a cheap-ass, wannabe, not-worth-picking-up-in-the-bargain-bin, piece of unoriginal shit.

fuck dead island.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    to be fair if the zombie apocalypse happened men of harlem globetrotter stature wouldnt be spared.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    to be fair if the zombie apocalypse happened men of harlem globetrotter stature wouldnt be spared.
    That would be the best day ever in the history of the Washington Generals.

Administrator

England
    Isn't the size an optical illusion? Else the realism angle they're going for is surely going to be blown right out of the water?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, WTF?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Isn't the size an optical illusion? Else the realism angle they're going for is surely going to be blown right out of the water?
    well hes standing on a car so hes more brick shit house than godzilla.

From what i gather with there multi layered frame system a bigger zombie like that would be more muscle and probably more limber and harder to take down. granted its still a videogame but at least thats a slightly more realistic take on a tougher zombie than "oh by the way its fingers are swords and you can dip it in molten steel and it will come out swinging".

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    well hes standing on a car so hes more brick shit house than godzilla.

From what i gather with there multi layered frame system a bigger zombie like that would be more muscle and probably more limber and harder to take down. granted its still a videogame but at least thats a slightly more realistic take on a tougher zombie than "oh by the way its fingers are swords and you can dip it in molten steel and it will come out swinging".
    Yeh, so I don't think it's more than your average 6ft tall. It's just that it's right in the foreground, high up on the side of a truck making it appear larger/taller!?
    -Carl Sagan