Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Collect?

Undisclosed
    Keychains, license plates, diecast cars from movies and tv, figures of Superman (just him).
    "...smells like cheese...."--Stewie Griffin

Undisclosed
    Guns, knives, and zombie dvd's even the bad ones. I buy the director cuts and the theatrical ones, along with the full and widescreen versions. I try to buy all the video games related to zombies as well. I have boxes of comics and books too.
    "I want to be apple pie and baseball but when people look at me they see nachos and a cock-fight"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I keep the severed fingers of murdered prostitutes in my freezer, does that count?*

I don't collect anything really. I don't have the money or the obsessive streak. Or the attention span. I've never seen the point of having useless stuff for stuff's sake, and as for useful stuff - I'll tend to buy the minimum possible because I'm a cheapskate.

* FAO: the police - I don't really.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 12-Aug-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i collect pot. unfortunately, i can never hang onto my collection.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i collect pot. unfortunately, i can never hang onto my collection.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What Do You Collect?

Spores, Mold and Fungus

In honor of Bassman

Seriously though, mostly posters and Autographed DVD's
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    One of the newer additions to my collection -
    Original The Latent Image contract (2 pages) signed by GAR, John Russo, Al Croft (zombie in NOTLD), and Nancy Romero (early wife of GAR).
    Even has the 1963 Latent Image corporate seal stamped on it.

United States
    I mainly collect celeb autographs, and the local sports teams (i.e. Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks). Most can be seen on my website www.rileysautographs.com . On a Romero Zombie movie autograph note, I have (just a few): http://www.rileysautographs.com/nigh...ving_dead.html , http://www.rileysautographs.com/scot...iger_sig1.html , http://www.rileysautographs.com/george_romero.html , http://www.rileysautographs.com/george_romero_2.html , http://www.rileysautographs.com/judith_odea_sig2.html .
    Take it easy,
    Riley
    www.rileysautographs.com

United States
    I collect body parts, and I will be caught some day and you'll hear all about me. I plan on making Ed Gein look like the babysitter. Haaaaaa...Hahahaha!!! LOL!
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Undisclosed

well, ok:

Original US advertising on:

NIGHT (1967-1986) 235+ original items (incl: FLESH EATERS / ANUBIS)

DAWN (1977-1986) 79+ original items

DAY (1984-1987) 34+ original items

LAND (2003-2005) 20+ original items

Each title collection includes: theater posters (studio and exhibitor-created), lobby cards, presskits, pressbooks, heralds, photos, theater promos, early promos, theater flyers & calendars, trade and newspaper ads and articles, & more. Numbers do not include duplicate items which (in NIGHTs case) are in the hundreds as well.

I've collected on/off for years, since the mid-70s, originally focusing on cult or midnight movie titles or directors. Most of the non-Romero title material was sold off, excepting some choice bits from DEATH RACE 2000, CLOCKWORK ORANGE, EXORCIST, TCM, PULP FICTION, STUNT MAN, ROSEMARY'S BABY /etc ...

I also (still) have a sizable advertising collection from 1975's ROLLERBALL, mostly focusing on game material or art by Bob Peak (game poster kit, art litho kit, silver foil advance poster, rare orig lobby standee, plus other photo and paper material).

I have a few boxes of celeb-signed material from (mostly) 50's B-horror/sci-fi hits, though much of that is being sold (currently) as well. I used to collect EC's MAD Comics/etc back in the 70s, when I was friends with one of their editors, though sold all that off in the late 80s.

Wanna quick peek at (some) of the NIGHT stuff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVERTISING-NIGH...item5640b47a88

Some material (NIGHT) has appeared in Joe Kane's recent book, as well as the recent kick-ass "unofficial" documentary that blew the balls off the official one some time before.

I also trade, by the way, if anyone has anything similar ...

murderhappycharacters@yahoo.com

United States
    I'm kind of a junk collector. I have a shelf full of everything from sea shells, colorful rocks, antique glass bottles, Asian-themed figurines like dragons and buddahs, candles, mardi gras beads (which is ironic because I've never been to a mardi gras parade), and other weird stuff like a crystal ball, a rattle snake statue, and a cool succubus action figure from the Castlevania games.

I don't really collect anything zombie-related, but I'm seriously considering trying to buy those Attack of the Living Dead action figures. I saw them at Spencer's Gifts years ago but couldn't afford to buy them at the time and now I can't find them anywhere in stores, so I may just try to order them offline some day if they're not ridiculasly expensive by now. Here's some pictures of them:

United States
    i collect zombie movies,comics, and books. i have all the night comics from fantico, from the prelude to night london book 2, and i also have all 3 fo the dawn and one book calle zombie king vol1. and i have some oop books, i have night of the living dead,return of the living dead(not from the movie), and dawn of the dead. i also have reign of the dead book 1 and 2 and a copy of zombie that ate pittsburg too.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    kiss stuff, and not the cheezy crap. autographs, show used guitar picks, etc etc

Great Britain
    I just picked up an original turkish poster of zombi 2 with the original UK pre cert artwork although i may look to trade this as i have nowhere to put it.

I also have the following zombie figures

dawn of the dead - airport zombie, hare krishna and flyboy zombies
    day of the dead - bub & dr. tongue
    and the 3 land of the dead figures

I will also be ordering the new tarman zombie figure once released

Also have an extensive collection of Doctor Who figures plus dvds and blu-rays of classic tv shows
    Last edited by sam tyler; 20-Aug-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Restraining orders. . . . .and the occasional venereal disease.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."