Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Miguel A Fool?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    again, here is the actor who played miguel talking about the moment he opens the gate and his characters rationale for doing so.

"HW: Well, while we're on opinion and death... a lot of people, when they first see the movie, question when you go up and let the zombies in. They sit in awe, 'why did he do that?' Why do you think the character did that... I know what I think, but I want to know what you think.
    Antone: Well, I'll tell you, but then you'll have to tell me what you think.
    HW: Deal
    Antone: Hmmm... it seems that, just like I said before - the very people that I'm trying to live with and survive with, have turned into the very thing we're trying to protect ourselves from. The spirituality and religionosity of that character realizes it is the end. It's like someone has to sacrifice themselves and bring this madness to a halt. That's pretty much why I let them in. I'm up to my ears. It's not really a personal suicide type thing, I bring them down for a reason. A lot of people might think it's vengeance and all that stuff, but it's not. I see the character from my point of view and I saw it as right, the correct to do that, because they have turned into very heartless, selfserving, and really not connected to what we are as human beings. What kind of souls are left that abuse each other in such hideous ways, as we see through the entire film. So I let them in and sacrificed myself for the - what I think - is the betterment of mankind in general. End this madness. Let it just cease. So what did you think?
    HW: Actually very close to you. I felt that Miguel did it because the surviving humans had pretty much degraded themselves to being more dangerous to each other than the zombies were..
    Antone: yeah, that's exactly right.
    HW: With them being more dangerous than the zombies, these are not the people that should survive to continue the human race. So very similar to you
    Antone: Right, but I'm also hearing that they're going to be shooting each other, my lover, and friends - as I'm lying there in this 'state' waiting to see if I'm going to become a zombie. So right. They're going about destroying each other and where do they think they're going to escape to? That's the laughable part. There's only so much gas a helicopter can hold. There's only so much distance you can go. And if you have no idea where you're going to set down... your helicopter, your body, your soul, everything is going to run out of gas."

italics added by me.

maybe we can get back on the topic of miguel and his actions or maybe a moderator should lockout this thread. seems like the gays in the military discussion should be its own thread in general discussion.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    again, here is the actor who played miguel talking about the moment he opens the gate and his characters rationale for doing so.

"HW: Well, while we're on opinion and death... a lot of people, when they first see the movie, question when you go up and let the zombies in. They sit in awe, 'why did he do that?' Why do you think the character did that... I know what I think, but I want to know what you think.
    Antone: Well, I'll tell you, but then you'll have to tell me what you think.
    HW: Deal
    Antone: Hmmm... it seems that, just like I said before - the very people that I'm trying to live with and survive with, have turned into the very thing we're trying to protect ourselves from. The spirituality and religionosity of that character realizes it is the end. It's like someone has to sacrifice themselves and bring this madness to a halt. That's pretty much why I let them in. I'm up to my ears. It's not really a personal suicide type thing, I bring them down for a reason. A lot of people might think it's vengeance and all that stuff, but it's not. I see the character from my point of view and I saw it as right, the correct to do that, because they have turned into very heartless, selfserving, and really not connected to what we are as human beings. What kind of souls are left that abuse each other in such hideous ways, as we see through the entire film. So I let them in and sacrificed myself for the - what I think - is the betterment of mankind in general. End this madness. Let it just cease. So what did you think?
    HW: Actually very close to you. I felt that Miguel did it because the surviving humans had pretty much degraded themselves to being more dangerous to each other than the zombies were..
    HW: With them being more dangerous than the zombies, these are not the people that should survive to continue the human race. So very similar to you
    Antone: Right, but I'm also hearing that they're going to be shooting each other, my lover, and friends - as I'm lying there in this 'state' waiting to see if I'm going to become a zombie. So right. They're going about destroying each other and where do they think they're going to escape to? That's the laughable part. There's only so much gas a helicopter can hold. There's only so much distance you can go. And if you have no idea where you're going to set down... your helicopter, your body, your soul, everything is going to run out of gas."

italics added by me.

maybe we can get back on the topic of miguel and his actions or maybe a moderator should lockout this thread. seems like the gays in the military discussion should be its own thread in general discussion.

Miguel was picked on the entire time, I can't believe there wasn't some sort of revenge in his agenda for bringing all dead into the complex. Sacrificing them so they can't go out and re-populate the world sounds like only half the story considering the way they treated him.

Norway
    But there where plenty of good people for instance the woman that loved him.
    He could have gotten his hand on a gun and shot the dangerous and cruel people who picked on him if he wanted to but he wanted to kill all so he could feel like he controlled of the end of the human race rather than the end controlled him.
    Evil.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post

this is from the same interview series that i posted in the thread "an excellent series of interviews" given to horrorweb in 04.

This is it this is it, this is the perspective that the zombies are common people and the living our the elite(in there perspective) Miguel was bit, and he saw the truth. Don't you see, this defends my arguement in my opening thread, sombody do you see this. He became more intune with the zombie, thats what the zombie bite does.

Do you see.

He says the living are became heartless and are not what humans should be. See he is a zombie from the view of the elite. He is turned, he speaks as one of us.

He even speaks that they will have nowhere to fly away to. Before ever seeing this interview, I spoke of how they always speak of flying away. I do not see this as rapture, that would be an acceptable fly away, their fly away is spoken of after things go bad, not because of the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Redge777; 20-Nov-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    Google ("Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" "Must Read Article") both terms. It is a red pill about the 53-54 revolution, if you read the entire thread and all the links.

United States
    Dude, we get it. Now please, with all due respect, shut it. You are like a one trick pony. Please, for the love of God, talk about something else.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dying

Undisclosed
    Damn, this is heavy. I'm gonna have to smoke a fatty and watch this movie again.

United States
    "The spirituality and religionosity of that character realizes it is the end. It's like someone has to sacrifice themselves and bring this madness to a halt."

"So I let them in and sacrificed myself for the - what I think - is the betterment of mankind in general."

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I also saw some religious and nihilistic shades to Miguel's actions. Perhaps in his twisted mental state he saw his actions as cleansing the human race in favor of the new species. It appeared to me he was offering himself for judgement.
    Who da man??

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Dude, we get it. Now please, with all due respect, shut it. You are like a one trick pony. Please, for the love of God, talk about something else.
    In another thread you pointed up to my thread ^ and said I was like a virus.

Lets see, you say my post are bad, viruses are bad. You say my posts spread. And in this post you ask me to talk about something else.

Ok, lets talk about why my comments are bad, would they not only be bad if you already knew my symbolism and considered its knowledge spreading being bad. What if people read your post and realized you see the same thing, but do not talk about it to protect through secrecy a certain world position. You even call my ideas crazy, yet I ask people to stop and think, what is more crazy, my comments, or your worry about them being viral and begging that I stop.

If my comments were not true, wouldn't you just assume nobody would believe them and not care if they were posted?

I think your comments support something, something you don't want discussed. If my comments are incorrect please show me where.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...?t=1556&page=3
    In this page when people were commenting on meaning, with many comments about people being dumb, and even one about sheep, you said that you agreed. Why is there symbolism ok, yet mine is somehow crazy. I smell an agenda you may have.
    Last edited by Redge777; 21-Nov-2007 at 05:10 AM.
    Google ("Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" "Must Read Article") both terms. It is a red pill about the 53-54 revolution, if you read the entire thread and all the links.

United States

Darnit, you found me out. Now the Power Elite will have to be informed. Your foil cap will protect you no longer!!!

United States

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Oh, they need to add that one.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Redge777 View Post
    I think your comments support something, something you don't want discussed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post

Darnit, you found me out. Now the Power Elite will have to be informed. Your foil cap will protect you no longer!!!
    My friend God Bless you. This is humorous. I should let you know I been on the radar for years. And my protection does not come from a tin hat.

I understand you meant this as humor, and I laugh with you on this one.

England
    Look folks, Miguel was a twat. He had no right to decide to wipe out a dozen people (several of which had done him no harm).

My blood boils every time I watch his death scene...Steel should've wasted him in the zombie pen.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon