Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x04 "Indifference" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Administrator

England
    Im not going to get into carol's character again, think i made my position clear in last weeks thread but i did just want to add i think another fantastic episode, season 4 has been fantastic so far.

I Think rick was right in what he did, i dont think he made a quick or rash decision but rather he was testing her and judging her the whole time they where out on a run, and she did make several bad decisions, both irresponsible and cold.

I also agree with what some guys have said here that he did what he did with the safety of the entire group, including carol, as his priority. Her return to the prison could indeed erupt a war once tyreese finds out what she did and daryl would probably try to protect her so yeah, the safety of the entire group could be comprimised by her return.

I also dont think we have seen the last of her but i do personally think she is marked this season, shes on a downward slope and as we've seen with previous characters (shane, andrea..) it builds them up to kill them.

Not saying that becuase i hate her, just the way i see this season going.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I also dont think we have seen the last of her but i do personally think she is marked this season, shes on a downward slope and as we've seen with previous characters (shane, andrea..) it builds them up to kill them.
    I would bet money this!

- - - Updated - - -

clarification.....I believe your statement is right on the money
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 05-Nov-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: ............

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    I think carol was right to kill the 2 sick people, if she assessed them as about to die, and trying to stop the spread of the flu what's the problem? Do you have to wait for a person to turn before you destroy the threat?

Wasn't the hippie guy in the pictures on the gas station wall? With the hunting party group?
    1) She jumped the gun. She did the wrong thing for the right reasons. Would she have done the same thing if it had been Glenn and Maggie, or Daryl and Rick, lying on those beds with the super-flu?

They were locked away, they weren't roaming around - at least give them a chance ... besides, as is always the way with colds and flus, by the time you're exhibiting symptoms you've already had it in your system (and spreading it unintentionally) for a while already. They don't know how anyone got it, so there was no firm evidence that it was just Karen and David who were infected ... a fact which was quickly proven.

2) I wondered that myself, but rewatched and paused on the photo and no - it's a different guy.

Rick was in a sticky situation with Carol, no matter what he chose to do he's bound to upset some people, but yeah, the choice he made could potentially be the best all-rounder ... but I do wonder if Carol's going to stumble into a certain someone out there on the road.

As for Michonne - she warmed up in season three - "Clear" was a great episode for Michonne. She got more to say, cracked a smile, and acted more human. It's good to see they're continuing on that path this season - she's cracking smiles left, right, and centre.

Administrator

England
    Friend of mine just came up with a interesting theory, he thinks the governor will show up at the prison holding carol hostage..

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It would take a flash back to reveal the (true) events; A technique I've never seen used in this series before. And I can't see them using it.
    They've use flashbacks before, mostly in the cold openers.

Shane and Rick before zompocalypse

Shane visiting Rick in hospital

Shane and Lori before zompocalypse

Lori hearing about Rick being shot outside carl's school

etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Friend of mine just came up with a interesting theory, he thinks the governor will show up at the prison holding carol hostage..
    Yeh, I was kind of thinking along those lines myself.

They've invested too much time on Carol to have her just bugger off into the sunset like that.

I don't think we've seen the last if her.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    They've use flashbacks before, mostly in the cold openers.

Shane and Rick before zompocalypse

Shane visiting Rick in hospital

Shane and Lori before zompocalypse

Lori hearing about Rick being shot outside carl's school
    They were all "cold openers" as you say, for events before the start of the series. We've never had, "here's some $hit that happened just an episode or two ago that we didn't let you see. So hahhhaaaaa, fooled you!"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Rick is the man. Even Daryl knows this as was revealed in "Infected" by asking him to take up a leadership position again. However, my spider sense is telling me that after Daryl discovers what Rick has done, Daryl will split off to look for Carol; possibly splitting the group as well.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Rick is the man. Even Daryl knows this as was revealed in "Infected" by asking him to take up a leadership position again. However, my spider sense is telling me that after Daryl discovers what Rick has done, Daryl will split off to look for Carol; possibly splitting the group as well.
    Didn't even think about Daryl's reaction to this! Eeek!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Didn't even think about Daryl's reaction to this! Eeek!
    Which leads us to this possibility....

WARNING: Spoilers from comic!

Daryl bolts off to look for Carol, Michonne goes with him. They run into the Governor and get captured. The Governor takes them to the prison as live bait to force Rick's hand. Tyreese sides with Rick so he's spared but Daryl gets beheaded with Michonne's sword and the internet explodes.

Just a thought.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I know everyone wants to see him as the selfless leader, but that's not really who he is.
    Rick is the protagonist and tries, but he certainly isn't always right and he falls down a lot, that's what makes him interesting. Human flaws are apparent in just about every major character that gets substantial face time in the comic (up to my readings, anyway). It's just about always been that way in the comics and seems to have rounded out that way in the television version, as well.

I think Rick made a reasonable and believable decision, though--if we're conjecturing--not the one I think I'd have made.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England

Daryl bolts off to look for Carol, Michonne goes with him. They run into the Governor and get captured. The Governor takes them to the prison as live bait to force Rick's hand. Tyreese sides with Rick so he's spared but Daryl gets beheaded with Michonne's sword and the internet explodes.

Just a thought.
    Maybe put your "Spoilers from comic" warning BEFORE the spoiler next time. I though it was just your personal guess, and didn't realise it was the actual comic story

I've amended your post...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Maybe put your "Spoilers from comic" warning BEFORE the spoiler next time. I though it was just your personal guess, and didn't realise it was the actual comic story

I've amended your post...
    No problem, sir. Will do next time. Thanks for the fix. My bad.

Super Moderator

United States
    Very interesting and...

believable, given what we know of the prison story arc from the comic.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought.
    Large portions of that would be damned sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, sir. Will do next time. Thanks for the fix. My bad.
    You spoiler posted non flagrante delicto, but without conforming to best practices?

Sir, please conform to the standards laid out in the following best practices (heretofore referred to as "Best Practices of Spoilage"):

1) First notification of spoilage: drive by post in thread that you plan on posting a spoiler within the next 37 hours. Failure to post a spoiler (using full best practices) in the allotted time is actionable grounds for a demerit.

2) Bibliography of Spoilage: Post under title "My spoiler, supporting material" and include in [spoiler] tags your bibliography/list of supporting materials (please conform to a standard MLA style bibliography; no free form, please and thank you).

3) Wait for Spoilage: After above procedures have been performed please wait 12 hours for confirmation by private message. If confirmed, please move on to the next step.

4) Posting of Spoilage: Feel free to now post your spoiler in the following manner:
    • In subject line of your replying post, change subject line to: ***My Spoiler***
    • In body of text, directly preceding your spoiler post in bold (color change of text optional, you're welcome) that you have, in fact, posted a spoiler within your spoiler tags and please note the type of spoiler (Comic Book, Interview, Production Notes, Commercial, Spectral visitation by Robert Kirkman are all acceptable examples).
    • And Finally, post your spoiler inside the spoiler tags.

Thank you for adhering to the protocol, Citizen.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    What? Lol

Super Moderator

United States
    What? Lol
    Sorry, should have added: to my post.