Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Friday the 13th

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was a pretty good doc. Worth $20? No fucking way, but I would pay $10 if I could get it for that, but since Encore and Starz are running it for free, I will take the free route.

Yes it was called His Name was Jason.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    I paid $10 for His Name Was Jason, and inside the DVD was a coupon for a free ticket to see Friday the 13th!

United States
    i watched most of it on the net. i didnt finish it. it's ok. i cant really take tom serious ever since my school haha. he's like a broken record. but if your a jason fan, do tune in

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I can categorically say it IS most DEFINITELY "ki" and "ma" - indeed short for "kill" and "mom/mommy" - I've heard/read that fact countless times over the years now.

Just in case anyone was still unsure.
    And yet it still sounds like ha ha ha ha chi chi chi chi
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I seen it on the day it came out ! I loved it..But nothing beats the Old one.

Thanks for the sig Thorn !

United States
    Word is going 'round now that a sequel is already in the works, despite an 80% drop off between 1st & 2nd weekend...not necessarily a surprise, but hmmm...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Word is going 'round now that a sequel is already in the works, despite an 80% drop off between 1st & 2nd weekend...not necessarily a surprise, but hmmm...
    Well, none of the original Fridays really stayed number 1 in the box top office even back then. It's made $55 million so far.....I don't know if the studio had a target figure in mind, but they can't be too disappointed.....it's not like anyone at Platinum Dunes is going to say "Yeah, but those are 55 million angry dollars."

Super Moderator

UK
    "Yeah, but those are 55 million angry dollars."
    My £6.40 was "moderate, nothing else to watch pounds"

I see it got 2/5 in Total Film, kinda sums it up really, rather meh, and far too slick.

Still, all the Jason stuff was good - so if they do a follow-up, let's hope it's more TCM2003, than TCM: The Beginning, eh?

Although not having a follow-up would be no loss at all...there's too many damn remakes of great flicks.

United States
    Unlike the sophomore efforts of other franchises, the new “Friday” is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up, those familiar with the project say. Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, but the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template.
    Wait! What does that even mean?!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I see it got 2/5 in Total Film, kinda sums it up really, rather meh, and far too slick.

Still, all the Jason stuff was good - so if they do a follow-up, let's hope it's more TCM2003, than TCM: The Beginning, eh?

Although not having a follow-up would be no loss at all...there's too many damn remakes of great flicks.
    Hopefully, the follow doesn't rely to much on sex like the first one we got so far. Seriously why are more horror films now in days like:

[------BREASTS------] [-- -----------SEX-----------] [----DRUGS----] [--GORE--]

Why not?:

[SUSPENSE] [LIKABLE CHARACTERS] [BREASTS] [SEX] [ DRUGS] [GORE] [GREAT PACING] [GREAT STORY] [GREAT ACTING]

Although the last one is pushing it though. Even, the original Fridays had some pretty terrible preformances.
    Last edited by Doc; 01-Mar-2009 at 04:20 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had the extreme misfortune of seeing this travesty recently....

For reference....I was never a huge fan of the originals. I've seen them all and I can understand why people enjoy them. This remake sticks pretty close to what I imagine the fans would want out of a no-brainer like this, but that's the bad part.

If you've seen ANY horror/slasher film in the last 30 years, you might as well not bother with this POS remake. Lame characters, very very VERY predictable deaths(I called just about all of them before they happened) and basically no plot. This has been done, and done, and done again.

And is it just me or did they cram the stories from the first THREE original films into this remake and still fall short of a good plot? Holy hell...

Why is this movie called Friday the 13th, again? Unless I'm mistaken....it is NEVER mentioned within the film. Good job, guys.

Like I said....I never was a real fan of the originals and find these sort of movies to usually be kind of dumb, but they are fun on some kind of small level. They are pretty much like shoot em up action movies. They can entertain you once but that's about it. Too bad in the case of the F13 remake I wasn't entertained the first time around. Total crap. Avoid at all costs.

And the worst part is....this flick made huge bank in theaters. You know they'll be turning out one every year for the kiddies that like the Saw franchise. Time to grow up you little fucks. This is not good filmmaking.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Jul-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I had the extreme misfortune of seeing this travesty recently....

For reference....I was never a huge fan of the originals. I've seen them all and I can understand why people enjoy them. This remake sticks pretty close to what I imagine the fans would want out of a no-brainer like this, but that's the bad part.

If you've seen ANY horror/slasher film in the last 30 years, you might as well not bother with this POS remake. Lame characters, very very VERY predictable deaths(I called just about all of them before they happened) and basically no plot. This has been done, and done, and done again.

And is it just me or did they cram the stories from the first THREE original films into this remake and still fall short of a good plot? Holy hell...

Why is this movie called Friday the 13th, again? Unless I'm mistaken....it is NEVER mentioned within the film. Good job, guys.

Like I said....I never was a real fan of the originals and find these sort of movies to usually be kind of dumb, but they are fun on some kind of small level. They are pretty much like shoot em up action movies. They can entertain you once but that's about it. Too bad in the case of the F13 remake I wasn't entertained the first time around. Total crap. Avoid at all costs.

And the worst part is....this flick made huge bank in theaters. You know they'll be turning out one every year for the kiddies that like the Saw franchise. Time to grow up you little fucks. This is not good filmmaking.

The sad part is that they wouldn't know good filmaking if it came up to them and slapped them.

What we consider good filmaking from back in the day they would never have the patience to sit through.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I guess I am the only one who enjoyed the remake. I really don't see what the bitch is about this movie. Its a Friday the 13th movie. What did you guys expect? A 4 star horror movie? *L* It was a B-level slasher movie. I took it for what it is compared to the other films of the series.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I took it for what it is compared to the other films of the series.

I remember the first of the original movies actually having a sense of dread and suspense while also having sex and death. This is just sex and death. Very poor deaths, btw.

Let's see....Jason's on the dock, the naked bitch is underneath the dock, now how could she possibly die? A machete through the dock floor and into her head?!?!? Oh my god I never saw that one coming!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I remember the first of the original movies actually having a sense of dread and suspense while also having sex and death. This is just sex and death. Very poor deaths, btw.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. The movies of today are capable of showing just as musch gore as ever. But , as you said, the sense of dread and suspense is a lost art.

Perhaps it's due to the much discussed adhd generation who are just not patient enough for tha type of buildup.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    First four actually ... with a few elements from some of the others too.

My impression was "meh" ... all the Jason bits were very enjoyable, that chick's boobies were AWESOME, I enjoyed the black and asian guys, the "hero in search of his sister" was thoroughly decent ... but that was it.

It really felt like TCM2003 though, which was a big mistake to make - but it's unsurprising when it's the same director and same producers ... same writer? Can't remember, can't be arsed to check.

I might buy the extended version on DVD for a fiver or less perhaps.

It was an anus-load better than Freddy VS Jason though ... good lord that movie sucked "teh ballz".