Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Daryl Dixon: The Unstoppable Super Ninja

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    We already know about your pro nipple ring stance, Lou
    Hey man, I thought we were going to keep that between just you and I??

United States
    I really love that he is so responsive and interactive with fans, and his nod to Romero fans was awesome.

United States
    "Shane ain't no tracker..."
    Darryl, you one bad mutha... shut yo mouth!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Put it this way: aside from the first episode of season 2 (traffic jam), it wasn't until after season 2 part 2 picked up again (and a few episodes into it, too) that it felt like the story started to move again finally. Spending half a season running around in the woods looking for some stupid little girl during a zombie apocalypse makes ZERO SENSE, not to mention it was boring as all hell.

It's amazing - tons of debate as to what to do with Randall, right? "Keeping Randall alive puts the group in danger!" Well, guess what? So does wandering around in the woods for days/weeks/whatever looking for some little girl who stood zero chance to begin with, but we'll just let that slide.

Regardless of what the show is/was "trying to get across" or whatever anyone thinks "the show is about" it doesn't change the fact that the majority of season 2 moved too slow in many aspects. While I don't agree with Dave, that the show needed tons more zombies and gore to make it appealing, it certainly needed a kick in the ass because it has been meandering a lot this season.

Agreed . I've seen plenty of movies where it didn't feel as there was enough time to flesh out the story. This season felt like the exact opposite where they actually had too much time to kill and it ended up diluting the story. The story could have easily been told in 9 or ten episodes.

It felt like a term paper that ran a couple pages too long which your professor tells you to shorten so that the story can be tighter and more coherent. Sometimes less is more kirkman!

Oh and lori is a dirty ho. That is all.......

Last edited by darth los; 19-Mar-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: ; )
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    "Shane ain't no tracker..."
    Darryl, you one bad mutha... shut yo mouth!!!
    He was certainly rocking it in 2x13 ... awesome.

United States
    Riding a motorcycle in the zombie apocalypse seems like a mixed bag, you are more mobile and can get in and out of tight places (giggity) but you are so exposed to walkers, but he does it lie a boss with a chick on his ride.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Riding a motorcycle in the zombie apocalypse seems like a mixed bag, you are more mobile and can get in and out of tight places (giggity) but you are so exposed to walkers, but he does it lie a boss with a chick on his ride.
    There was a meme image elsewhere in this thread of just that - riding the bike like a boss, regardless of noise.

I loved that he went back for Carol, and that he really feels a part of the team now. I'd reckon he's holding on to the bike for sentimental reasons.

United States
    I want one of these:

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    me 2 that is the shiznits
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I want one of these:

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by minionzombie View Post
    there was a meme image elsewhere in this thread of just that - riding the bike like a boss, regardless of noise. :d

Last edited by LouCipherr; 21-Mar-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Last edited by bassman; 21-Mar-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Did anyone hear him make the racist joke about Asians driving? I know it was jokingly, but I was kind of surprised to hear it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Did anyone hear him make the racist joke about Asians driving? I know it was jokingly, but I was kind of surprised to hear it.
    He's actually made several asian jokes. Driving, calling Glenn Japanese(or was it Chinese?) ans saying "does it matter?" after h'es corrected, and also calling him Shortround. The shortround joke is really funny, though. Mainly because they both have very similar baseball caps.

United States
    I'll be honest. Out of all the characters on this show, Daryl is the one I care for most and oils be really upset if he gets killed off. This is The Walking Dead, however, no one is safe.

Also, those pictures are great, lol
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States