Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many of them, not enough ammo!

United States
    How long do the power cells on the nightvision scope last? You wouldn't be able to recharge it in a zombie scenario, since power will go out everywhere pretty quick.

Undisclosed
    It uses readily available batteries...AA or CR23 smaller camera style batteries. they last along time!

United States
    Well that's a plus. I was afraid it would have some specialized battery type like phones do. That would have sucked for this situation.

United States
    Nice ones, Skip. I think when the dead start walking I would want to hang out with your crew.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    The problem is they cannot be avoided. To avoid them is to give up on life, and just surrender. They will see you and follow wherever you go, never stopping. As soon as you stop somewhere, anywhere, they will begin to catch up. Next thing you know, you're under siege, in a hopeless situation.

Sooner or later, you will have to deal with every zombie you encounter. It's best to do it at the longest range possible.
    Can't be avoided in an urban, or suburban environment, agreed. Head for the sticks, secure an isolated farmhouse, grow your own food, hunt, survive. After a while zom encounters will be rare events.

Dude, 25-yards is a long range when dealing with slow moving zombies. It would take one at least a minute to cover the distance (Romero zoms, of course.)

-stray-

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed

owns.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Dude, 25-yards is a long range when dealing with slow moving zombies. It would take one at least a minute to cover the distance (Romero zoms, of course.)

-stray-
    If they are close enough for me to see through binoculars, they are too close as far as I'm concerned.

Especially if they are looking back and see that you're there.

West Asheville, North Carolina, United States
    United States
    GRIM!!! Welcome back! I don't get on much anymore, myself, but it's good to see you up and around.
    Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    base ball bats aluminum or wood... you can find them any where. 22lr pistols and rifles. 12 and 20 gauge scatter guns. nuff said. oh and run like heck

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Why is everyone going to the sticks? Why would you leave the major cities for? Think about. I go to Cincinnati all the time. I think the best thing you could do is understand that you need strong major structures to survive. Sure there may be fewer zombies in the sticks at first but after a while you will screwed and good luck with that little farm house you're stuck in.

First thing I'd do is find a few truck drivers and do what ever to keep them alive. A truck driver is going to be key to keeping you with the supplies you are going to need. Second I'd find a major parking garage. Once you have the few ways in blocked you're good to go. Not to mention a major parking garage is a very strong structure.

The good thing about the large 18 wheelers is you can run over lots of zombies and keep on trucking (sorry I had to say that). The first thing I'd go get would be gas generators. Then go get one of those wonderful gas trucks. Also, a few snow plow trucks as well. Maybe get them first. You could kill lots of zombies with a few of those suckers. We don't need stinking.

Think about it, you could keep the streets clear around the parking garage with snow plows. Use them to lead the way to go out for more supplies as well. Also, the top of the parking garage would be a landing spot for helicopters. Oh, I'd go get loads of dirt to put on the top level to grow food. Heck, you take care of the truckers you could go get freash meat as well. All the cattle would be geting real fat during all this. While you're getting killed in the sticks I'd be living like a king in a parking garage eating freash steak.

Most important I'd go raid the nearest leather store. You can't bite through leather. Hah! Bring'em on bring'em on!
    Last edited by Redman6565; 06-Jun-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Aaland
    the idea to hit the sticks isnt as bad as you think. people in the country are better prepared for a zombie uprisin. and the seclusion in the country is almost limitless. in the city you have a higher congregation of zombies than in the country. heck i live 5 miles from hueston woods state park i could ride up there with my supplies and group and hole up there. the park is thick with foilage and some places are inaccessable even on foot. the sticks is always the best choice. now some people would stand a better chance of hittin the road in the opposite direction due to racial spats that might occur in the sticks with various ethnicites and country folk... i know this cuz my area isnt the most color friendly not that im racist or anything but everything must be taken into consideration when hittin the road. im sure your idea isnt fubar redman but i would try to stay out of harms way or "teeth" at all costs.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowofthedead View Post
    the idea to hit the sticks isnt as bad as you think. people in the country are better prepared for a zombie uprisin. and the seclusion in the country is almost limitless. in the city you have a higher congregation of zombies than in the country. heck i live 5 miles from hueston woods state park i could ride up there with my supplies and group and hole up there. the park is thick with foilage and some places are inaccessable even on foot. the sticks is always the best choice. now some people would stand a better chance of hittin the road in the opposite direction due to racial spats that might occur in the sticks with various ethnicites and country folk... i know this cuz my area isnt the most color friendly not that im racist or anything but everything must be taken into consideration when hittin the road. im sure your idea isnt fubar redman but i would try to stay out of harms way or "teeth" at all costs.
    You better hope Miami University is out for the summer if it happens or you've got 16,000 + dead college students heading towards Hueston Woods. I live around 15 min from there and you wouldn't last long at all out there. I know Hueston Woods like the back of my hand. Been runing around there all my life, 42 years. No where to hide or hold up in Hueston Woods. I'll take my snow plows and parking garage. Heck, Oxford would give you a better chance for long term survival than Hueston Woods. Not to mention some hot gals to pass the time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    Why is everyone going to the sticks? Why would you leave the major cities for? Think about. I go to Cincinnati all the time. I think the best thing you could do is understand that you need strong major structures to survive. Sure there may be fewer zombies in the sticks at first but after a while you will screwed and good luck with that little farm house you're stuck in.

First thing I'd do is find a few truck drivers and do what ever to keep them alive. A truck driver is going to be key to keeping you with the supplies you are going to need. Second I'd find a major parking garage. Once you have the few ways in blocked you're good to go. Not to mention a major parking garage is a very strong structure.

The good thing about the large 18 wheelers is you can run over lots of zombies and keep on trucking (sorry I had to say that). The first thing I'd go get would be gas generators. Then go get one of those wonderful gas trucks. Also, a few snow plow trucks as well. Maybe get them first. You could kill lots of zombies with a few of those suckers. We don't need stinking.

Think about it, you could keep the streets clear around the parking garage with snow plows. Use them to lead the way to go out for more supplies as well. Also, the top of the parking garage would be a landing spot for helicopters. Oh, I'd go get loads of dirt to put on the top level to grow food. Heck, you take care of the truckers you could go get freash meat as well. All the cattle would be geting real fat during all this. While you're getting killed in the sticks I'd be living like a king in a parking garage eating freash steak.

Most important I'd go raid the nearest leather store. You can't bite through leather. Hah! Bring'em on bring'em on!
    Redman, you have some interesting ideas but I would not write off getting out of the major metropolitan areas. Zombies are not the only danger you would be facing in this particular sort of crisis, and in fact you would be competing against all the other survivors for resources.

I have seen people getting into fistfights over a parking space at the mall during Christmas. I would imagine that tensions would be a lot higher if survival was at stake, and that no one would be living like a king and eating steak when competition for resources would be as high as it would get during a survival crisis.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Redman, you have some interesting ideas but I would not write off getting out of the major metropolitan areas. Zombies are not the only danger you would be facing in this particular sort of crisis, and in fact you would be competing against all the other survivors for resources.

I have seen people getting into fistfights over a parking space at the mall during Christmas. I would imagine that tensions would be a lot higher if survival was at stake, and that no one would be living like a king and eating steak when competition for resources would be as high as it would get during a survival crisis.
    hahaha That's for sure but I would not waste a bullet on a zombie. I'd save those for the living. The only way into a, fortified, major parking garage surrounded by zombies would be through the air. There are a few of those right there in Oxford. Like I said, nice looking gals to keep you busy as well.

Aaland

evilned shiza....

miami university students.... ha they would be the first to turn to zombies. they are all said pathetic excuses for human existence. all of them... any who... the only people i would worry about in oxford are the nut balls in the trailer park. real nutballs. i know this because i lived there for about 6 months. so yeah.. oh and have you ever noticed that miami university's buildings are actually built very well... even some of their newer buildings beat the shiza out of my farm house. load up and clear out. my whole thing is protecting the farm... do my best to do it. renewable resource of green food a pond and plenty of wild animals to eat. oxford not so much... tough choice... protection or resources???