Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Virtually the same thing, but here's video of Murray's comments. It's at the 3 minute mark.

http://www.popcrunch.com/bill-murray...deo-october-3/

It's so weird to hear him be open to the possibility. The game must be awesome. Apparently that's the reason he wants to return...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems like he's pretty into it. I sort of hope it happens.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    were did all these rumors going round of seth rogan playing ray's son come from? i can see him spot on as a ghostbuster as the funny guy but ive googled this for a good 30 minutes and found no comment to give any credence to this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    were did all these rumors going round of seth rogan playing ray's son come from? i can see him spot on as a ghostbuster as the funny guy but ive googled this for a good 30 minutes and found no comment to give any credence to this.
    There really isn't any. It's the result of two things.

1. Some fan created a manip of Apatow's four guys in 40 Year Old Virgin as Ghostbusters. Not too great, if you ask me.

This spread across the net and then movie news sites somehow picked it up as actual news. You know how that crap goes.

2. When Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd both mentioned in interviews that the guys who worked on The Office are writting a third script, people asked about new comedians coming into the franchise. Aykroyd mentioned some of Apatow's group would be cool, but nothing was in the works. Then the news sites took that one and ran with it.

So there really isn't any truth behind it. Just fans' wish lists started it all. Then Rogen was asked a few times about it, to which he replied that he knew nothing. He's said in multiple interviews that he is a huge fan, but he's also had this to say about a potential third film..

It's hard to imagine that would be good, isn't it? I mean just as a movie fan I am the first guy to be skeptical of that. It sounds like a terrible idea when you first hear it. At first hearing it sounds like the worst idea ever. I mean, that would have to be one motherf***ing good script.

So yeah....just rumors.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well fuck me running.....

Listen to THIS.

The script is scheduled to be done this June and they hoping to start production in the fall for a 2010 release. All of the guys are in, including Murray, and they'll be "passing the torch" to a new generation.

Personally, I don't know if I like this idea. I just don't see a new team being able to create the chemistry and dynamics that made the originals so great. Even though this is still a big if(although it does seem more and more like it's going to happen), if it does indeed happen, I think i'm more excited about the game honestly. Maybe the films should be left where they stand and continue the story through video games with the original, digitally younger cast.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As another Ghostbusters fan, I will disagree with Bassman on this subject. I want to see this movie.

While I am not a gamer, I am looking forward to the game.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Bring on the game ... ... as for the movie ... as a big GB fan I'm more than a little bit anxious after what happened with Indy 4 (I thought it was alright, but not a patch on #1 or #3 at all).

Dead

Undisclosed
    While I am skeptical of the quality if the movie actually happens I am hopeful that the positive energy of writing and making the game would have been a warm up that would give Ghostbusters 3 an edge over other old movie series being revived like Indy 4. Rather than simply picking up a franchise so many years later it'd be nice to assume the gears are running smoothly at this point.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    While I am skeptical of the quality if the movie actually happens I am hopeful that the positive energy of writing and making the game would have been a warm up that would give Ghostbusters 3 an edge over other old movie series being revived like Indy 4. Rather than simply picking up a franchise so many years later it'd be nice to assume the gears are running smoothly at this point.
    Yeah, this is a good point. They've all revisited the characters for the game, so maybe the "warm up period" is over and they're ready to go full swing. Hopefully these two new writers(I still don't see why they don't get Ramis and Aykroyd to write it?) will pay as much respect to the franchise as the developers of the game have.

I'm skeptical. I'll be there to see it, but I'm going to try my best to not get excited about it until A) it's confirmed, and B) I've seen the direction they're taking.

If it works, great. If not...the orignals will still be awesome and the game appears to be more of a TRUE sequel than this proposed third film anyway...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and like i posted earlier in the thread, seth rogans name pops up again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and like i posted earlier in the thread, seth rogans name pops up again.
    That's just because he's the "go to" and "it" guy in hollywood right now. Sure, there's a possibility that he may end up in the final film, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I would much rather it be him than *shivers* Michael Cera. Cera worked with Ramis and the two writers of GB3 on the upcoming "Year One", so I hope he doesn't get thrown into the mix. I don't think I can take that guy's "acting" anymore.

Speaking of...how do you feel about him playing Pilgrim in Edgar Wright's film, Hells? You're a fan of Pilgrim if I remember correctly.*looks up at your avatar*
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Feb-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    after seing him in costume as scott he looks the part, but in the graphic novels scott pilgrims an energetic guy and cera seems kind of , i guess, boring. but then there aint that many early 20's actors doing the rounds today who can play for lack of a better term a loser

United States
    Egon better start dieting; that's all I gotta say!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Egon better start dieting; that's all I gotta say!
    I think they all had. A bit high in the years to be carrying those supposedly heavy proton packs. Except for Hudson. Dude is fit for his age.

They may not even wear their uniforms or packs in this new film. They may just hang around the firehouse and pop up every now and then for some advice and jokes...
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Feb-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They may not even wear their uniforms or packs in this new film. They may just hang around the firehouse and pop up every now and then for some advice and jokes...

Until the end when the new team screws up and they're forced to suit up once more to save the day. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be predictable, but I'm calling it now.

In a way I want this movie to be made, but I wouldn't be crushed if it never happened. I just want the game already!