Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Ireland
    Hmmm...isn't Las Vegas actually in a large desert?

I was going to go get mine today, but it's been pissing down all day.

Fecking Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    It pretty much looks like Fallout 3 outsite of the city. I have not reached the big city, yet. Also, beware of Vault 34.

United States
    The "Wild Wasteland" perk is pretty great, I've run into a few goofy/awesome things already

The charred remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, for one. Also, near the beginning of the the on the side of the highway, there's a refrigerator with the skeleton of Indiana Jones inside. Yes, you can take his hat.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

The charred remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, for one. Also, near the beginning of the the on the side of the highway, there's a refrigerator with the skeleton of Indiana Jones inside. Yes, you can take his hat.
    Oh now THAT is funny!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    WOOHOO! A buddy of mine bought this game not knowing that it was an RPG (I guess he games under a rock) and completely hates it. So, he told me if I get him a new copy of GTA IV ($19.99) he'll give me his barely-played copy of New Vegas ($59.99).

United States
    Yeah, I decided to give this one a rent as well. I was shafted on the "Special Edition" last time, yeah, I have a bobble head and lunch box, but the game is buggy as all hell and I'll be damned if I'm buying any DLC or GOTY edition. I've already spent 80 bucks on the thing already, ya know?

As for New Vegas, yeah, it's a bit of an improvement over Fallout 3. I played through the campaign, siding with the NCR and doing some sidequests before it had to be returned. It did hold my attention, which is something that F3 always had trouble doing, because of the shoddy controls and lack of iron sights. And while New Vegas does have iron sights, it can be hard to use them when the action gets hectic and the framerate drops.

If you liked F3, you'll probably dig this one and there could be alot more under the surface that I didn't get to see, but honestly, it almost feels like an expansion pack for F3..which felt like an expansion/mod/re-skin of Oblivion.

*shrug*

Take it for what it is I reckon.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Add me to the growing list of people on 360 who have had their save games corrupted by the DLC bug. Had I known it was triggered by the "Come Fly With Me" quest, I would've never done it. Now all but one of my save files are borked, so I'm not playing it until Bethesda/Obsidian patches it.

Technical issues aside, the game is fantastic. I just wish their quality assurance department actually played the game before shipping it.

Undisclosed
    Same thing happened to me with the Thorn quest. Luckily, I made multiple saves. The game froze during an auto-save. If I try to reload the game, then it would lock up as soon as the loading was finished.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I didn't know "Come Fly With Me" could trigger a corruption? Thankfully it didn't happen to me. Also, I've got 4 save spots on top of the auto-save that I am constantly rotating saving with. Like once every 30-45 minutes. This is also perfect if you make a decision in a quest that you find to be pretty terrible, you can revert and do the opposite.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Un fortunately most of the side quests are terrible.

This is a bad, glitchy game nothing like it's predecesor or oblivion, imo.

I sent it back to gamefly after 2 days if trying to give it a go. Just couldn't get into it.

That is all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Huh. I've been loving this game.

Then again, I haven't had to deal with the ant nectar addiction bug or the two mission lines with the known (confirmed?) save file corruption issues.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Un fortunately most of the side quests are terrible.

This is a bad, glitchy game nothing like it's predecesor or oblivion, imo.
    While the game is very glitchy, I couldn't disagree more. The writing and voice acting are a big step up from Fallout 3. As far as it being "nothing like it's predecessor", what are you smoking? It's basically Fallout 3 with small improvements all over the place (more guns, iron sights, new companions, etc.). If anything I'd be disappointed that they're so similiar; thankfully I love the worlds they've created. The game engine definitely needs an update, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Being able to have multiple companions follow you around has been awesome and saved my ass on more than one occasion.

I feel like the story and side-quests are far more engrossing than Fallout 3, which I loved, so this game is absolutely incredible to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Seeing as Steam has stopped me from getting this game for the PC (fuck you DRM bullshit), I've gone back to Fallout 3 for a quick bash-through replay - this time though I'm playing as a complete bastard. After getting my plot lead in Megaton I went on a spree and then blew it up.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I snagged this on Saturday and plan to ruin a few weekends with it. I absolutely loved F3, but didn't care for Oblivion. I'm frankly kinda scared of the glitches Im hearing about though. I had a lot of heartache due to freezing up while in vats with F3 so I'm understandably scared. Buuuuut... I loved the last one too much not to try New Vegas.