Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look as Season Two production begins

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    But Ron, that part was in the original comics, and since they smelled like them, it made a whole lot more 'sense' than in Shaun, when they just acted funny.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    But Ron, that part was in the original comics, and since they smelled like them, it made a whole lot more 'sense' than in Shaun, when they just acted funny.
    I didn't know that, but it's still cheesy as heck.

Ireland
    Yeh, just cos it's "in the comics" doesn't make it a wise move. There'll probably be tons of stuff "in the comics" that'll be totally discarded. I've said it before, it was crap idea in the comic and it's a crap idea in the live action version too.

The idea that zombies could "smell" a human among a mass of stinking undead is bloody stupid (and that's the polite version).

You couldn't even do that when you were alive, for Christ's sake.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I always figured zeds hunted by sound or sensing the body heat coming off the living.

But that being said, it's Kirkman's version of zombies, he can make up whatever rules he wants.

But THAT being said, we don't have to like/agree with Kirkman's (or any director's) version or explaination.

What I'm trying to say is that I have no strong opinion, and am sorry for wasting y'all's time.

Gripe away...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Gripe away...
    You like things that I hate & have opinions that differ from mine, therefore you are obviously wrong. Long tirade. Questions about your level of intelligence, taste in entertainment & your lineage, & if your parents were even married when you were conceived.

[I]funny picture[I]

[I]random smiley faces[I]

Cut, paste, & repeat as necessary.

There, that work for ya?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You like things that I hate & have opinions that differ from mine, therefore you are obviously wrong. Long tirade. Questions about your level of intelligence, taste in entertainment & your lineage, & if your parents were even married when you were conceived.

[I]funny picture[I]

[I]random smiley faces[I]

Cut, paste, & repeat as necessary.

There, that work for ya?
    Oh, yeah?

Take THAT, Moon...

(take these moons, too)

United States

You forgot the caption:

United States

Since we're digressing, Moon ol' buddy:

BTW, Thanks for the new wallpaper!
    Last edited by BillyRay; 21-Jun-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: splonge.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Um...kind of.

If we take the best film, 'Day of the Dead', we can see a lot of the drama coming from the first part of the film from the human element for sure. That's because there's little focus on the zombies throughout. However, all their pissing and moaning is dwarfed by the drama of the zombie invasion into the missile silo in the second half, when the human characters are basically reduced to (potential) screaming dinners. Any "threat" from the human lack of communication is mickey mouse compared to the threat of being devoured by the dead.
    Second half? More like the final 15 minutes or so. Also note that the invasion would not have taken place without those petty humans. That's what makes it so tragic. If only they would have communicated properly. It's what ties the original three Romero films together: zombies would have been easy to deal with if humanity had responded properly. Without emotion. Had them destroyed on sight as it were.

But damn, that finale in day ... I agree with you that those gruesome scenes set this type of 'apocalypse'film apart from the rest. Those munching scenes are absolutely terrifying. But calling the threat Rhodes and co poses Mickey Mouse? Without those idiots the invasion would not have taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    To me, the "zombie apocalypse" as it's become known, is a really terrifying concept. But, it really has only been done right once and that's 'Day of the Dead', where Romero hit such ripe chord. In fact, it was so ripe a chord, it was rejected by fans of 'Dawn of the Dead' at first, as it completely abandoned the "fun" of the first sequel. 'Day of the Dead' and it's spectacular gore effects show clearly and horribly the consequences of being a zombie lunch. There isn't another zombie movie that shows that in such a graphic way. Attacks are usually a bite here and there and somebody turning. But, the attack on Rickles in Day is yet to be bettered in any film. It's truly horrifying.

It's yet to be seen whether 'The Walking Dead' won't implode, but it'll need to up the ante to a large degree if it's to beat the "Darkest Day of horror the world has ever known..."
    Absolutely. But, and I take it you are familiar with the comics, if they let some of the gruesomeness play out the same way as in the source material we are in for a treat come season three when they will (hopefully) tackle

the governor...
    Also note that in those comics the biggest threat to our beloved characters is posed by ... humans!
    Some of the things that befall certain main characters are going to be hard putting on cable that's for sure!
    Last edited by krisvds; 21-Jun-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: shhhh

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    But calling the threat Rhodes and co poses Mickey Mouse? Without those idiots the invasion would not have taken place...
    Mickey Mouse in comparison to the 100 or so zombies that found their way into silo. Compared to that, Rhodes' nonsense is pale.

The thing about Rhodes, aside from him being a dick, is that I think he was mostly mouth. He's clearly a character on the edge, but without the "...those are my men in there..." revelation, I don't think he would have done much. The threat to Sarah probably would have remained verbal and she was well able for it too. Aside from that, the biggest worry would have been him taking the chopper and buggering off. even though Rhodes loathed his "mission", I cannot see him going into overdrive without the Logan factor.

As for

The Governor. I simply cannot see the producers going down this step fully. It's long been my opinion that Rooker's character will be molded into some sort of Governor composite. But, I doubt that AMC will have the balls to put on screen what he does in the comics. However, I really think that the "real monsters are us" cliche is a bit overdone in regards to the "zombie apocalypse". I don't think that choice between psycho human characters and a horde of undead is that much of a choice. I'd rather avoid both.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First Day of Shooting Season Two

Sorry to anyone outside the states. I'll put up the youtube version as soon as its available.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevpXM82ltM
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Jun-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Weird, but even though I'm still waiting semi-nonpatiently for season 2 to start, I'm already wondering if we'll have a huge wait for season 3 as well...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Weird, but even though I'm still waiting semi-nonpatiently for season 2 to start, I'm already wondering if we'll have a huge wait for season 3 as well...
    It will be October 2012 or later. I don't understand why people can't wrap their heads around AMC's scheduling. It's always a year between their seasons. Sometimes slightly longer...
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Jun-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I think I might not check this thread out anymore... I want it to be a surprise...

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    I think I might not check this thread out anymore... I want it to be a surprise...
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Big Frankie D burning his ass - totally blown the whole of series two for me now... I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the graphic novel either!