• All of the above

13 19.40%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Which zombies do you prefer and why

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Ob!

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I would love too, if given the chance... adapt the book, The Rising into a film. In fact I would love to do both The Rising and City of the Dead. I enjoyed both of those books for their character development and the stories in general.
    Although I voted for the GAR zombies, I have to say that Ob and company pose a serious challenge to the Romero zombies. I just finished reading both The Rising, and City of the Dead; either one of those would make for a great screenplay. The reason I would fear Ob and his kind is that They are malevolently intelligent, if you shoot one in the head, they simply resurrect in another victims corpse, whether human or animal. They are also able to read the memories of the body they inhabit. So planning against them is difficult to say the least. I really hope you do get to put the two stories to film. Brian Keene has done for zombies what Brian Lumley has done for vampires.
    Peace!

United States
    I like the GAR zombies
    what people are overlooking is the fact that some of them move fast
    they dont run like olympic sprinters but they dont all shamble

and his movies played in 1st run theaters when they came out
    Dawn was held over for many weeks when it played in Mass.
    Day and Land also opened at top theaters

dawn and day were not marketed to teens
    they were unrated
    under 18 not allowed
    not that that stopped us from seeing them
    but we were not the target audience
    they were after the people who remembered night
    and were adult horror patrons

but all zombies are cool in their own way
    i liked the dawn remake
    but i dont consider the 28 day infected beings zombies
    but they are cool nonetheless

United States

GAR's Standard Shamblers

GAR's Standard Shamblers...'cause I'm a grouchy old geezer that's set in my ways.

All y'all young whippersnappers with your smart zombies and runnin' corpses got no respect for tradition!

TZ
    TexasZombie
    http://www.geocities.com/eviloverlord668/afmain.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/9327/main.html

That which does not destroy me has made a very grave tactical error...

United States

28 Days Later

I am a really big fan of 28 Days Later, so I must speak on their behalf. The Infected in 28 Days Later are not zombies. They are not dead. They have a pulse. They can die just like any other humans. They are completely human but diseased.

Undisclosed
    All of the above. Can't pick one from another. It's just too damn hard. While I love the RotLD Zombies to death (pun intended), I don't think I can choose it without looking at another one and saying "I wish I'd have chosen you instead". So, I pick all of them.

United States
    I voted "all of the above" but if there was a selection for "just runners and shamblers" that's what I would've picked as I can't agree with 'intelligent' zombies for the most part.

I am of the mindset that you can have runners and shamblers. Yeah, the purists don't agree with that, but as far as I'm concered if you're freshly dead or killed (and not devoured) rigor mortis has not set in and you're still somewhat limber. It's the rules of the real world. It takes time to stiffen, so until then if you rise from the dead you're gonna be able to move about pretty easily. This is the approach we took with our movie Deadlands, too.

That being said, any zombies are good.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Apr-2006 at 11:59 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    I am of the mindset that you can have runners and shamblers. Yeah, the purists don't agree with that, but as far as I'm concered if you're freshly dead or killed (and not devoured) rigor mortis has not set in and you're still somewhat limber. It's the rules of the real world. It takes time to stiffen, so until then if you rise from the dead you're gonna be able to move about pretty easily. This is the approach we took with our movie Deadlands, too.

That being said, any zombies are good.

LC
    While I agree that a recently dead corpse will be more limber, they should not be able to beat a 4X100 Olympic relay team in a sprint. That's the problem I have with the running zombies. They seem to all have the ability to break the 100m sprint world record .

As with LouCipherr, I pretty much love all zombies but GAR's shamblers are far & away the best. IMHO anyway .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrusader
    I am a really big fan of 28 Days Later, so I must speak on their behalf. The Infected in 28 Days Later are not zombies. They are not dead. They have a pulse. They can die just like any other humans. They are completely human but diseased.

Which makes their Carl Lewis speed abit more believable than the speed exhibited in the Dawn 04 remake. Diseased but living humans running top speed I can understand, but a recently dead body which has no blood circulation doing the same... abit much.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Super Moderator

UK
    Especially as a zombie is supposed to be incapable of fully understanding their body - it's like a toddler. They can walk...but they don't do a great job of it. With GAR's zombies the more they're around the more they get used to their bodies - just like children, they stop bumping into walls and falling over themselves ... and start picking up M16s ... exactly like children!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    While I agree that a recently dead corpse will be more limber, they should not be able to beat a 4X100 Olympic relay team in a sprint. That's the problem I have with the running zombies. They seem to all have the ability to break the 100m sprint world record .
    Oh, I agree - they shouldn't be olympic sports runners, I just think they should be able to do more than just shamble and stumble along, especially when food is nearby!

Any zombies, they're all good.

LC

Super Moderator

UK
    GAR's zombies can be pretty feisty, they get more so as the saga progresses - hence the learning/getting used to their zombie bodies theory. There were a few in Day that just went nuts, lol, like toddlers on cocaine - HA!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Especially as a zombie is supposed to be incapable of fully understanding their body - it's like a toddler. They can walk...but they don't do a great job of it. With GAR's zombies the more they're around the more they get used to their bodies - just like children, they stop bumping into walls and falling over themselves ... and start picking up M16s ... exactly like children!

and wearing burberry all the while listening to babycakes on an i-pod they stole from a "gegger"

Undisclosed
    definatly GAR zombies they are just so much scarier

runners arn't as scary

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    okay so if you look out your window to see a runner youll go "pfft!, wuss!", but if there something slower than a turtule approaching at 0.0002 mph youll scream like a little girl and run to the hills, oh now im off to listen to some iron maiden,lol.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    okay so if you look out your window to see a runner youll go "pfft!, wuss!", but if there something slower than a turtule approaching at 0.0002 mph youll scream like a little girl and run to the hills, oh now im off to listen to some iron maiden,lol.
    If I see a runner, it may get to me and eat my face before I have a chance to get freaked. A Slo-Mo-Zom would creep my sh*t out more because I'd have more time to stare with disbelief and horror as it approches me and then eats my face.

P.S. Iron Maiden Kicks ASS!!!!! I'm an old MaidenHead from WAAAAAAAAY back in the day. I was one of the kids that etched Eddie into the desks at school with my pocket knife.
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 30-Apr-2006 at 12:42 AM.