Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: here's some crappy news...

United States
    I killed a guy with a trident.
    I saw that.

Classic stuff.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    frankly, i don't care if romero never made any money off his older films. again, that's his problem not mine.
    From everything I know about George Romero, he couldn't give less of a shit about how many of his films you download for free. Having such a pissy attitude actually is your problem, not his.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    From everything I know about George Romero, he couldn't give less of a shit about how many of his films you download for free. Having such a pissy attitude actually is your problem, not his.
    I would think it would be more of the production company's problem as they're the ones that put up the cash, but that's just me...

United States
    Romero has a history of not giving a shit about stuff he really needs to give a shit about.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would think it would be more of the production company's problem as they're the ones that put up the cash, but that's just me...
    Pissy attitudes are part of the production company's problem? Oh wait, now I get it!

Actually, it's the distributor's problem. Last weekend at HorrorHound, Romero admitted to scratching his head over Survival being released on DVD in the UK before it sees any type of release domestically. But at the end of the day, he's the director, not the producer or the distributor.

I just fail to see what any of it has to do with publicly gloating over being able to download a film like a spoiled punk. If I was Romero, I couldn't give less of a shit about it, either.

Undisclosed
    Having seen it, I'm surprised they found anyone willing to release this turd tbh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I admit, seeing it in London after a number of beers, I quite enjoyed it. However, watching it on DVD, the same vibe is non-existent and I don't particularly rate it up there with the others. It is nowhere in the league of Romero films past, but does he really intend it to be? I really do get the arse when vaginafarts start hating just because they've seen it once and just troll because they think that's cool.

That is ALL.
    Thats the thing he's not trying to top himself or even out do himself. He's making a movie based on his view points and ideas at the time...its the fans who want him to out do himself and "re-revolutionize the entire horror/zombie genre."

United States
    Sorry, but if you're just wanting to make a movie just to say "well, here's what I think about this" maybe you're in the wrong business and would be better suited to having a column in a local newspaper.

If you're not willing to bust your shit and produce the greatest thing possible, no matter what your budget is, respect is not owed.

Movies, even with embedded messages, should be entertaining. Unfortunately, Survival fails even at that.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los