View Poll Results: Which is superior?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romero's New Trilogy (Land-Diary-Survival)

7 12.96%
  • The Walking Dead

47 87.04%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Which do you prefer? Romero's last 3 dead films or The Walking Dead?

Undisclosed
    just dawned on me that we may no longer have these comparison 4ever...not if GAR should come on this site and read what his fans have become!

To GAR his fans are turning into raging blood hungry creatures ourselves! lmao

But sadly GAR is now only regarded as the godfather of the genre...as we all have seen with a younger generation!

Really hope GAR gets to crank out one last masterpiece b4 he checks out someday!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's just what we have always expected, actually. We've discussed it many times. That a fan(in this case, Kirkman and Darabont) would come along, take their love of the holy trilogy, and create something on par or at least close to par with what made us fall in love with the genre in the first place. I've got no deep hatred for Romero's latest trilogy, but he's dropped the ball with the fans.
    kinda makes you wonder what kirkman and darabont think of the new films....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    kinda makes you wonder what kirkman and darabont think of the new films....
    What they think and what they actually will say are 2 different things...

It'll probably be like republicans who are asked if sarah Palin is qualified to be president. No one really wants to say what they really think because she's a "giant in their industry" and they don't want to piss off the tea party, who are the reason they have any life at all, but we all know what the answer is.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Jesus moon. Beer has just come out of my nose and the rest is all over the flippin keyboard.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    MoonSylver: ruining fellow HPotD'er's keyboards since (uh, how long you been around these parts, moon?)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, atleast since march 06'. Was he around the old boards too?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Comparing GAR's new trilogy with TWD? God, what a joke...

TWD hands down. And it is a new trilogy, just filmed out of order (Diary 1st, Survival 2nd, Land 3rd). I refuse to have the abomination of "Land" associated with the Holy Trilogy (a.k.a. the original trilogy) no matter how many folks attempt to argue otherwise. It doesn't belong to the canon of the original trilogy as far as I'm concerned and never shall. It does make a good follow-up from "Survival" though.

While I don't hate "Land" as much as Andy or Gary (I think it's just slightly better than "Survival" -- Big Daddy didn't ride a Big Horse after all), I gasp anytime anyone mentions it in the same breath as the original Holy Trilogy.

This is how I would rank things (just comparing Romero to TWD):

1. Day
    2. Dawn
    3. Night
    4. TWD
    5. Diary
    6. Land (just barely above "Survival")
    7. Survival (just barely below "Land")

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 08-Dec-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    About equal, but with a slight favour over towards Romero's latest. Survival excluded.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Jesus moon. Beer has just come out of my nose and the rest is all over the flippin keyboard.

MoonSylver: ruining fellow HPotD'er's keyboards since (uh, how long you been around these parts, moon?)
    It is my goal in life now to see how many liquids & other fluids I can get y'all to spill on your keyboards...

...three...

....two...

...one...

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, at least since march 06'. Was he around the old boards too?
    Yes. Original join date was...'01 or '02 I think? I lost my account to (2?) different board crashes...?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Comparing GAR's new trilogy with TWD? God, what a joke...

TWD hands down. And it is a new trilogy, just filmed out of order (Diary 1st, Survival 2nd, Land 3rd). I refuse to have the abomination of "Land" associated with the Holy Trilogy (a.k.a. the original trilogy) no matter how many folks attempt to argue otherwise. It doesn't belong to the canon of the original trilogy as far as I'm concerned and never shall. It does make a good follow-up from "Survival" though.

While I don't hate "Land" as much as Andy or Gary (I think it's just slightly better than "Survival" -- Big Daddy didn't ride a Big Horse after all), I gasp anytime anyone mentions it in the same breath as the original Holy Trilogy.

This is how I would rank things (just comparing Romero to TWD):

1. Day
    2. Dawn
    3. Night
    4. TWD
    5. Diary
    6. Land (just barely above "Survival")
    7. Survival (just barely below "Land")

j.p.
    Day first? "com on' bro!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    Day first? "com on' bro!
    Trust me when I say it, I'm hardly the only person here who would easily rank "Day" as # 1 and quite a few others here would also rank "Day" not only as GAR's best but the best zombie flick ever made, hand's down. It's the best of the best of not only GAR's work but everything 'zombie' ever created, if you ask me. It's a shining beacon of pure awesomeness.

I had a dream once where a special "Extended Edition" of "Day" was released including another hour of cut footage (like the "Lord of the Rings" extended edition films) and it was better than most wet dreams.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    and it was better than most wet dreams.
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!

JD just came.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    It is my goal in life now to see how many liquids & other fluids I can get y'all to spill on your keyboards...

...three...

....two...

...one...
    hrmmm. sounds like something she would say, amirite?!?!?!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No contest. TWD.

And I actually like Land...

agreed. saw it in theaters, wasnt disappointed at all.

United States
    hrmmm. sounds like something she would say, amirite?!?!?!