Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Island (video game)

United States
    well, if that's the case, the graphics department has some lighting/blending/dimensional issues.

but seriously, a hulking bane-looking zombie in a straight jacket? i recall reading that there's supposedly a prison or something near this resort island this game takes place at, but that thing just looks fucking silly.

UK
    Box art too extreme for the USA!

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156850p1.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, if that's the case, the graphics department has some lighting/blending/dimensional issues.

but seriously, a hulking bane-looking zombie in a straight jacket? i recall reading that there's supposedly a prison or something near this resort island this game takes place at, but that thing just looks fucking silly.
    no more so than a tank or charger from left 4 dead for me, if i can ut up with honking kebab armed hillbillys this isnt exactly going to 'brea the illusion' in a game where the enemies are the walking dead.

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    You guys are putting too much faith into this and are going to be let down bigtime.
    FMV cutscene trailers do not = gameplay

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Price View Post
    Huh? No one has suggested that?

But 4-5yrs+ of serious development gives it a chance at least!

What I don't understand is how it's going to differentiate itself from L4D(2)?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Three new screens:

http://pc.incgamers.com/News/27369/t...-island-images

Ahhh... so he is a normal sized zombie! Looks like it's a 'Charger' type too.

Despite the L4D zombie class template, I'm looking forward to this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nobody has said it does.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well thank fuck it was just a poor angle on that particular shot ... I must say it did look awfully stupid being a great big giant, so thankfully it's not ... ... I'm still a bit "hmmm" on this 'different classes of zombies' thing, mind, not just for this game - I'm speaking generally.

What I'd much rather see now is video of actual gameplay.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well thank fuck it was just a poor angle on that particular shot ... I must say it did look awfully stupid being a great big giant, so thankfully it's not ... ... I'm still a bit "hmmm" on this 'different classes of zombies' thing, mind, not just for this game - I'm speaking generally.

What I'd much rather see now is video of actual gameplay.
    I think different classes are a necessary evil for this sort of gameplay, else it would just be too dull...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think different classes are a necessary evil for this sort of gameplay, else it would just be too dull...
    imagine left 4 dead with nothing but the normal ones standing or the normal hordes rushing you, eventually it would get dull. hell even WITH the hunters, spitters, boomers, tanks ect. its still kinda samey. Still dead island doesnt have anything that crazy- but at the same time its free roaming compared to left 4 deads halo style tunnel vision design style.
    Honestly the more i see the more this game looks like far cry meets dead rising meet a little bit of bioshock and just cause thrown in. Which could be awesome but you never know.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ugh, back we come around on the roundabout ... *refers back to aforementioned Fallout 3 with shambler zombies idea*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ugh, back we come around on the roundabout ... *refers back to aforementioned Fallout 3 with shambler zombies idea*
    difference here is the location, for me at least. I dug fallout but ,eh.... not the most amazing world. I believe, 'brown, brown everywhere' is the internet vernaculars of our time to describe it. This is a nice looking topical local set in the 'real' world. Though yeah samey zombies the whole time will get real boring- hence the psychos in dr, and specials in left 4 dead, but i get sold on a game by its world. this isnt a brown wasteland thats the same from edge to edge of its map so i am more excited. not amazingly so but im more excited to explore than the zombies aspect.
    Plus i have a feeling this is the closest we are going to get to a current gen high end disaster report or day of crisis since i am alive is rumoured to be vapourware lately.

Super Moderator

UK
    *sigh* I don't literally mean Fallout 3 with shamblers.

The vision has been laid out several times before on HPOTD. That is all.

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland

HELLSING nobody has said it does Except you at the Beginning of this post.

Hey whatever u of MR Greatest Game sinced slice bread when you originated this thread

Go read back to the top of the thread and (command your folks to) wash your underwear
    and then move into a tent with Minion Zombie when they all kick you out.
    Sent you to college for this?
    To be a mooch,...your damn near 28 years old fend for your self the both of you.
    Last edited by Tom Price; 26-Mar-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: usuk

United States
    whatever happened to playing nice, man?