Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Avatar 2 & 3 (& 4?)

Administrator

England
    ^^ The idea Colonel Miles Quaritch might be back seems daft to me, unless it's some sort of flashback etc!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ The idea Colonel Miles Quaritch might be back seems daft to me, unless it's some sort of flashback etc!?
    In the script it'll read "Quaritch is back ... ... it's summut to do wiv Ey'wa, or whatever..."

Administrator

England

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58238

"I have an idea for a fourth. I haven't really put pen to paper on it, but basically it goes back to the early expeditions of Pandora, and kind of what went wrong with the humans and the Na'vi and what that was like to be an explorer and living in that world... Because when we drop in, even in the first film in AVATAR 1, as it will be known in the future, we're dropping into a process that's 35 years in to a whole colonization. That will complete an arc and if that leads into more, we'll start, not imitating STAR WARS, but it's a logical thing to do because we'll have completed the thematic arc by the end of three. The only thing left to do is go back to see what it was like on those first expeditions and create some new characters that then become legacy characters in later films. It's a plan."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I didn't like the first one. It was poor character development and storytelling. You can't make a great film by masking a weak plot and development through heavy CGI and "blowing shit up". Mindless stuff generally isn't for me - I doubt I'll be seeing the sequels (unless for free if that).

I actually recently saw "Battleship" which was shockingly really good (in my opinion) as I've mentioned it elsewhere as well - sure, it's pure sugar-laced mindless entertainment - just as "Avatar" was - but I thought it was a far better sugar-laced mindless film than "Avatar" was at that.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever