Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3 (film) - 2021

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    “Generally you don’t see that kind of behavior in a major industry publication....”

Perhaps this is the family connection?
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Apr-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’ve always thought he can handle that sort of Ghostbusters-style comedy, so I’m super excited with this cast announcement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syces0qwXII

“I slimed myself”

Super Moderator

UK
    Rudd's got various subtle shades. He can go 'full Rudd', but he can also change himself up to fit different tones, so I'm hoping he'll slip right into what Ghostbusters' vibe is.

One of the reasons that the 2016 remake didn't work was that it was a totally different tone and vibe, and oftentimes showed off the worst of what current day American comedy has to offer, rather than the best. All those 'point out what is literally happen and state it loudly' non-jokes and the like. Dear-oh-dear.

Anyway! *fingers really crossed* that GB2020 can nail it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jason Reitman seems to be having fun with twitter while they’re filming in Calgary...

MZ.....tell me what stands out to you in that pic?

He also shared a shot of a rusty ecto-1 wheel and gave a neat bit of trivia: they have the original 84 restored car, another for the rust version, and a third that’s cut in half for filming interiors. Looks like there will be lots of Ecto in the movie...
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Jul-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    MZ.....tell me what stands out to you in that pic?
    Hmmm...

Is it the kid wearing Spengler-like glasses?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm...

Is it the kid wearing Spengler-like glasses?
    I knew you’d spot that, as well. Spengler’s Grandkids I’m guessing?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I knew you’d spot that, as well. Spengler’s Grandkids I’m guessing?
    That'd be a nice way to still kinda include the character, his lineage coming into it all.

Also - tales of the Ecto-1 ... man, I'd be flipping out if I was on that set!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Also - tales of the Ecto-1 ... man, I'd be flipping out if I was on that set!
    Indeed! Really wishing I was Canadian right now!

Semi-related, but Universal Studios is featuring Ghostbusters for the Halloween Horror Nights events this year. This trailer is total cheese fan service, but oh man that final shot gives me goosebumps thinking of the possibilities we’re soon to see from the new film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aosavjDnGaM

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

At last - we have a trailer!

There's always a danger with movies that have main characters who are kids - sometimes it works great (e.g. Home Alone, The Goonies), but other times it sucks. There'll be adult main characters of course (Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon), but this trailer mainly focuses on the kids. Finn Wolfhard has already proven himself in Stranger Things, so there's not really anything to worry about there, but I hope the other child characters work well and don't end up being 'annoying movie kids'.

It's odd to see Ghostbusters not in New York City, that's for sure, although seeing the dusty old Ecto-1 was lovely and how Rudd's character would have been a kid when the events of the first movie were happening.

Hopefully we'll get more info and a wider feel for the movie with a second trailer, but so far I'm cautiously optimistic...

Ireland
    Meh....
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As a massive GB fan, I was thrilled to see this trailer, but I have to say that it looks even more like a JASON Reitman film than I expected. Not that it’s a negative mark, Jason has made plenty of great films, I just expected this to go into more of a traditional GB territory. Especially after all the deep cut references(themes, font, etc) he’s included over the last year or so.

A majority of the trailer feels exactly like Jason’s early, heartfelt films. Again, that’s not a bad thing, it’s just not something I was expecting. I suppose I got the impression that he was going to mimic his father’s choices from the original films, which he clearly does in certain shots, but I didn’t really expect he’d make one of his own, self-stamped films using his father's characters, ya know?

It’s kinda strange how much Murray’s “call it luck, call it faith...” comedic line from the first movie turns into a goosebump-inducing thrill through the use of editing.

So yeah, I’m cautiously optimistic, as well. Looks like a lot of the right pieces are in play, so I look forward to what they offer. Even if it doesn’t 100% sync up with the originals, at the very least it should be a nice heart-felt coda for what happened with the guys after the early nineties...

Super Moderator

UK
    I was listening to the latest episode of SModcast earlier and Kevin Smith was interviewing Finn Wolfhard. Smith asked him about the first trailer and, as I was thinking, we're only seeing a small amount of GB2020 - there's a lot we've not seen yet. I'd imagine the next trailer will have some big reveals.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm definitely passing. Waste of time. We need more original films, dammit.

United States
    Ain’t watching the trailers but definitely will check out the movie.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They’re calling this the “mini pufts reveal”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CTgfwoa3Y

I’m not certain if it’s all shots from the film, promotional tie in footage, or a combination of both. But that score! Oh man the feels.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Apr-2021 at 01:40 PM. Reason: .