Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Total Recall (film) remake...

United States
    i'm impressed with what i've seen from the trailer thus far...though it could've used a bit more bryan cranston.

though colin farrel should stay away from too many arnold lines, because every time he says one, in the back of my mind, i'm gonna be doing my best arnold impression:

"if i'm naht mee, den who da hell am i?"

Super Moderator

UK
    Saw the trailer on YouTube yesterday ... meh ... really wasn't fussed, to be honest. Why the hell did that require a trailer for the trailer?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'm impressed with what i've seen from the trailer thus far...though it could've used a bit more bryan cranston.
    Agreed. I enjoyed the trailer but kept thinking, "Where's Cranston, where's Cranston?!?". Instead we got more of Sulu in a silly hair color....

Super Moderator

United States
    Trailer looked good to me. I don't expect it to be a great film, but I think I may well enjoy it more than the original, and I don't even like Colin Farrell, who comes across as being right between Russell Crowe and Christian Bale on the asshole scale, but not as talented as either. That said, the story is based on a film loosely based on a premise from PKD, so I'm not that upset that it's a re-do. I also think the original film version was only okay, and very hokey. Plus, the chicks will be hotter in this film (for my tastes, anyway).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Most importantly:-
    THREE BOOBS IS BACK. One of the scenes shown involved a space-hooker offering her services to Quaid (Colin Farrell of course), and opening her shirt to reveal three large boobies. The audience applauded.
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55878
    As well as that bombshell, we also saw a variety of extended fight sequences between Quaid and his (sort of) wife, played by Kate Beckinsale. There was a lot of jumping around and blocking punches and squeezing people between thighs and into walls, and smashing through windows and firing guns. In fact, it's clear that the role of the wife ("Lori") is perhaps greater than we might have thought - the fight sequences shown clearly stretched across a large part of the film, and not just one scene. Lori also exhibited a very different accent after it's revealed that she's against Quaid - perhaps almost Russian.

Another scene showed Mr Farrell watching a video message from himself, just like in the original Arnie version. We didn't get to see if he had to shove something up his nose though.

There were plenty of flying cars too, reminding me of The 5th Element, and unfortunately also taking me back to that sequence in Star Wars Episode II. Bryan Cranston popped up a few times, being awesome as usual, but looking quite different from normal too, and the role of robots was also hinted at. It seems that some robots (who look very much like the "I, Robot" variety) may be part of a bigger political conspiracy of some kind. Not quite sure what that's all about.

Having had zero expectations, and from the start having been sceptical about any project remaking one of my favourite science fiction action movies, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw - I think this could be in the Minority Report league of "serious" sci-fi action.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitcool.com
    we also saw a variety of extended fight sequences between Quaid and his (sort of) wife, played by Kate Beckinsale.
    Probably too much to hope that the fight scenes involve a spanking at any point.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Probably too much to hope that the fight scenes involve a spanking at any point.
    "Come on, baby. You know you're the girl of my dreams!"

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAvdQF7Ypo

Three boobs. Gorgeous women. Cool action. Brian Mother F*ckin Cranston. MY TICKET IS PURCHASED.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Jun-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^

Looks pretty sweet - got me more excited than the last trailer did, anyway. I'll check it out sometime ... not sure about at the cinema though...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Looks better than the original!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    @1:20 in that traile, that's Big Ben! So it's set in London?
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Didn't Arnie get a "divorce" in the first one?

Looks like they're keeping Beckinsale around for longer.

That's 1 star already lost. Another 1 star lost for hiring Farrell for a job.

Meh...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States

Still not sure what to think about this, but I might end up giving it a shot.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 13-Jul-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    AICN doesn't think much of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MzmfZAP5U

-- -------- Post added 03-Aug-2012 at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-Aug-2012 at 10:00 AM ----------

And another poor review from AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57403

Sounds like it's as average as its poster! God that's an awful poster!

-Carl Sagan