Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Still playing Custom Robo........ damn.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm almost done with Dead Space.

And the award for blandest game of the year goes to.....?

Seriously though, do these people even know what a soundtrack is?

And how many saw guns does a man need?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Guess I resurrected the wrong thread as I posted this in the one that was in the lounge...

So Im reposting here.

Picked up Kane and Lynch 2 dog days last night... It's pretty good. The improved many of the weaknesses the first one had and it still has the dark cinematic flavor of the first game.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

England
    Theme park & Cannon fodder! I got my new smartphone (HTC desire) about a month ago, and have put SNES & Megadrive emulators on it, and I'd forgotten how damned addictive those games are! the screen size is decent & the games are in really clear resolution so im enjoying going back to my childhood with these

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Theme park & Cannon fodder! I got my new smartphone (HTC desire) about a month ago, and have put SNES & Megadrive emulators on it, and I'd forgotten how damned addictive those games are! the screen size is decent & the games are in really clear resolution so im enjoying going back to my childhood with these
    Ooh, Cannon Fodder! What a kick ass game ... still got my copy for Mega Drive 2 stored away (with the console ).

Cooper - what's the cover system and hit detection like on K&L2? I've seen in reviews that the hit detection is weak and the cover system is still problematic.

Game wise, I recently did Splinter Cell: Conviction, and then I replayed Ghostbusters ... now I'm just waiting for Mafia 2 to arrive.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Aug-2010 at 09:54 AM.

United States
    I'm going to start Batman: Arkham Asylum again. Last time I played it (on PC), my save file got corrupted and I could not load it.....and I was at least half-way through the game. That was about a year ago. Now I'm ready to start over.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Playing StarCraft 2 online and having fun with protoss and zerg.

also playing through Alan Wake, again. i swear i've beaten the game like 12 times now and its still fun, its the first supernatural horror type game to do that since silent hill 2 or resident evil 3.

United States
    I played the trial of the new Lara Croft game on XBL, and it's really, really impressive. It's like Geometry Wars meets Diet Mirror's Edge, very refreshing gameplay. I'll definitely buy it when I get some more points in my account.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ooh, Cannon Fodder! What a kick ass game ... still got my copy for Mega Drive 2 stored away (with the console ).

Cooper - what's the cover system and hit detection like on K&L2? I've seen in reviews that the hit detection is weak and the cover system is still problematic.

Game wise, I recently did Splinter Cell: Conviction, and then I replayed Ghostbusters ... now I'm just waiting for Mafia 2 to arrive.
    Well the hit detection system is WAY better then the first game... The problem is not so much the system it's self but more in the actual weapon you have... The small smg's spit bullets everywhere if you hold the trigger down... Cover system is good... But the cover can be destroyed so most spots you can camp at for too long. Over all the mechanics of the game are vastly improved over the 1st.
    Among the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Guess I resurrected the wrong thread as I posted this in the one that was in the lounge...

So Im reposting here.

Picked up Kane and Lynch 2 dog days last night... It's pretty good. The improved many of the weaknesses the first one had and it still has the dark cinematic flavor of the first game.
    Just recieved it from gamefly, but i got home late last night from a ball game and let my son play it. By the time i Got home he had completed 2 levels and gotten like 6 achievements so it doesn't seem all that difficult.

However, the first thing i noticed is that, well let's just say the graphics aren't triple A caliber.

Or, as an 11 year old would put it: "Daddy, this game looks cheap."

From the mouths of babes indeed!.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I am taking a break from Heavy Rain. I am at the end of the game and know who the killer really is. Quite a shocker. I am currently playing Final Fantasy 13, since I have not beat it. I am looking forward to the new Metriod game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I am taking a break from Heavy Rain. I am at the end of the game and know who the killer really is. Quite a shocker. I am currently playing Final Fantasy 13, since I have not beat it. I am looking forward to the new Metriod game.
    Oh yes. Nintendo is coming out with a few games that I'm dying to play.

Donkey Kong Country Returns, NBA Jam ans well as the one you mentioned.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well the hit detection system is WAY better then the first game... The problem is not so much the system it's self but more in the actual weapon you have... The small smg's spit bullets everywhere if you hold the trigger down... Cover system is good... But the cover can be destroyed so most spots you can camp at for too long. Over all the mechanics of the game are vastly improved over the 1st.
    Interesting. Perhaps I'll try it out when it's cheap ... there's just too many games ahead of it on my to-do list right now.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Just recieved it from gamefly, but i got home late last night from a ball game and let my son play it. By the time i Got home he had completed 2 levels and gotten like 6 achievements so it doesn't seem all that difficult.

However, the first thing i noticed is that, well let's just say the graphics aren't triple A caliber.

Or, as an 11 year old would put it: "Daddy, this game looks cheap."

From the mouths of babes indeed!.

That might have something to do with the intentionally stylized security cam/internet stream filter they are using... I actually like the look of the game...
    Among the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That might have something to do with the intentionally stylized security cam/internet stream filter they are using... I actually like the look of the game...
    I heard about that as well. That it was supposed to make it look grittier.

Imo, i have seen no indication of that and the graphics look on par with an arcade or budget title.

Me thinks the whole cell phone camera thing is just to cover up the fact that the game looks cheap.

I saw their runing animations and the only thing i could think was "wow".

And not a good wow either.

And it's light on content as well with a seemingly short campaign. Thank god for gamefly because there's no way that should be a 60 game, imo.

If i had paid retail, I'd be pissed.