Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

England
    Flynn loves breakfast rap

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

England
    Huge LOLS here Bass.
    That was brilliant.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, great stuff!

"NO SPOILERS!!!"

Wow - just a couple of days away and it's all done - I can't wait to see the finale, but at the same time it'll be sad to see it end ... but on the other hand I'll have an excuse to go back and watch the entire run from the first episode again and look for all the things I might have missed/forgotten along the way.

England
    Hank to appear in TWD

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Hank to appear in TWD

Poor Hank...

Well - there we are - it's all over folks.

What did everyone think of the finale?

I think it did a pretty damn good job of rounding things off neatly (in Breaking Bad terms), while leaving "what's next for..." possibilities open for the surviving characters, but also having it tinged with a lot of sadness and regret, and a pleasing dose of honesty from Walt.

Kinda strange it's all wrapped up now ... what a tip top show.

Oh well ... a DVD boxset marathon looms on the horizon.

England
    Fantastically satisfying ending.
    Just about right morally

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felina_%28Breaking_Bad%29

Blimey! According to Wiki, the finale raked in 10.3 million viewers (up from last week's 6.58)! I also read that the commercial slots were $400,000 a pop.

Cool to see that people have been catching up with the show via DVD etc right up to the very end. Going out with a bang, alright!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I feel kinda sad. I've never seen anything that rivals Breaking Bad in quality on television. And now it's over. What a ride it's been.

Anyway, great episode. Pretty predicteable, except for the Schwartz part, but still great. Satisfying.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felina_%28Breaking_Bad%29

Blimey! According to Wiki, the finale raked in 10.3 million viewers (up from last week's 6.58)!

Why the f*ck would people tune in to watch an episode, the final episode, of something that they, more than likely, haven't seen the rest of? Just weird...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Why the f*ck would people tune in to watch an episode, the final episode, of something that they, more than likely, haven't seen the rest of? Just weird...
    There was no doubt some of that going on, but with the steady upswing over the final eight episodes, there seems to also have been a major case of people catching up at the last minute.

But yeah, generally speaking, last episode lookie-loos, I don't understand that whatsoever, just like folks who watch occasional episodes of a show and then complain they don't follow what's going on.

Some people be crazy, yo.

Still, it was great that it went out on such a high note. I've been listening to "Baby Blue" by Badfinger a lot in the last couple of days (the music over the final shot), and not only did it fit really well with the overall tone of the show, and the finale itself, but it's a crackin' bit of music that I might have otherwise never heard - so thumbs up to BB for introducing me to that (and a few other) great songs over the seasons.

United States
    yeah i dug my best of badfinger cd out the other night and have been rocking to baby blue an awful lot over the last few days....like with the crystal blue persuasion montage, it was hair-raising to have songs i already knew and loved used so appropriately in my all-time favorite show.

as for the ending itself, i'd say it was almost perfect. my only complaint is that walt didn't have a chance to make ammends with walt jr....but that would've almost made the finale too perfect.

so sad that the show is really over.....but it certainly went out on top, which is bittersweet yet very satisfying. my only other gripe is how spoiled i became from watching it; i can't even pretend to give half a shit about anything else on tv, even the walking dead, which i'm less enthused about now more than ever. perhaps mob city will be decent when it arrives this december...

oh and:

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 02-Oct-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I watched the finale again just now. Yeah, a great ending... I feel more at ease with it now, after a second viewing. I feel... ready to give the entire series another go.

I've only ever watched every episode once (except for the finale now) and it's been kinda spread out. So it'll be fun rewatching it all!

Ireland
    Yeh, a great series and a great ending.

I still think Jesse should have been whacked as well.

But wow

Todd was a bit of a git, wasn't he? Didn't see the execution of whatshername (Jesse's ex) coming. That was a bit vicious.

It'll be a hard show to replace/top.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Prof - yeah, if they'd had some sort of Walt/Walt Jr scene, it would have been a bit too neat.

I think that was a strong way to do it though, as they did in the show, as it's a really sad moment. Initially Walt did all this for his family, and now he's lost them, most of all his son who wished death upon him the last time they spoke. Just seeing Walt watching his son from afar, hidden behind the laundry room, was just so sad.

I read some article somewhere where a writer for some newspaper or magazine or website or something said that the finale wasn't all that because it was just 'filling in logistical gaps' to get to the end point ... I think that entirely misses the point of the episode - the finale was all about conclusion and resolution. To consider it as just a functional piece really misses an awful lot - it's jam-packed with emotion, crammed-full with payoff, and offers the viewer satisfying loose-end tie-ups, while also leaving enough to the imagination that there's possibility. The morality of the finale is also quite grey in some regards, and as Cranston said himself, the way he threatens the Schwartzes (making them believe there's a hit out on them if they don't get that near-10-million to his family) is even scarier as an action than just killing them.

I'll definitely be giving the whole show another viewing in due course. I watched seasons 2 through 5A in a few weeks, with the beginning and end on a week-by-week basis, but it'll be nice to re-do it and find various things I missed/forgot about the first time around. That'll be something nice to save for a rainy day.