Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: back to the future 1,2,3...

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah right, for a minute there I thought you meant like Marty from part 2 or something, didn't pay attention to possible context, although your description was brief, hence my confusion (not bitching, by the way )...I'm so off to go and check that out though, I've never even seen that before in the first flick.

Then off to watch the second audio commentary for Last House on the Left (been on a kick of that DVD since yesterday).

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ah right, for a minute there I thought you meant like Marty from part 2 or something, didn't pay attention to possible context, although your description was brief, hence my confusion (not bitching, by the way )...I'm so off to go and check that out though, I've never even seen that before in the first flick.

Then off to watch the second audio commentary for Last House on the Left (been on a kick of that DVD since yesterday).
    If you can't spot it, and it is kinda small, I'll post a screen cap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    During the parking lot scene when Doc tosses his pistol away if you look into the distance between Doc and his truck, you'll see a figure running by a dumpster. That's the other Marty.
    On my dvd it's at 29:32 when you can see a figure in the backround. However, i can't tell if it's marty or a bigfoot. I know that we know marty is lurking around there because we see it at the end of the movie. I think it's just something lurking around back there. There's no definitive proof from what i can see that it's him.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    On my dvd it's at 29:32 when you can see a figure in the backround. However, i can't tell if it's marty or a bigfoot. I know that we know marty is lurking around there because we see it at the end of the movie. I think it's just something lurking around back there. There's no definitive proof from what i can see that it's him.
    When I first spotted it, I thought it was a goof too, maybe an assistant running coffee for the director, but looking at how the scene is structured: the road leading directly to the dumpster, the lighting highlighting the dumpster, the figure running across the lit dumpster in a way that doesn't seem accidental. It looked like a sly way to show what would be reciprocated later in the movie. Of course it's open to interpretation. Would be cool if it was Marty #2 though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Question

When I first spotted it, I thought it was a goof too, maybe an assistant running coffee for the director, but looking at how the scene is structured: the road leading directly to the dumpster, the lighting highlighting the dumpster, the figure running across the lit dumpster in a way that doesn't seem accidental. It looked like a sly way to show what would be reciprocated later in the movie. Of course it's open to interpretation. Would be cool if it was Marty #2 though.
    I also checked the scene at the end of the movie and you're right, it seems to be lined up just right for it to be future marty.

On a totally unrelated question about the movie: I know you guys love this movie and know almost everything that there is to know about it. So here goes: When marty fixes everything between his parents in 1955 and he shows the doc the picture of him and his siblings and says" he never stood up to biff in his life", the doc replies "EVER!!" What does he mean by that? He obviously saw something in that picture that was different and i believe the differences had to do with the changes with marty's family when he got back to the future. So can anybody tell me what it is that doc noticed in the pic and was that indcative of the differences in marty's family when he got back?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I also checked the scene at the end of the movie and you're right, it seems to be lined up just right for it to be future marty.

On a totally unrelated question about the movie: I know you guys love this movie and know almost everything that there is to know about it. So here goes: When marty fixes everything between his parents in 1955 and he shows the doc the picture of him and his siblings and says" he never stood up to biff in his life", the doc replies "EVER!!" What does he mean by that? He obviously saw something in that picture that was different and i believe the differences had to do with the changes with marty's family when he got back to the future. So can anybody tell me what it is that doc noticed in the pic and was that indcative of the differences in marty's family when he got back?
    That's a good question. I think Doc just says it like that because it's his character, not because of what's in the photo. I'm pretty sure the photo is exactly the same as it was, just with Marty and his siblings again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That's a good question. I think Doc just says it like that because it's his character, not because of what's in the photo. I'm pretty sure the photo is exactly the same as it was, just with Marty and his siblings again.
    I would tend to agree with that if it was a film like gar's dead films where things aparently happen for no reason and shouldn't be read to much into. The BTTF films are different though, every event is so intricate and seems to have a purpose. I haven't seen anything yet that doesn't tie into something else or isn't used to expalin something that happened at another point in the film. It could just be what you said, but i think it's highly likely that there is some meaning to it.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Right. I think Doc was mentally contemplating the potential consequences of Marty's pop doing something he had never done before until influenced by someone from another time period. Down the line, who knows what the ramifications of that would be.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Right. I think Doc was mentally contemplating the potential consequences of Marty's pop doing something he had never done before until influenced by someone from another time period. Down the line, who knows what the ramifications of that would be.
    Boy that doc has always got those gears turning , huh? I think that just by showing up in the past one changes future events by their mere presence because they're not supposed to be there in the first place. We saw the ramifications of future marty influencing his father by the way they were living when he got back. His mother was thin and not an alcoholic. His brother wasn't a pizza delivery guy, but worked in an ofice. Biff was george's bitch and marty had the car of his dreams. Furthermore, these were the differences we noticed in just 5 minutes. Who knows what else changed. It was apparent though that the family was more affluent and much happier overall.

Christmas Island
    Boy that doc has always got those gears turning , huh? I think that just by showing up in the past one changes future events by their mere presence because they're not supposed to be there in the first place. We saw the ramifications of future marty influencing his father by the way they were living when he got back. His mother was thin and not an alcoholic. His brother wasn't a pizza delivery guy, but worked in an ofice. Biff was george's bitch and marty had the car of his dreams. Furthermore, these were the differences we noticed in just 5 minutes. Who knows what else changed. It was apparent though that the family was more affluent and much happier overall.
    Makes one wonder where Marty #2 screwed up. When he got back, Doc was dead and his family was a mess.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 16-Jul-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Makes one wonder where Marty #2 screwed up. When he got back, Doc was dead and his family was a mess.
    I think as was stated earlier in this thread that it just took a little while for the changes to take affect once he arrived in the future again. As you can see in the morning everything was fine and after he read the letter doc made sure that he had a bullet proof vest on.

Christmas Island
    I think as was stated earlier in this thread that it just took a little while for the changes to take affect once he arrived in the future again. As you can see in the morning everything was fine and after he read the letter doc made sure that he had a bullet proof vest on.
    I think both Martys switched timelines because it seems they handled things differently in the 50s. Marty #1 wound up with #2's timeline in which everything was fine or different but #2 never left a letter for Doc to read and in some way got his parents together differently than #1 handled it. When #2 returned to the future he wound up with #1's timeline.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think both Martys switched timelines because it seems they handled things differently in the 50s. Marty #1 wound up with #2's timeline in which everything was fine or different but #2 never left a letter for Doc to read and in some way got his parents together differently than #1 handled it. When #2 returned to the future he wound up with #1's timeline.
    You know we're having this good debate a bout a movie and i noticed something it has in common with most movies that we debate. It's an old film. By old i mean 20 years or more. These films just had so much substance. We could pick this movie apart till' no end the same way we do with the dead films. And get this, it was an original idea!! Imagine that.

Christmas Island
    You know we're having this good debate a bout a movie and i noticed something it has in common with most movies that we debate. It's an old film. By old i mean 20 years or more. These films just had so much substance. We could pick this movie apart till' no end the same way we do with the dead films. And get this, it was an original idea!! Imagine that.
    Yup, they put a lot more creative energy into these older flicks, story, music, effects, etc. Many also had a feel that you don't get with today's bland junk. Most of the stuff I see today I can barely remember seeing a week later.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yup, they put a lot more creative energy into these older flicks, story, music, effects, etc. Many also had a feel that you don't get with today's bland junk. Most of the stuff I see today I can barely remember seeing a week later.
    Turds aren't worth remembering my friend. But like i said earlier the movie is great so you can bet that sooner or later they'll remake it. It's a shame too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that film and by trying to recreate it they can only put out an inferior product. You can also bet that there will be unescessary explosions and gratuitous nudity to placate today's audiences.