Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 member awards

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

I'll say it... DUNE FUCKING SUCKS! I'd take The worst SyFy made for TV Sc-Fi movie over Dune anyday.
    if we are talking the lynch movie, then yes that sucks in its horrid entirety. one of the worst scifi flicks ever.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Canada
    Member with the highest concentration of funk-
    Member most in-tune with his/her feminine/masculine side-
    Member that has the largest amount of facebook friends
    Member that can recite NOTLD near perfect, by memory, and use different voices to relate to the films different character-
    HPOTD gold star of unifying honour and disability for largest amount of posts in the lounge that contain the words "Dick" and "Cheese"-

also Ned, I can't stand Star Trek...It just bothers me so much for some reason. I guess it has partly to do with the fact that my dad is a raging trekkie and would force me to watch it with him, so I could "see the light" so to speak. I do enjoy Wrath of Khan I will say...somewhat, and the new Star Trek movie is pretty damn great.

Oh, and Enterprise is pretty damn good. There, I said it. I found Enterprise hundreds of times more enjoyable than any of the other previous Star Trek series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    also Ned, I can't stand Star Trek...It just bothers me so much for some reason.
    sure it aint the whole "take over every sentient species in existence and make them follow our rules" bit?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    nothing more intimidating than a chubby dude wielding a lirpa.
    This is what happens when Shakespeare in the park & Star Trek collide...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    on another note, i'd really like to have a lirpa.
    $595+S/H & it can be yours.

http://www.starfortressproductions.com/stvulcans.html

Hardwood staff and Machined stainless steel blade with hardwood bludgeon. As seen in "Amok Time". Shipped unassembled due to size, requires minor assembly upon receipt.
    (And to think I googled this as a joke...)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    M

Oh, and Enterprise is pretty damn good. There, I said it. I found Enterprise hundreds of times more enjoyable than any of the other previous Star Trek series.
    i love enterprise. i've been into star trek my whole life and that is easily my fav of the bunch.

i just got finished re-watching the entire series with a friend of mine. yes, we are both middle aged divorced dudes with nothing better to do with our free time other than indulging our interest in cannabis and scifi.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was always more of a fan of TNG... Dunno why, but everyday between 6 & 7 on FOX I would tune in to watch, that show just worked for me, wasn't a huge fan of the first series, and after TNG went off the air I stopped being a trek fan, although I did watch some of Deep Space 9, but just couldn't get into it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    TNG and DS9 are my major favourites. I'm watching Voyager now for the first time, and it's pretty dull actually. I miss the Alpha Quadrant and all that comes with it. Klingons, Ferengi and Romulans and all that. DS9 was great, tho. The first two seasons were Meh, but after that it really skyrocketed to awesomeness.

United States
    Loved TOS, but I grew up with it, so I can't really separate my feelings there.

Loved TNG but it really took a season or so to iron out the wrinkles there & get a good groove on w/ the writing & the characters.

DS9 I wasn't fond of right away, but once they started introducing the Dominion, the Changelings, Jem Hadar & the whole war thing it REALLY took off.

Voyager likewise took a few seasons to really get going, such as it was. I liked it, but never as much as TOS or TNG, or even DS9. As Ned says, the familiar territory of the Alpha Quadrant was sorely missed.

Couldn't get into Enterprise. Wanted to, just couldn't. Just felt too much like revisionist history.

Have no interest in seeing the new movie for the same reason.

Oddly, I use to be a pretty hardcore Trekkie. Since the series(s) have been off the air though, I never watch it any more & never think about it.

Guess, like a lot of other things, I finally outgrew it.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 24-Dec-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    back to the topic at hand and after a bit of thought:

best male member: Kortick. i never fail to read a single one of his posts and he is truly unique (thank whatever gods you wish).

best female member: Chic. far and away. a different perspective on just about everything and to be honest, she is one of those members whose posts can really make me rethink a topic.

best ZFE: bassman. he has never, in all the time i've known him, failed to call me out on some of my bullshit.

best staff member: this one i will bow out on. i've know most of the staff members here for years and choosing between them is next to impossible. i'd nominate you all if i could.

favorite american: clanglee. my song parody companion and the inventor of puffy taint.

favorite brit: hellsing. his posts make me laugh like hell (esp. the ones with pics) and he is one of the most grown up and rational members around here when it comes to a debate.

wish you'd come back: all else failed. nicola, you are dearly missed.

wish they'd let you back: no one. all the fools have been banned for a reason. let them stay that way.

flyboy: acesandeights. like bassman he has never failed to challenge me on a crappy point i've made. he is another one that after reading his posts, i must smoke a bowl and consult the stars. damn you for making me think, aces.
    Last edited by Mike70; 24-Dec-2009 at 04:29 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    What's with all this Star Trek talk?

Us HPOTD folk don't half know how to go off on tangents, do we?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What's with all this Star Trek talk?
    This, my good sir, is known as the interwebz. Here you shall find a plethera of geekdom where Star Trek, Star Wars and Babylon 5 shall rule eternal...

Canada
    Clone troopers here, killing all of ur jem'hadar

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    This, my good sir, is known as the interwebz. Here you shall find a plethera of geekdom where Star Trek, Star Wars and Babylon 5 shall rule eternal...
    Hey... You forgot ZOMBIEZ too
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hey... You forgot ZOMBIEZ too
    You're going to find a zombie site if you want to discuss that cra---oh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    replace star wars with dune (the books) and that would qualify as a holy trinity.
    Last edited by Mike70; 24-Dec-2009 at 11:52 PM.