Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's bootleg, but the new trailer has leaked and it gives you a decent idea of what the film looks like....http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q2NY5HCA
    Ooh, that little bit of the soundtrack/theme that kicks in at the end always gives me a chill.

Naturally, this is going to be one of the most anticipated flicks of 2012 for me!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ooh, that little bit of the soundtrack/theme that kicks in at the end always gives me a chill.

Naturally, this is going to be one of the most anticipated flicks of 2012 for me!
    A lot of people are going to be expecting a super lot from this flick!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A lot of people are going to be expecting a super lot from this flick!
    And that's always a worry, isn't it?

I was really anticipating Iron Man 2 but then it turned out to be a bit of a mess ... that said, Nolan's Batman films are decidedly superior to the Iron Man franchise ... don't get me wrong, Iron Man rocked a shedload, but it wasn't on the same level as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. I just hope that Nolan continues to exhibit the magic touch - however I have complete faith in the man - I think it's down to the audience members now. It's down to them to manage their excitement, as the final product can then never deliver quite the thrill of the anticipation ... so you get a bit of a let down feeling upon first viewing ... however, upon second viewing you get to see it on it's own terms (as should have been the case initially) and then you really get the true measure of the flick.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A decent bootleg of the prologue and sizzle reel, if interested. The quality improves quite well after a minute or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5c3i3CY4U

If you wish to avoid the prologue, I still highly recommend the sizzle reel that starts at 5:51. Not even close to the same impact as seeing it in IMAX, but its still great to see again.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Dec-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Wow. Thx a lot

Looking great. ( Bit of a 007 vibe to that Bane in the plane scene ) Nolan would make a fantastic Bond film I think.
    But yeah, Bane is pretty much incomprehensible.

Super Moderator

UK
    Annnnd it's been taken down.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Annnnd it's been taken down.
    Well....it's "out there". With a quick search, you're sure to find a decent copy. Hell....just hit the imdb boards every now and then and it's guaranteed. I was surprised to see the one I posted lasted as long as it did. WB needs to smarten up and just release the trailer now rather than waiting until after the Sherlock Holmes opening weekend. Anyone that wanted to see the trailer(or prologue, for that matter) has already done so in bootleg form. It's not like they're making money by holding off till Sunday/Monday....
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Dec-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Well....it's "out there". With a quick search, you're sure to find a decent copy. Hell....just hit the imdb boards every now and then and it's guaranteed. I was surprised to see the one I posted lasted as long as it did. WB needs to smarten up and just release the trailer now rather than waiting until after the Sherlock Holmes opening weekend. Anyone that wanted to see the trailer(or prologue, for that matter) has already done so in bootleg form. It's not like they're making money by holding off till Sunday/Monday....
    Although they probably want to treat it like they're doing because it adds an extra air of mystery and even an illicit thrill. The fans are chomping at the bit for it, so if they keep playing this little game of taking down bootleg videos every few hours, it becomes like a chase and catching a grubby glimpse at a very rough bootleg becomes a thrill.

But I do look forward to seeing the footage in its proper form.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Dec-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks for the heads up, Bass! Been looking forward to this and I'll check it out tonight when I get home.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    dunno, that trailer left me feeling kinda "meh" about this film at the moment. and folks weren't kidding when they said you can barely understand bane....all i got from his line in the trailer was "kflkdakdsjdfkjflkajoei gotham kfjaslfdoijasoidfjod die."

will still probably see it and it will likely be awesome, but i have nowhere near the level of interest in this film as i did in the previous one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die". I was actually able to understand him more in the trailer than I did in the theater for the prologue. And he has much more dialogue in the prologue. Hopefully this will all be improved upon in post production.

Super Moderator

UK
    I understood Bane's line ... mostly ... but I think they could use a little tweaking in the final mix before the movie goes out, otherwise that's all anyone will ever talk about.

I'm really up for the movie, but that trailer didn't give me the fanboy chills I was expecting ... the chanting is still good, but yeah, the trailer for The Dark Knight got me all kinds of psyched, but I think this trailer for TDKR needs work ... maybe they should get another company to cut a new trailer? Just look at Fincher's movies - the trailers are now becoming something to really look forward to in their own right (The Social Network with the choral version of "Creep", and that awesomely driving teaser for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo).

So yeah - Warner Brothers need to find a better trailer for TDKR methinks. I mean heck, yes they could just scribble "The Dark Knight Rises is out on [INSERT DATE] so go and see it please" and I'd be there with bells on, but the trailer is really just servicable rather than memorable now that I've seen it a couple more times.

Administrator

England
    I understood Bane's line ... mostly ...
    Me too...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm really up for the movie, but that trailer didn't give me the fanboy chills I was expecting ... the chanting is still good, but yeah, the trailer for The Dark Knight got me all kinds of psyched, but I think this trailer for TDKR needs work ... maybe they should get another company to cut a new trailer?
    While I'm still super excited to see this movie, I would have to agree. It may have a lot to do with The Joker being in the previous film. He was such an iconic character and everyone was so excited to see how he would be portrayed, it probably added an extra bit of excitement to the mix. EVERYONE knows who The Joker is. Bane, however, is a fairly new character to the world of Batman and Catwoman isn't featured AT ALL in this trailer. So the general audience with a lack of knowledge for the source material are probably looking at this new trailer and saying "Who are these people?!? Where's the Riddler?!? Where's the Penguin?!?".

It probably would have helped a lot if they had shown Catwoman once or twice rather than Selina Kyle, but I imagine the final trailer will have much more for her.