Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman reboot is go...

Undisclosed
    Trailers are pretty underwhelming. I still like the character enough to probably see it on the silver screen though...
    This is probably the first time ever that I think the official free-roaming (hurray!) videogame looks more exciting than the actual film.

Administrator

England
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AwVWvjQhY

Terrified to see The Asylum's C. Thomas Howell in the clip! Hope he had a good shower to ensure none of The Asylum's stink has infected this production!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    The more I see of it, the less excited I am.

These trailers also feel so action oriented that there almost seems no actual room for any story. It'll run for a maximum of 2 and a half hours, and all that stuff happens? So many different action scenes seem to exist here - and transformers proved that's not a good thing, as it strangles any point of watching it.

Just an assumption I guess, it could still be very good...but no way in hell I'm paying to watch this!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Fairly mediocre review - http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2012/0...he-motions.php

I think I wil actually be skipping this flick!

On one hand, The Amazing Spider-Man certainly delivers the minimum required of its expensive genre, and those who just want another fix of super hero action with a bit of heart will probably have a good time with it. But, it's never at all jaw-dropping, stunning or even particularly exciting. It's the type of film that's not painful to watch and equally easy to shrug off -- probably not worth any serious vehemence or scorn. And yet, after I walked out of the Paris premiere, there was this part of me that just wanted to scream: As if the idea of re-booting a franchise that wrapped five years ago wasn't cynical and unnecessary enough, you then drop $215 million plus on this mediocre waste of time that offers nothing new and fails to measure up to its predecessor in almost every way?? HOW DESPERATE DO YOU THINK WE ALL ARE!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Fairly mediocre review - http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2012/0...he-motions.php

I think I wil actually be skipping this flick!
    In the parlance of Neil - "oh dear!"

I was starting to warm up to this flick a bit, but I still wasn't going to see it in the cinema - Sky Movies, yes, cinema, no.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    The more I see of it, the less excited I am.

These trailers also feel so action oriented that there almost seems no actual room for any story. It'll run for a maximum of 2 and a half hours, and all that stuff happens? So many different action scenes seem to exist here - and transformers proved that's not a good thing, as it strangles any point of watching it.

Just an assumption I guess, it could still be very good...but no way in hell I'm paying to watch this!
    I don't exactly know why this looks like such a deadly film (in terms of watchability ) and it's not that I'm such a Sam Rami loyalist. I liked the first two of his Spidey series - but thought the last was pretty weak. I considered for a minute it's just my age showing, but from your comments it does seem to be more action and less character driven. Then again I've been seriously missing out on movies this past several months - too wrapped up in a few projects of my own probably.

Way Zim

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The Avengers was such a great film, but other than that (and the new Dark Knight) I feel pretty comic-book-out'd. I'm not gonna see this one at the theather. I'd probably have gone and seen a Spidey 4 with Raimi, tho. But this? Seems too... meh. What's the point.

I'll eventually catch it on TV or blu-ray, but that's it.

I'm also kinda hoping for a real lackluster box office, because I just want the studios to realize that this shit doesn't fly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm also kinda hoping for a real lackluster box office, because I just want the studios to realize that this shit doesn't fly.
    I've officially announced to friends that if this movie makes any profit I am turning atheist, as if there is a Supreme Being they will not allow that to happen. The more I smell the odor wafting from this turd the more it stinks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I've officially announced to friends that if this movie makes any profit I am turning atheist, as if there is a Supreme Being they will not allow that to happen. The more I smell the odor wafting from this turd the more it stinks.
    Of course it's going to turn a profit!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course it's going to turn a profit!
    Unfortunatly, in this vapid, idiotic, brain dead world poplated by talking monkeys you're probably right.

United States
    Huh. . we disagree on something Moon. (Queue earth shattering explosion and the lamentation of the women) I'm actually quite looking foward to this one. I loved Raimmi's first 2, but I never really bought Toby as Peter Parker. I agree that a reboot so soon after the last series is daft as all hell, but I'm interested on seeing a new take on the story. And just judging from the previews, I'm already happy that they are actually adding in that core Spidey characteristic that was missing from Raimi's films. . . .Witty Banter. Spidey has the best witty banter of them all. . .aside from maybe Deadpool. . .and the fact that that is actually in there already gives me hope.

It could suck of course. . . .but I hope not.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Ok, sue me, I saw it. I could go on and on about this film, but all I'm gonna say is:

Was that is? They do a re-boot, but it's not all that different. I mean, even the special effects aren't that much better than the 2002 one. And the character rooster is such a lackluster. There's nothing in here that can compare to the villainy of Willem Defoe's Green Goblin or the rapid business man comic relief of J.K. Simmons' Jonah Jameson.

Now was Tobey McGuire THE greatest spider man? No, he wasn't. But he was good. Is this new guy, Garfield THE greatest spider-man? No, still no. He's good as well. But we had GOOD already. What's the point in remaking something GOOD that's only 10 years old if you're not gonna slam dunk us with something that makes us shit bricks of awesome diamonds?

This film's most glaring problem is that as far as modern superhero films go, it's hopelessly mediocre. And it's missing much of the charm that made the Sam Raimi spider-man films such a blast to see in the cinemas. Literally. I've seen all the four spider-man films in the cinema, and this one is without a doubt the most mediocre... And in this particular case, mediocre becomes bad. Because the original spider-man is still fresh in everyone's memory.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 09-Jul-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edi

United States
    Well, I done did seened it.
    I did like it. At the moment I'm still semi partial to the last guy, but I might be able to warm up more to this guy in the next movie we all surely know is coming.
    I agree that the parts where he's swinging through the city are nothing new. But then again, how much more can you really improve on that?
    Btw, Martin Sheen was giving me a seriously creepy vibe with that curly gray 'do and those chompers he was wearing. Was it just me?
    I'm giving it a 90%, teetering on the line between an A and a B. It wasn't perfect, but time seemed to go by fast. I probably checked the time maybe twice. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes next. Wasn't exactly sure what I saw in the coda either. Any theories?

United States
    I enjoyed it as well. I think I liked it even more than Raimi's spidey 2, which is one of my favorite superhero movies of all time really. I think Raimi's movies had a much better costume. . .and of course it had J Jonah Jamison, but I think I liked everything else better in this movie. Especially Peter Parker. . .definitely liked this guy better than screwface Macguire.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    ^^ Better than Spiderman 2? Wow!

I still blub at the train stopping scene in that flick
    -Carl Sagan