Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How would average Americans respond to zombies?

United States
    fortunately my mother is too inept to use a gun, mace, or a taser she'd only end up hurting herself lol...

and similarly the devils right hand man is dying a slow painful death... that's what'cha get for messin with the jacksons
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    fortunately my mother is too inept to use a gun, mace, or a taser she'd only end up hurting herself lol...

and similarly the devils right hand man is dying a slow painful death... that's what'cha get for messin with the jacksons
    BTW: A little off topic and personal, but you should seriously think about getting your mother a restraining order from the court if you have not yet done so. I had a family member who suffered from Paranoid Schizophrenia, at it once got so bad and dangerous for the family that we had to resort to a restraining order and once that was violated we had to have him arrested. He eventually got some help and was prescribed meds, so it had a happy ending, but I know how difficult living with this sort of thing is.

Almost as good as a gun -- and in many ways superior --- is a nice big protective dog for your mom. A German Shepard or a Rottweiler comes to mind (I shy away from Pitts as being too unpredictable, but a Boxer is a nice exception) but really any loyal dog, even a mutt, is fantastic protection and a great companion too! If you can, get a puppy. They are wicked cute and lovable, and bonding will be quick and easy. Dogs are the only companions that will truly love you unconditionally, and will willingly die for you if need be.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    thanks for the tip but she actually had a restraining order on him when he tried to break in... she got it after taking him to the emergency room because he had possible symptoms of a heart attack... which was where they discovered the brain tumor he had and it was so severe he had to have emergency surgery... couple that with the house burning down a week before and when he was released from the hospital he went after her and she fled to her car where he bashed in the car window etc... she managed to escape without harm but I mean from my experience on it its just paper... at the time she was attacked she had a large Akita with a tremendous appetite for anyone who she didn't like but the flaw is... if someone wants to get you they'll kill your dog... (discovered that first hand btw)

he has no hope at finding her because i'm the one person who knows where she lives and frankly you could torture me and i'd never tell... she should be concerned about whether my dad ever finds her but he'd be hard pressed to because i'm big on paper shredders and not trusting anyone who I meet and keeping any documents in a safe deposit box... unfortunately if you want to live a life of safety you have to go to extreme measures and realize that there's no real way to protect yourself ...a home alarm merely notifies you of a problem... a dog is the first thing that will be killed to get to you... a gun can't be carried and aimed at everyone who could be out to get you... a bodyguard can't be trusted because there's always someone who could pay them even more than you do to look the other way...

i meant what i said in another post... i trust no one... my life has been such that i can't afford to ...but thats okay i enjoy my life despite all
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

United States
    thanks for the tip but she actually had a restraining order on him when he tried to break in... she got it after taking him to the emergency room because he had possible symptoms of a heart attack... which was where they discovered the brain tumor he had and it was so severe he had to have emergency surgery... couple that with the house burning down a week before and when he was released from the hospital he went after her and she fled to her car where he bashed in the car window etc... she managed to escape without harm but I mean from my experience on it its just paper... at the time she was attacked she had a large Akita with a tremendous appetite for anyone who she didn't like but the flaw is... if someone wants to get you they'll kill your dog... (discovered that first hand btw)

he has no hope at finding her because i'm the one person who knows where she lives and frankly you could torture me and i'd never tell... she should be concerned about whether my dad ever finds her but he'd be hard pressed to because i'm big on paper shredders and not trusting anyone who I meet and keeping any documents in a safe deposit box... unfortunately if you want to live a life of safety you have to go to extreme measures and realize that there's no real way to protect yourself ...a home alarm merely notifies you of a problem... a dog is the first thing that will be killed to get to you... a gun can't be carried and aimed at everyone who could be out to get you... a bodyguard can't be trusted because there's always someone who could pay them even more than you do to look the other way...

i meant what i said in another post... i trust no one... my life has been such that i can't afford to ...but thats okay i enjoy my life despite all
    Sorry to hear about all the trouble, and especially sorry about your mom having to hide and the dog being killed. You have a difficult situation, and it is sad that it has affected the way you relate with people, but completely understandable.

Yes, it is true that if someone is really determined to get you then no protective measure will guarantee your safety (I mean, if they can't even protect the president from someone like Hinkely, then who is really safe, right?) but a fatalistic attitude towards it all doesn't do you or your loved ones any good, any more than making your life unpleasant. You must be one tough girl, since it seems that apart from your unwillingness to trust folks (and who could blame you) you seem to be dealing with it OK.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 19-Jul-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is that kind of life worth living. Life is all about love and making connections with people. Without that, what's the use. You're just an empty shell waiting to die. I equate it to their situation in dawn. They had all the wordly goods they could possibly want and were very comfortable. But there was still something missing. They were't really living, they were just existing. I'm not disparaging you or anything and no offesne but you have to do some serious introspection.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    my life is worth living... jeezus what'cha trying to make me suicidal... I have acquaintance friends I enjoy spending time with but I just dont talk about my personal life with them... or if I do I speak of it superficially and dont divulge what needs to be left private... gosh... and its not like even way back when life was perfect I spoke of anything within my family anyway... And I do trust someone that being my boyfriend though a little less everyday now that I think he's cheating on me but hey... c'est la vie... I live more than most people just because I dont have that closeness with people doesn't make my life bad... in a few years I plan to adopt and right now i'm in the midst of buying a restaurant to run in the summer... while I can't trust people because of my family or past that's no big woo... People trust me and i'm there for 'em that makes me just plum happy...

United States
    my life is worth living... jeezus what'cha trying to make me suicidal... I have acquaintance friends I enjoy spending time with but I just dont talk about my personal life with them... or if I do I speak of it superficially and dont divulge what needs to be left private... gosh... and its not like even way back when life was perfect I spoke of anything within my family anyway... And I do trust someone that being my boyfriend though a little less everyday now that I think he's cheating on me but hey... c'est la vie... I live more than most people just because I dont have that closeness with people doesn't make my life bad... in a few years I plan to adopt and right now i'm in the midst of buying a restaurant to run in the summer... while I can't trust people because of my family or past that's no big woo... People trust me and i'm there for 'em that makes me just plum happy...
    No worries, I don't think you are a candidate for a lockdown. I think that people can get the wrong impression by your statements (that you don't trust anyone, etc,) but you seem balanced to me to be certain. With what you are going through with your stepdad and mom, I can understand why there would be a reluctance to share this info with your "friends" (why would they need to know anyways?) I think people here at the boards who correspond with you on a regular basis think of you in some way as a friend and they don't want anyone they consider to be their friend to be unhappy or self-inflict misery. Comments made in this vein I am certain are made in the spirit of friendship, whether you welcome the comments or their friendship or not.

United States
    i like to think of everyone here as a frienemy lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    my life is worth living... jeezus what'cha trying to make me suicidal..
    No i'm just trying to help you as hard as that may be for you to believe. But in the end a person has to help themselves.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"