Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Rodriguez rebooting Predator?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You're right. I remember seeing something about her dating the female Terminator from T3....
    I've heard the rumors as well. Where there's smoke...

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's 2010 for christ's sake. It's a shame that people still have to hide their sexual orientation for fear of retaliation or their career going down the drain.

People will love you regardless but you have to own it. Just look at Ellen. Doesn't seem to be affecting her much at all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    I've always found it funny how predators seem to enjoy hunting humans for some reason, even though all the films seem to paint us in a very poor light compared to the predator. I mean hell, they only rip apart dozens of people like nothing, and have no problem dismembering fully conditioned adult men.

Maybe they just use us as a warm up for the actual hunt, and consider hunting people as vacation of sorts.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well....according to the script that was leaked online, the predators have kidnapped and dropped these people on their planet in order to study them as well as hunt them. After Dutch killed the predator in the original film(predators takes place after the first film - Ignoring Predator 2 and the AVP flicks) the others are now curious as to what makes these fragile humans have the will to fight and in Dutch's case, win.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well....according to the script that was leaked online, the predators have kidnapped and dropped these people on their planet in order to study them as well as hunt them. After Dutch killed the predator in the original film(predators takes place after the first film - Ignoring Predator 2 and the AVP flicks) the others are now curious as to what makes these fragile humans have the will to fight and in Dutch's case, win.

Isn't it interesting how all these recent reboots are disowning several installments at a time of their respective franchises.

That's sort of a slap in the face to anyone who has spent money on those films as kinda saying "these movies were crap. Thnx for the money though."

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    well predator 1 and 2 were good films, aliens vs predator not so much, and the majority of the comics are shit as well. Dude, Batman vs Predator? Superman vs Predator? Let us not forget the predator vs terminators either.

I am looking foreword to this film, and I hope that it breaks away from the incredible amount of trite and downright shit that has more or less been the majority of the "vs" media.

I would like to see an alien vs predator film that was good though..that is pretty much the only vs pairing I can stand, and it could be downright amazing if handled correctly.

Super Moderator

United States
    Best thing about this thread?

I have that awesome score from the first Predator film stuck in my head.

And I don't mind it one bit!
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 15-Mar-2010 at 08:32 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    predator really is a manly movie. Think I may go watch it while I do some one armed hand stand push ups, drink beer, and flex and grunt in front of a mirror.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Best this about this thread?

I have that awesome score from the first Predator film stuck in my head.

And I don't mind it one bit!

sometimes have that music in my head when I go paintballing, while heavily supressing the urge to shout "Ruuuuuuuuuun, get to da choppaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"

Super Moderator

UK
    That sounds like a pretty cool idea for the plot, wasn't aware of it until now, so ta for the synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Isn't it interesting how all these recent reboots are disowning several installments at a time of their respective franchises.

That's sort of a slap in the face to anyone who has spent money on those films as kinda saying "these movies were crap. Thnx for the money though."

Well, AvP 1 & 2 were both really pish. Predator 2 is a good movie, I think, and I'm quite fond of it ... the first kicks its ass, no doubt, but Predator 2 is a kick ass action flick. Considering the plot of this movie though, it makes sense that Predator 2 is ignored, as upon discovering a new species to hunt, they'd want to understand their prey ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

sometimes have that music in my head when I go paintballing, while heavily supressing the urge to shout "Ruuuuuuuuuun, get to da choppaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"
    That's one of my all-time favourite movie quotes EVER. It's hilarious on internet memes, it's hilarious just saying it to yourself, and it's awesome in the movie.

Also, I know what you mean about paintballing and having movie music in your head ... I kept thinking of Adagio For Strings when I first went paintballing.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That sounds like a pretty cool idea for the plot, wasn't aware of it until now...
    Do you think so? I was a little worried it'd be taking the film series too far. Modern day warriors whisked off to an intergalactic zoo to be hunted down by Preds and their CGI bio-engineered pooches? Sounds like something I've read about in a lot of comics and seen on some Saturday morning cartoons back in the day.

I'm not saying it won't work, but the premise really makes me think the writing, production and acting will have to be bang on for it to come off as enjoyable without going OTT.

Then again, this could be a nice change of pace. Predator was grounded in the grittiness of a real world jungle, but yet otherworldly in it's exotic setting and Predator 2 was good fun amongst a not too distant future, grounded, but surreal in it's own way. This could be a nice enough change of pace to rekindle the magic, if handled well.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Also, I know what you mean about paintballing and having movie music in your head ... I kept thinking of Adagio For Strings when I first went paintballing.
    I had a game quote in my head when I went yesterday, I was up on a high vantage point with a great view of any of the opposite team trying to get up the flanks, and all I could think of was the game "company of heroes" when the german officr says "we'll view the battlefield with the eye of an eagle!", seemed funny to me at the time repeating it in my head!

Anyway as you were saying, Predator 2 is definitely a good film! I remember when it came out not many people really liked it that much (i was still too young to watch it at the time), but considering the absolute gash that poses for sequels to most franchises, Predator 2 is actually a decent film & definitely watchable!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, AvP 1 & 2 were both really pish. Predator 2 is a good movie, I think, and I'm quite fond of it ... the first kicks its ass, no doubt, but Predator 2 is a kick ass action flick. Considering the plot of this movie though, it makes sense that Predator 2 is ignored, as upon discovering a new species to hunt, they'd want to understand their prey ASAP.

I have a couple of problems with that.

First off, in Predator 2 that could very well been what they might have been doing, studying humans in their Natural Habitat. I agree that the second was a good film as well, so I'm kinda bothered by the fact that they are writing it off. It's sorta like what they're doing with superman 2. Great film ( Kneel before Zod!! Fucking legendary mate !) yet they are choosing to disown it.

2nd, I have no proof but you would think that for an alien race as advanced as this it wouldn't be the first time they visited earth. In the 1st AVP at the ruins it suggested their arrival here predated modern history.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    2nd, I have no proof but you would think that for an alien race as advanced as this it wouldn't be the first time they visited earth. In the 1st AVP at the ruins it suggested their arrival here predated modern history.

True, but it kind of looks like they may be Highlander2ing the AVP movies a bit, at least for the purpose of the Predators film.

Super Moderator

UK
    Modern day warriors
    Adrien Brody and Lawrence Fishburne ... warriors?

I thought the point here was that they're not warriors, or not all warriors anyway. In other words, not going up against a Schwarzenegger, but more 'normal' specimens of mankind as-it-were.

Northern Ireland
    Adrien Brody and Lawrence Fishburne ... warriors?

I thought the point here was that they're not warriors, or not all warriors anyway. In other words, not going up against a Schwarzenegger, but more 'normal' specimens of mankind as-it-were.
    You be careful about what you say about Furious Styles!