View Poll Results: What did you think of Survival of the Dead?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it.

19 13.01%
  • Liked It.

53 36.30%
  • Meh, neither here nor there.

25 17.12%
  • Disappointed.

29 19.86%
  • Hated it.

20 13.70%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you who **have seen** Survival of the Dead - - - opinion poll!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Well, I also just want to see this movie the way it was meant to be seen. On the Sci-fi channel. Military chick + jillinoff = Sci-fi channel. You all know its true.
    If you go back to my old posts I've been saying that for years.

Land of the dead, survival and diarhea( ) are of the quality of something the sy-fy channel regularly shows.

Put it like this. If you had no idea who made them and someone showed you those films and told you they were sy fy originals you'd be like: "yeah, that sounds about right."

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ehhh...Diary and Survival maybe, but Land doesn't seem very syfy-ish to me. Clark's acting is on par with syfy actors, but the movie as a whole doesn't fit the bill, imo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Are you Mad!?!

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

LOTD screams sy fy.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe your opinion of the film has something to do with it? Like it or hate it, I just can't see it as a syfy flick. Something along the lines of the Resident Evil films are syfy material. Land has it's bad moments, there's no denying that, but it's not near as bad as Mega Shark vs Octopus or whatever other crap comes on that channel...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Land has it's bad moments, there's no denying that, but it's not near as bad as Mega Shark vs Octopus or whatever other crap comes on that channel...
    Now that we can agree on.

United States
    I have to agree with Bassman. Land is well above a Sci-cry movie. For all my griping about Land it did feel big-budget and big-theater movie-ish to me.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Well, I also just want to see this movie the way it was meant to be seen. On the Sci-fi channel. Military chick + jillinoff = Sci-fi channel. You all know its true.
    I agree with you for the most part. . . it had that feel. I think the High def adds to that sensation as well. But I found Survival to be a lot more cinematic than Diary.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. . . it had that feel. I think the High def adds to that sensation as well. But I found Survival to be a lot more cinematic than Diary.
    Yeah, Survival had some really nice outdoor cinematography and decent sets that helped it look bigger budget than it really was. I think the dialogue and acting - while not bad, per se - were very "genre" and nudged it towards B-movie territory. But I've kind of accepted that about the more recent films in the series and can enjoy them both in spite of and because of it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    . I think the dialogue and acting - while not bad, per se - were very "genre" and nudged it towards B-movie territory.
    I must say, after seeing the film twice, the dialogue is especially crap. Every line is either a pun or someone repeating a different character's line for dramatic effect. For example, when the lesbo catches O'Flynn as he jumps to the Ferry she goes, "You're lucky I'm me." Later, when O'Flynn tries to save the same lesbo from the hands of the Muldoons, he turns and says to her, "You're lucky I'm me." This happens no less than 6 or 7 times in the film. The script is just plain lazy. On the acting front, only Van Sprang makes a fool of himself. His freak out scenes are laughable, especially when Kenny gets shot. Old hands, Kenneth Walsh and Richard Fitzpatrick, really elevate the material and both have great juicy roles similar to Kaufman or Captain Rhodes.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ChokeOnEm View Post
    On the acting front, only Van Sprang makes a fool of himself. His freak out scenes are laughable, especially when Kenny gets shot.
    Totally, that was really sub par....he did alright until he had to show emotion...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Totally, that was really sub par....he did alright until he had to show emotion...
    I think he did a good job ... except for the Kenny scene.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Having finally watched 'Zombieland' over the weekend, Romero's latest may be due for a reappraisal. I heard ALOT of good things, but what I saw was a generic coming-of-age tale awkwardly shoehorned into a zombie film, not to mention some of the most painfully forced hip dialogue this side of Diablo Cody ("spitfuck", "nut up or shut up"). What little plot there is, mostly consists of post-production gimmicks like the on-screen rules, Family Guy type cutaway gags, and Tarantino-esque slo-mo montages featuring retro music. And for the last time, I get it - Woody Harrelson's character sure does love twinkies. Ha..ha..ha?
    Glad other horror fans found this to be a breath of fresh air.

United States
    Having finally watched 'Zombieland' over the weekend, Romero's latest may be due for a reappraisal. I heard ALOT of good things, but what I saw was a generic coming-of-age tale awkwardly shoehorned into a zombie film, not to mention some of the most painfully forced hip dialogue this side of Diablo Cody ("spitfuck", "nut up or shut up"). What little plot there is, mostly consists of post-production gimmicks like the on-screen rules, Family Guy type cutaway gags, and Tarantino-esque slo-mo montages featuring retro music. And for the last time, I get it - Woody Harrelson's character sure does love twinkies. Ha..ha..ha?
    Glad other horror fans found this to be a breath of fresh air.
    IMO the main difference is Zombieland was intentionally written to be funny where as Survival....well, not so much.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    IMO the main difference is Zombieland was intentionally written to be funny where as Survival....well, not so much.
    I dunno...there's some broad Looney Tunes moments in 'Survival', as well as some typical Romero black humor. 'Survival' at least offers some solid B-movie thrills. 'Zombieland' strains waaay to hard to be offbeat and irreverent. Can't say that I really liked either movie. Haven't seen a truly GREAT zombie flick since "28 Weeks Later".

United States
    Can't say that I really liked either movie. Haven't seen a truly GREAT zombie flick since "28 Weeks Later".
    You might want to take shelter on these forums if you classify 28 Weeks Later as a zombie movie.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 12-Jul-2010 at 02:59 AM.