Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New tidbit about the Day vs. Land timeline discussion

United States
    I'm dumbfounded that the characters would still be having a discussion on why fireworks are called sky flowers. Couldn't they have already taken care of this conversation a long time before the movie took place, if it really was three years in? That and Charlie's constant references to his appearance should have worn off by then, that is the type of stuff you'd be doing the first few months behind a fence. I understand some of this dialogue was written into the script for the benefit of the audience but it makes you think they had just gotten there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    No, look for yourself.
    If that is the way it is, then it is not altering the timeline at all, it simply is the timeline. Remember the Chuck Norris movie, Missing in Action? The sequel, Missing in Action Part II was a prequel, the events in Part II happened before the events in Part I, even though it was filmed after the first. Same with the Star Wars series, part 4,5 and 6 were filmed over a decade before 1, 2 and 3. Just because they were filmed in a certain order doesnt mean they are in that order within the timeline.
    I would definitely agree with you on that point but in the movies you mention they make well known the fact that they are prequels. Even if they didn't expressly mention it there are usually telltale signs that the film we are currently viewing happened before the others.( the texas chainsaw masacre: the beginning is a good example of this.) In NOTLD it is specifically said that the plauge had started 2 days prior. In Dawn it's ecplicitly stated in the beginning that "this has been the situation for 3 weeks.) Now whether deliberately or not an specific timeline is never mentioned in either day or land. All we are doing here is speculating. We can analyze little phrases here or there, but the bottom line is that their meanings are ambiguous and can be interpreted a number of different ways.
    Last edited by darth los; 05-Aug-2007 at 04:41 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States

The sequence of events...

Deadman Deluxe has it straight.
    Most of us realize this resurrected thread from june of '06 is a zed unto itself .
    Or maybe , Land is a different take on living after the problem started?
    As Diary appears to be a different take on the outbreaks beginning?
    This indeed, Bassman, is a carcass of greyish rotted mass.
    Not going linear is a way to introduce new plot lines, ways of survival & you can utilize contemporary weapons and tactical defense operations.

I like that.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    I thought Asia's character said she's never been out of the city. That would set the movie around 20 yrs after the outbreak. Well, depending on how you take that comment. Plus, do zombies continue to rot or is there some kind of undead metabolism.
    She said she had never been out of the city since......

Since the outbreak, I would assume.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it was pretty well established by that point that they continue to rot. However at what rate was only theorized upon, most notably by doctor logan, who put it a t 10-12 years at the latest at which they would still be mobile.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"