Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Tell me this. Was he a better first time film director than Rob Zombie? I think he was, and I like House of 1000 Corpses.
    I prefer Rob's first time as a director. It's all about taste I guess.

Undisclosed
    the dawn "remake" was a good film. some people here trash it because it stole the name, but you can't compare the two. they are two COMPLETELY different films. it's that simple. yes it stole the name, but no wonder - it's a cool f*cking name. just enjoy it for what it is. a fun, cool film. enjoy the original for what it is - a work of modern art, with engaging themes and subtexts.

and for the record, in fifteen years, land of the dead will be a classic.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkboy
    A Megaforce Sequel would not be asking too much however...
    Could they keep the "Thumb Kiss"?
    Megaforce is one of my favorite Cheese Flicks EVER!
    Barry Bostwick in gold tights, man....*picks nose*....that creeps me out.
    Who would you get to play the role of Ace Hunter if remade? Hmmmm, maybe get both Brad Pitt AND Angelina Jolie to play dual leads; one as Ace and one as Hunter?
    Please, if Hollywood is reading this, someone shoot me!!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    I have to say that the shots used didn't stand out to me, all the stood out was that *surprise surprise* they go all Private Ryan with the cinematography towards the end, I HATE that sh*t, it's used everywhere. *grrr*

Undisclosed
    A Day Remake would be nice and not that day 2 crap. That was garbage.
    I've selected a knit stocking cap, black and gold, with a Steeler emblem on the side. Is it okay if I put some spaghetti sauce on it? - George A. Romero

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Tell me this. Was he a better first time film director than Rob Zombie? I think he was, and I like House of 1000 Corpses.

I think Zack was way better than Rob Zombie. He still is better than Rob Zombie. Although I will give credit where credit is due, Rob did a fine job on his second outting as director.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I have to say that the shots used didn't stand out to me, all the stood out was that *surprise surprise* they go all Private Ryan with the cinematography towards the end, I HATE that sh*t, it's used everywhere. *grrr*
    I take it you don't like Chaotic filmmaking. I think it worked effectively, but you have to have a taste for it.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 09-May-2006 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    I like chaotic filmmaking, but that private ryan look used (shutter speed or something) is used EVERYWHERE, once it was special and a cool technique, now it's just reused and reused and reused *sigh*.

Chaotic filmmaking can be achieved without resorting to using that gimmick. E.G. when the chick escapes from the motel in Devil's Rejects, sling a camera over your shoulder and barge it, cut in some other angles, use your music effectively, build the tension up beforehand and bingo. Chaos. That's my take on it, I've just seen that private ryan thing far too much since it came out 8 years ago.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually in DAWN04, they just used an 8mm camera. SPR used an 8mm camera. When you shoot 8mm and blow it up to 35, plus doing it handheld will give it that chaotic look.

Now a days you don't have to mess with Shutter Speed anymore. About 90% of all films made are done on NLE's and all most all NLE's have a plug in for Shutter Speed settings. It is a very cool tool when editing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.tagworld.com/-/World/TwPlayer.swf" /> <param name="FlashVars" value="videoURL=promotions/snakesonaplane.flv&autoPlay=false&author=snakesona plane&guid=1" /> <embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.tagworld.com/-/World/TwPlayer.swf" flashvars="videoURL=promotions/snakesonaplane.flv&autoPlay=false&author=snakesona plane&guid=1" quality="high" width="425" height="350" name="sampleplayer2" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /> <br><a href="http://www.tagworld.com/snakesonaplane" style="text-decoration: underline;font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana;padding-left:110px">
    I've selected a knit stocking cap, black and gold, with a Steeler emblem on the side. Is it okay if I put some spaghetti sauce on it? - George A. Romero

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cinezombi
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.tagworld.com/-/World/TwPlayer.swf" /> <param name="FlashVars" value="videoURL=promotions/snakesonaplane.flv&autoPlay=false&author=snakesona plane&guid=1" /> <embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.tagworld.com/-/World/TwPlayer.swf" flashvars="videoURL=promotions/snakesonaplane.flv&autoPlay=false&author=snakesona plane&guid=1" quality="high" width="425" height="350" name="sampleplayer2" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /> <br><a href="http://www.tagworld.com/snakesonaplane" style="text-decoration: underline;font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana;padding-left:110px">

I don't speak Link-enese.

Any chance of a complete english translation.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Last edited by cinezombi; 09-May-2006 at 10:52 AM. Reason: did not put attachment on thead right

Undisclosed
    Sorry for the link theads new to forums

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Horsesh*t

DAWN04 bears some resemblence.

Zombies
    Mall
    Survivors
    Flesh Eating
    End of the World
    Famous Tagline quoted

nuff said.... a'ight!
    You know you're desperatly looking for things that tie both of the films together when you cite the tagline as one of the things the movies have incommon. 'NUFF SAID!

Anyway, I think you know what I mean when I said it has little or nothing to do with the original.

As for Zack Snyder as a director: He's a good action director and he has nice shots (at least in what we've seen so far). But remember, these are characteristics shared by Russel Mulcahy...

Banned User

United States
    You know you're desperatly looking for things that tie both of the films together when you cite the tagline as one of the things the movies have incommon. 'NUFF SAID!
    I wouldn't go that far...especially since all the things he posted were fairly obvious to the casual observer.

'NUFF SAID!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed

Anyway, I think you know what I mean when I said it has little or nothing to do with the original.

How many remakes really have anything to do with the original? They always change the characters in some way shape or form. All you're doing is stating a case of them not bringing back the original story and characters. Guess what... Zack Snyder said it best."That DAWN of the DEAD was already made. There is no need to remake that film".

He was right, so he did his OWN version based on the screenplay given to him. However, it is still DAWN of the DEAD! just not THE Dawn of the Dead you want it to be.... and ya know what, "Tough Titty Said The Kitty, But The Milk Is Still Good."

DAWN 2004 will always be DAWN of the DEAD 2004, and it will always be titled DAWN of the DEAD and all the ****ing and moaning about it on this forum isn't gonna change the title on the video box or DVD case.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!