Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    man, i swear people don't even bother reading older posts. i've posted about the zombie school thing twice as well as the discussion of tv show/comic book storylines...in this very thread.
    Hey that's cool and all but...

Have you seen the Zombie School video on AMC's site? It seems pretty clear that they're training them to be shamblers. The video even shows the FX guy using a clip of Hinzman in Night '68 as a model of zombie behavior.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    in all fairness Shaun was @ least closer 2 GARS formula than most of the shit thats been comin' out! KUDOS 2 Shaun!
    Here! Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Hey that's cool and all but...

Have you seen the Zombie School video on AMC's site? It seems pretty clear that they're training them to be shamblers. The video even shows the FX guy using a clip of Hinzman in Night '68 as a model of zombie behavior.

So they should be able to jog very nicely then.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Got Volume 1 of The Walking Dead today ... gonna get into it soon ... and while I don't generally read comics or graphic novels, I do dabble from time-to-time, and it certainly looks kick ass, and it feels satisfying to hold as well - if that makes sense. Or am I sounding weird?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ, I guarantee you will love it. I was hooked after Issue #1, now I don't buy individual issues anymore since 13, but I get the novels when they come out.

The Walking Dead is very much in vein of the early Romero work we all know and love. Probably one of the best horror comics out there.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'll refer you back to my post that he answered where i said "a good, SERIOUS zombie film."

Ah, touche. I wouldn't call Shaun serious either. It definitely had its unsettling and creepier moments, and arguably one of the best (if not the best) depictions of the initial stages of the outbreak.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Got Volume 1 of The Walking Dead today ... gonna get into it soon ... and while I don't generally read comics or graphic novels, I do dabble from time-to-time, and it certainly looks kick ass, and it feels satisfying to hold as well - if that makes sense. Or am I sounding weird?
    So... Review?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The first issue is 60 bucks. That is a shit ton of money for a book.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So... Review?
    it's been out for years and has critical acclaim dude, the tv adaption should be a clue if its good or not.

spoiler - it is very good.

-- -------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    i would imagine thats because it hasnt got a lot of reprintings. from issue 1 to the current, which i think is 60 or 70 something- i dont check numbers, ive got first printings of them all except for like 26-28. i got a bunch of the early ones bulk on ebay for like £22, total bargain.

United States
    There are more than 20 issues of those big ass books?!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Ah, touche. I wouldn't call Shaun serious either. It definitely had its unsettling and creepier moments, and arguably one of the best (if not the best) depictions of the initial stages of the outbreak.
    Oh there's no doubt that it's a very good film but it's a "zomedie" which is all that seems to gross well nowdays that also feature the classic shamblers.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    You'd be lucky buying for 60. Most people wouldn't part with it for under 100. I've been reading since the first issue....and when I feel poor I often think of selling mine!
    Last edited by Mr.G; 21-Jun-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i dont see the big whine here about shamblers and runners. shamblers should be people that have been dead a few days or weeks. runners would be people that JUST died

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There are more than 20 issues of those big ass books?!?
    No. It's a comic book and they're currently at issue #73. I'm unsure of which big-ass-books you speak of but there are several different ones:

-There's a ridiculously large book that contains the first 48 issues.

-Then there are 5 volumes of hardcovers, each of which contain 12 issues.

-Finally, there are a bunch of smaller paperbacks, that are still close to 150 pages each, and each one contains 6 issues. These are known as "trades" or can (to some) be considered "graphic novels".

Class dismissed.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    An interview with Kirkman from the set.

United States
    ^

posts like this are why i like basscunt (sorry, just had to call you that once), he's always keeping us updated on the news. thanks for the link dude.

minor spoilers are in the interview for those who don't follow the comics and want to have their WD cherries popped through the tv series. just a heads up.