Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I agree.If you called anything else it would still be a bad movie.
    I'll tell you what though. Calling it something different would have atlleast taken away one of the main talking points for those that don't like the film.

Try this out at home. Sit a bunch of people in a room and play both movies for them and don't display any of your biases and let them tell you which one they enjoyed more, rather watch and would recomend to others.

I think the answer is obvious. DAWN 04'
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'll tell you what though. Calling it something different would have atlleast taken away one of the main talking points for those that don't like the film.

Try this out at home. Sit a bunch of people in a room and play both movies for them and don't display any of your biases and let them tell you which one they enjoyed more, rather watch and would recomend to others.

That just high lights a problem with "tha yoof" today, if that were to happen.

People liking something just cos it's flashy and modern ... I still groan disdainfully at the bitch who said Yawn04 was "loads better than the original" on the UK trailer that used 2 second clips of morons coming out of the cinema barking their sub-Paul Ross 'reviews'.

Sometimes I dream of a world where such people are rounded up into camps and then pushed off a really tall cliff.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Actully,I made my wife watch both movies.And without me saying anything about either movie to her,she told me she liked Dawn'78 better.And my wife hates zombie movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually i watched em back to back and appreciated the remake more then, not because it was like the real one, but because it was so dissimilar that right after dawn i was watching something completely different and it seemed less like it was trying to be dawn. it wasn't just the name, if they set it in a college r something instead of a school i think it would have been much better received.

United States
    Dawn 04 kicks major ass.

I wish it would not be lumped into the same breath as the original as they are two very different movies other than zombies and the Mall.

How a zombie fan can call Dawn 04 **** is a mystery in this sea of ****ty zombie films.

I try and not pay too much attention to Box Office results or film ratings but when you have the following

IMDB 7.4/10 - Dawn 04 - 59,000 Votes
    IMDB 8.0/10 - Dawn 78 - 53,000 Votes

The more votes, inevitably the score will go down.

-

The film didn't have too may flaws as is joked in the blog of 110. Yes, the girl going after the fog was lame, the CJ suddenly being cool thing sucked and yes, it has some flaws; NO ONE SAYS IT IS PERFECT!

But it also is fun as ****. ONe of the first zombie films to take us outside the house or bunker and into the streets a bit.

I love the original Dawm ,but the pie throwing bikers, the lame blueish zombies, the absurd sountrack score, the overall lack of sophistication of Romero's direction, the characters mostly carbon ...

Both films have a ton to offer but calling DAWN 04 **** says something about your taste in films for me. You want more Contagium ? Scifi Zombies ? Day remakes ? Return remakes ? Resident Evil nonsense ?

Come on.

Take off the Romero goggles for 5 seconds and have fun with the film. It blows LAND and DIARY away and honestly ? I'd put in 04 before 78 anyday.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    the absurd sountrack score,
    Hey now that Goblin soundtrack kicks ass.

the overall lack of sophistication of Romero's direction,
    I like Dawn but, I agree there some scenes that make me go like "Wait hang on a minute?"

I'd put in 04 before 78 anyday.
    If you mean for entertainment yeah but, '78 is defiantly the better film.

United States
    Yes, the girl going after the fog was lame

When did the girl go after a fog?I think you meant to say dog.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    God....it still amazes me how some people just REFUSE to believe that other people may have opinions that differ from their's. And then they throw out things like "Romero Goggles", "Fanboys", etc.

You would think this tired and worn out debate would have been over years ago. Now it's just like TBS Superstation....nothing but re-runs of the same old sh*t...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    God....it still amazes me how some people just REFUSE to believe that other people may have opinions that differ from their's. And then they throw out things like "Romero Goggles", "Fanboys", etc.

You would think this tired and worn out debate would have been over years ago. Now it's just like TBS Superstation....nothing but re-runs of the same old sh*t...
    I agree,this debate is stupid and pointless.When will this stupid debate end?Probably never.
    Last edited by Bub666; 18-Sep-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I don't buy the idea of 'everyone would love it if it wasn't called Dawn of the Dead' though, to paraphrase for sake of argument.
    Not so much that "everyone would love it", but more a case of "not as many people would have been offended", because without the title name, there would be no direct comparison to be made with the original.

Had it not been called DAWN OF THE DEAD then it would have been seen by the majority as JUST a new take on the zombie flesh eater genre rather than a rip off.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dawn 04 kicks major ass.

I wish it would not be lumped into the same breath as the original as they are two very different movies other than zombies and the Mall.

How a zombie fan can call Dawn 04 **** is a mystery in this sea of ****ty zombie films.

I try and not pay too much attention to Box Office results or film ratings but when you have the following

IMDB 7.4/10 - Dawn 04 - 59,000 Votes
    IMDB 8.0/10 - Dawn 78 - 53,000 Votes

The more votes, inevitably the score will go down.

-

The film didn't have too may flaws as is joked in the blog of 110. Yes, the girl going after the fog was lame, the CJ suddenly being cool thing sucked and yes, it has some flaws; NO ONE SAYS IT IS PERFECT!

But it also is fun as ****. ONe of the first zombie films to take us outside the house or bunker and into the streets a bit.

I love the original Dawm ,but the pie throwing bikers, the lame blueish zombies, the absurd sountrack score, the overall lack of sophistication of Romero's direction, the characters mostly carbon ...

Both films have a ton to offer but calling DAWN 04 **** says something about your taste in films for me. You want more Contagium ? Scifi Zombies ? Day remakes ? Return remakes ? Resident Evil nonsense ?

Come on.

Take off the Romero goggles for 5 seconds and have fun with the film. It blows LAND and DIARY away and honestly ? I'd put in 04 before 78 anyday.
    It's true. Besides Romero's films name you'd stuggle to name me 5 better Zombie flicks than dawn 04'. And that's out of the what, thousands that have been made?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post

When did the girl go after a fog?I think you meant to say dog.

Don't be that guy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't be that guy.
    The question is: Do ya feel lucky... Punk!?!

United States
    Only in love.

United States
    Don't be that guy.
    I'am sorry.