Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Episode - Tell it to the frogs

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    This could be big spoilage about Merle...

Note the lack of sawed off paw...
    AaaHAAAAAaaaahhh.......hurrrrm...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Wow....his hair grows fast.

Also...

Last edited by bassman; 18-Nov-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: .

Dead

United States
    That's not a spoiler at all IMO. It leaves more questions...

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I agree it will come down to motive for me as to how much I dislike Shane, I am as I said already not a fan of his decision but it would really go a long way to know his motivation and the timing/setting of the decision he made and how and when the went about it.
    That's the beauty of it though. You're left to make the decision without all the information you require. Otherwise if all that information is presented, the decision is pretty much already made for you.
    I know what becomes of Shane in the comics, but Darabont is changing things up a bit and IMO, is giving more depth and humanistic qualities to Shane's character. So at this point in the *TV series* I don't see Shane as this seething manipulative bastard that wants Ricks family at any cost.

As has been said by several others, hard decisions need to be made under dire circumstances.
    I also never saw Rhodes as the seething bastard everyone else did.
    I'm not saying that I think these are outstanding individuals, and excellent examples of great and compassionate human beings though either.
    I just hate when people act like things are black and white. Nothing is black and white, ever! And when someone sees things that way, they're choosing to ignore 90% of the information required to make that distinction.

Movin on.....
    What kind of events could lead to Merle having a Hummer, both hands, a standard issue M1911, a bowling uniform shirt, and who's hand was on the roof???
    Last edited by babomb; 19-Nov-2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Uhh.....babomb. I think that picture was a joke...

Dead

United States
    I hope so.....

Canada

Note the lack of sawed off paw...
    Meteor - Michael Rooker as Calvin Stark

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/m...s/166280/67805

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    That's not a spoiler at all IMO. It leaves more questions...

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

That's the beauty of it though. You're left to make the decision without all the information you require. Otherwise if all that information is presented, the decision is pretty much already made for you.
    I know what becomes of Shane in the comics, but Darabont is changing things up a bit and IMO, is giving more depth and humanistic qualities to Shane's character. So at this point in the *TV series* I don't see Shane as this seething manipulative bastard that wants Ricks family at any cost.

As has been said by several others, hard decisions need to be made under dire circumstances.
    I also never saw Rhodes as the seething bastard everyone else did.
    I'm not saying that I think these are outstanding individuals, and excellent examples of great and compassionate human beings though either.
    I just hate when people act like things are black and white. Nothing is black and white, ever! And when someone sees things that way, they're choosing to ignore 90% of the information required to make that distinction.

Movin on.....
    What kind of events could lead to Merle having a Hummer, both hands, a standard issue M1911, a bowling uniform shirt, and who's hand was on the roof???
    More than happy to move on, however life is black and while in many instances. If you came over to my house and stabbed my grandmother in the face 40 times with screw driver unprovoked and just for giggles, took her her pension check and pissed in my fish tank on the way out the door... you would be wrong.

The law is what it is breaking the law is wrong. Period, Even if you dislike it, you can not ignore it and expect to escape the ramifications of your actions "Yes your honor I drove over a group of children as the passed before my hummer but it was funny" that won't even buy you an insanity plea and even if it did it would still be wrong.

There are plenty of shades of gray, but in life there is in fact right and wrong. And black and white are indeed two totally different colors that exist.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Uhh.....babomb. I think that picture was a joke...
    I just want to know what the hell is going on here, how the hell did he have time to do this? Where was he? Is that a reanimated head?

The plot thickens.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I just want to know what the hell is going on here, how the hell did he have time to do this? Where was he? Is that a reanimated head?

And how the hell did he join Nascar?!?

Is Nascar even still running after the end of the world??!? Man this next episode is going to be a hoot!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

And how the hell did he join Nascar?!?

Is Nascar even still running after the end of the world??!? Man this next episode is going to be a hoot!
    Holy crap! That is a mystery!

You know what? I bet those "whacky nascar folks" would keep nascar up and running until there were no tires left to burn through.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah, those good ol' boys.

Never underestimate them.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    The pic was pulled from a Spanish site talking about Rooker and TWD...I thought it was from the show.

Still, it'll teach me not to post pics from sites wot speak in foriegn.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Sorry im always late coming into these topics but i always dodge them until the english showing and i know what you guys are talking about without reading any spoilers.

I loved episode 3, im so impressed with the series so far, my gf sat down and watched most of this episode with me and she isnt into the whole undead scene at all, it was a nice twist when they got onto the roof and murriel wasnt there, i never saw that coming.. i was a little disappointed with ricks lack of emotion when he finally came face to face with lori and carl again and the surpising lack of zombies in the department store and on the stairway up to the roof.

How exactly did murriel get off the roof if not through the door? im pretty they said in ep 2 they couldnt jump from roof to roof, do you think a man who had just sawn his hand off would have the stamina when healthy, younger people earlier on said it wasnt possible? I hope that is explained later on and i look forward to it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    How exactly did murriel get off the roof if not through the door? im pretty they said in ep 2 they couldnt jump from roof to roof, do you think a man who had just sawn his hand off would have the stamina when healthy, younger people earlier on said it wasnt possible? I hope that is explained later on and i look forward to it.
    Maybe there was a ladder down the side of the building that they couldn't use in Ep 2 because the store was surrounded?

As you say....hopefully they'll explain that one...

United States
    I have a theory...

England
    There's a shot in the preview of the next episode at the end of Tell it to the Frogs that gives away what happens to Merle
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA