Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: A Question of Remakes

Banned User

United States
    It's my fault, hellsing.

I should've remembered that most fanboys are so insecure over the quality of the original Dawn that they'll jump on anybody who says the remake was good in any way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    true but i was about to step in you were dangerously close to yelling "tell em steve-dave!".

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Now, what about that social commentary?
    What about it? I find it kind of funny that you're trying to get me to explain the social commentary, as if I had actually defended it (or even mentioned it)! Are you trying to steer away from the issue perhaps?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude ,seriously drop it, in ten years people arent gonna read this, run out into the streets and hug strangers whilst weeping in a dawning realisation, its a forum about zombies.

NUFF' SAID

Banned User

United States
    I'm not trying to deflect anything, Ned. Hell, you don't even have a valid argument to deflect in the first place.

The social commentary aspect to the original Dawn is crucial when discussing the characters. That's why I brought it up.

But, as usual, you're acting like a true fan by not even attempting to talk about it.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    true but i was about to step in you were dangerously close to yelling "tell em steve-dave!".

BINGO!

i stoped the discussion with him because he's sure zealously commited tp the point.

I suggest, moving forward, we now refer to Svengoolie as steve-dave

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    And you're acting like you don't have any idea what you're talking about, as to be expected. This argument is dead, and yet you still want to push forward. I just don't get if you're trying to save your skin or what...

By the way, Dawn is the least favourite of the Dead films. So I guess you're wrong again.

Banned User

United States
    And you're acting like you don't have any idea what you're talking about, as to be expected. This argument is dead, and yet you still want to push forward. I just don't get if you're trying to save your skin or what....
    Still proving me right, Ned. Looks like the only thing "Evil" about you is your ignorance.

By the way, Dawn is the least favourite of the Dead films. So I guess you're wrong again.
    LOL! You're about as informed about that as you are everything else.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Still trying to provoke, eh?

Anyway, I've had it with this. This is pretty sad.

Banned User

United States
    If simply asking you to discuss the social commentary of Dawn of the Dead is "provoking" you, then in that sense you are a true fan.

Undisclosed
    Personally I disliked the remake, for reasons already stated (Too many characters, running zombies) though...the introduction was F*cking awsome.

To me it just seemed like a poor action film, the original had beautiful character development, and really made you want to know how each character would end up. It was deep, it had roger losing grip on reality and gain a dangerious blood lust, flyboy and fly girl were not getting on at all for reasons well explained and peter was trying to hold them together by taking charge. What did the remake have, loads of random people just turning up, a zombie baby?? and a movie with lots of people who you felt like beating the **** out off.

All in all the remake in my humble opinion was not just a bad zombie movie it was a bad movie in general...just hollywood junk with nobodys (Except the cameo's)

And it had Running Zombies...Ahhhh! I hate them, the whole concept of walking shuffling zombies is that people automatically judge them as having major weaknesses and let their guard down and then get into a situation where a small group pounces making life very ****ty.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

The bottom line is, in terms of screenwriting, the Dawn remake is a better script than the original.
    OMG! I can not believe what i have just read...seriously I have not read so much tripe in a long long time (and i sometimes read the forums on IMDB.com so that saying something) You actually think the script was better in the dawn remake? my man i think you need help...i mean no disrespect but the therapy i provide for this situation would be a savage beating with an iron bar and steel top capped boots

P.s No Disrespect
    Last edited by MonkeyFarm; 21-Apr-2006 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves

Banned User

United States
    Again...another fan claiming that the original had good character development.

In looking for something nice to say about the original, you're just talking out of your a$$...since it's obvious you don't know what "character development" means, or how it would (or in this case, wouldn't) apply to the films.

United States

In looking for something nice to say about the original, you're just talking out of your a$$...since it's obvious you don't know what "character development" means, or how it would (or in this case, wouldn't) apply to the films.
    What are your views on the remake of The Bad News Bears compared to the original?
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 21-Apr-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    What are your views on the remake of The Bad News Bears compared to the original?
    Yes, and would it change for the worse if you were posting on a Bad News Bears Appreciation website?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England

Some people MIGHT have realised by now that maybe, just maybe, there MIGHT actually be something to that

Some people MIGHT actually come to realise and accept one day that their own personal thoughts and opinions are NOT actually considered to be genuine "facts" out here in the real world.

Some people MIGHT also have realised by now that they can NOT convince other people to change their own personal thoughts and opinions to suit another persons own personal thoughts and opinions, purely by repeating the same thing ... over and over and over.

Likewise, repeating the same thing over and over is NOT how genuine facts are created ... just opinions.