Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse... Oh for goodness sake...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Like bassman, I have never heard a Winehouse song, and only know of her from standing in line at the grocery store staring at tabloid covers.
    well jimbo, here you go. this was her big hit in america, ironically entitled "rehab", it is very motown sounding.

Last edited by Mike70; 01-Oct-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Like bassman, I have never heard a Winehouse song, and only know of her from standing in line at the grocery store staring at tabloid covers.

But then again too, I have never heard a Jessica Simpson song either (with the exception of watching her very strange stage persona while she sang God Bless America on TV shortly after 9/11) and she's considered a celebrity.

No better anti-drug commercial than those before and after photos, as far as I am concerned. Surely a teenager - especially considering how narcissistic they are these days - would really think twice about dabbling in the crazy life if they think they would be transformed into an old hag within a short period of time!

DUDE !! but then again Simpson is an infinitely finer piece of .....uh..Work!!...... yeah that's it!!

Come on. You haven't been married that long have you!?!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    well jimbo, here you go. this was her big hit in america, ironically entitled "rehab", it is very motown sounding.

Thanks. It's obivious that she has talent, just really bad judgement.

On a side note...I found the song to be a little creepy, since the first time I heard it was when it played as the soundtrack to that very distrubing video of the strange looking ballerina girl/thing dancing around. You know how images can become associated with a particular song, so that when you hear that song you cannot help but recall the imagery? Think about the opening chords of "Suicide is Painless" which was used as the theme to MASH, and you will probably see helicopters in your mind, flying over the Santa Monica Mountains with wounded soldiers strapped to the landing gear on stretchers. So I am listening to the Winehouse song and all I can think about was that freaky werido video.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    DUDE !! but then again Simpson is an infinitely finer piece of .....uh..Work!!...... yeah that's it!!

Simpson very well may be, but again, imagery becoming associated with music (see the above response) and all that, I just cannot get out of my mind the very unsexy, and inappropriate posturing she did on the 9/11 special broadcast.

Gotta find a clip of that just to show everyone that good looks do not necessarily outweigh bad talent.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 02-Oct-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Awww... It's poor diddums again! She's having a hard time in life, and it's all down to the the fact Satan is her drug pusher

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...addiction.html

The moment she realises the reason she's in a mess is completely her fault, she'll be all the better for it. Maybe then she'll realise she's actually living rather a privileged life that she has absolutely no right to wine about...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    I have to say it, any publicity is good publicity and the more people make themselves read these sorts of 'news' stories the more accepted and popular they become. To have these sorts of vendettas against something/someone only serves to promote them.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I have to say it, any publicity is good publicity and the more people make themselves read these sorts of 'news' stories the more accepted and popular they become. To have these sorts of vendettas against something/someone only serves to promote them.
    Vendetta? It's more an interested amazement...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Forgetting the media hoopla for second, I can't fathom why music critics/reviewers/apologists constantly laud this idiotic "talent." There is absolutely nothing special about Winehouse. Is it just me, or is that a cliched attempt at sounding 'black'? Oh, now I get it, that's called "Motown."

There are countless people that can sing extremely well, but everyone has forgotten that it takes an equal amount of craftsmanship to be an artist. Though the American Idle spin doctors would like you to believe otherwise, there's much more to being a musician than simply singing and posing like a slab of beef supermodel,

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Forgetting the media hoopla for second, I can't fathom why music critics/reviewers/apologists constantly laud this idiotic "talent." There is absolutely nothing special about Winehouse. Is it just me, or is that a cliched attempt at sounding 'black'? Oh, now I get it, that's called "Motown."

There are countless people that can sing extremely well, but everyone has forgotten that it takes an equal amount of craftsmanship to be an artist. Though the American Idle spin doctors would like you to believe otherwise, there's much more to being a musician than simply singing and posing like a slab of beef supermodel,

She's doing nothing that Sinatra and co didn't do years before...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    She's doing nothing that Sinatra and co didn't do years before...
    Sure, she is: exercising bad taste in a poor attempt at sounding 'ghetto.'

Are those real musicians in that video--the actual musicians that performed on that track--or are they just actors? If the latter, it's extremely racist.

England
    If the latter, it's extremely racist.

How so?actors or not they still agreed to be in the video

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

guess who's at it again?

this time she was arrested for assault at milton keynes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ts/8428946.stm
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Aw, bless her cottons. At this rate, she'll have no career. Reduced to playing spoons at some kind of carnival up north. Burnt spoons, mind.

Administrator

England
    Awwww... Let her off again! Poor poor soul has such a hard life! We must understand her and treat her differently to any other civil human being!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Awwww... Let her off again! Poor poor soul has such a hard life! We must understand her and treat her differently to any other civil human being!
    Quite right, Neil. Nice to see somebody who loves her just as much as I do.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You Brits... you take the blues, kick it in the ass, go on to inspire generations of rock musicians around the world and yet this is the sort of absolute crap that you make famous today?

You all need a collective slap for abandoning your roots.
    LMAO... I second that

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If she was alive 200 years aso she would of been chased down by a group of villagers with pitchforks and flaming torches, battered to within a inch of her life and then burnt at the stake.

These days we put freaks on TV.
    How have I ever missed this thread with all these great and hilarious comments?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*