Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Wow. This movie was crappy.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

I couldn't help it. I've always wondered....was the narrator trying to really kill himself or was his plan to shoot through his cheek?
    I've pondered this myself, I wonder if he was trying to fool TD, but how do you fool a part of yourself, or was TD a completely seperate entity by this time.

Ah, who focking cares, killer movie IMO.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed

3of5

I bought this film not realy having any expectations. I hadn't seen a trailer so was pretty open minded. I viewed this film three times before I came to my final conclusion. Not crap but not at all what I expected from Romero. This film has the feel of some of his earlier works such as Jack's Wife and The Crazies. The initial idea is interesting but the script just didn't deliver. My first problem is the acting. The kid with the glasses is absolutely horrible. This kid irritated me after the first ten minutes. No name actors are ok, but get ones that can actualy pull off a professional job. I aslo didn't like the blonde haired kid that eventualy gets bitten in the hospital. He wasn't that great of an actor either. Obviously the plot had no real value. I was numb to feeling any sympathy for the characters because there was no real character devolpment. I see this film as trying to reinvent the zombie genre. Also an obvious attempt on Romero's part to go back to his roots. I like that Romero had the guts to do something low-budget, but the low-budget aspect seems to be most of the draw. I don't watch a Romero film for the gore although I know it's a valuable element. I'm there for the solid story. Diary is a film of just gore. The highlights are the gore and the characters just seem like more cannon fodder. At times I felt like I was watching an 80's slasher. I enjoyed Land but I felt like Romero should have moved on while he had the chance. I would have enjoyed a stephen king adaption over this film any day.

Rating:3 of 5

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    HAHA what do you expect from an 'anti-second amendment' college student?
    How exactly is she "anti-second amendment" when she owns a handgun? I bet you think she's a "Communist", too.

You've been listening to idiots like Ted Nugent for far too long, who in reality isn't pro-constitutional rights unless it just so happens to coincide with being pro-money in his pocket.

Be more SMARTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I didn't like Diary very much. The first two pages of this thread had a wealth of good points that I agree with.
    Then you are a big fool because previous to joining the howling mob of late dissenters, your criticisms were always thoughtful and better articulated. There were no good points until you joined the thread, so why would you aspire to be among the lowest common denominator?
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 30-Jun-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hello everyone.

I'm new here and unfortunately the first thing I'm forced to do is respond to a post by Redman-whatever #s. Can I say that the second amendment comment concerning the female character in DIARY is a contender for the stupidest thing I've heard so far this year. Perhaps some of you are reading WAY too much into what was supposed to be a fun little Zombie movie done as a treat to us, Romero film fans. And yet in this thread Redman and others seem to have a real disdain for the movie and honestly when I read nonsense like the second amendment comment I realize that there are a few "Fans" that will NEVER get what the message in George's films are and for that reason they should just leave it all alone. Embarrasing isn't the word to describe it. Retarded is more like it.

Go watch SAW alright??

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    How exactly is she "anti-second amendment" when she owns a handgun? I bet you think she's a "Communist", too.

You've been listening to idiots like Ted Nugent for far too long, who in reality isn't pro-constitutional rights unless it just so happens to coincide with being pro-money in his pocket.

Be more SMARTER!

Then you are a big fool because previous to joining the howling mob of late dissenters, your criticisms were always thoughtful and better articulated. There were no good points until you joined the thread, so why would you aspire to be among the lowest common denominator?
    You know 'left wing' kooks like you really need to lighten up. After reading this post of yours I see you have lowered the 'common denominator' bar. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Terror View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm new here and unfortunately the first thing I'm forced to do is respond to a post by Redman-whatever #s. Can I say that the second amendment comment concerning the female character in DIARY is a contender for the stupidest thing I've heard so far this year. Perhaps some of you are reading WAY too much into what was supposed to be a fun little Zombie movie done as a treat to us, Romero film fans. And yet in this thread Redman and others seem to have a real disdain for the movie and honestly when I read nonsense like the second amendment comment I realize that there are a few "Fans" that will NEVER get what the message in George's films are and for that reason they should just leave it all alone. Embarrasing isn't the word to describe it. Retarded is more like it.

Go watch SAW alright??
    HAHA oh my god can't you folks relax alittle. It was all in fun. We got off on college kids, oh my it's the end of the world. By the way mister big brain just what was GAR trying to say when little miss college gal couldn't kill her self while holding the gun. What deep social statement was that all about?

Funny thing is I have given all kinds of reasons as to why I find this a poor attempt at a zombie movie by GAR. It really wasn't well thought out at all. So before you throw around attack words like 'embarrasing' and 'retarded' (which is what children do when they can't defend their side of an argument) defend this movie. I'll start off by saying the acting was pathetic and the plot was full of holes and flaws thatGAR should have cleaned up before he released it.

The floor is open for your defense of Diary. I guess we had better throw all the jokes and any humor, no matter how twisted, to the side and keep things serious. We don't want to step on the toes of touchy foks like the two of you. So defend away.
    Last edited by Redman6565; 01-Jul-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman6565 View Post
    You know 'left wing' kooks like you really need to lighten up.
    "Lighten up, Lefty! We wuz only funnin'!" This is the best argument that you've got? If you're attempting to play class clown, you will need much better material. BE MORE FUNNY!

Further, don't assume that you've grasped everyone's politics. Based on your post, I'll assume that you are the typical tool that easily parrots the Right vs. Left rhetoric you've been spoon-fed. You may prove otherwise by answering the question: how exactly is Mary's character "anti-second amendment" when she owns a handgun? Would it have helped you to better understand the film if she had pointed the weapon at a few zombies while snarling "go ahead, make my day?"

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    "Lighten up, Lefty! We wuz only funnin'!" This is the best argument that you've got? If you're attempting to play class clown, you will need much better material. BE MORE FUNNY!

Further, don't assume that you've grasped everyone's politics. Based on your post, I'll assume that you are the typical tool that easily parrots the Right vs. Left rhetoric you've been spoon-fed. You may prove otherwise by answering the question: how exactly is Mary's character "anti-second amendment" when she owns a handgun? Would it have helped you to better understand the film if she had pointed the weapon at a few zombies while snarling "go ahead, make my day?"
    No I find Mary's character bland like the rest of the characters in this movie. As for what I think of your politics, you come across as a 'lefty' which is fine. I'm just waiting to read a post by you that gives the deep meaning behind Diary. You love to defend this movie but lack any substance when it comes to your argument. Also, I didn't claim to 'grasp everyone's' politics. Just your'es.

Dead

Undisclosed

I own a pistol, like vodka, and I'm not a communist. I like the song "Cat Scratch Fever," but I've never met Ted Nugent. Wasn't even sure who he was until you mentioned him.

Dubious, pop a pill, take a deep breath, and relax. Not everyone agrees with your political beliefs, get used to it or you're going to have a stroke.
    Last edited by jim102016; 02-Jul-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post

I own a pistol, like vodka, and I'm not a communist. I like the song "Cat Scratch Fever," but I've never met Ted Nugent. Wasn't even sure who he was until you mentioned him.

Dubious, pop a pill, take a deep breath, and relax. Not everyone agrees with your political beliefs, get used to it or you're going to have a stroke.
    Really. Some people can't relax these days. We live in a country full of thin skinned people that need to get something in their lives. What I have no idea.

Speaking of politics. In Ohio they now have the right to force you to take a blood test if you refuse to take the breath test. Happy Independence Day folks and welcome to the United Communist States of America. It's getting real hard to 'hear freedom ring'.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I liked Diary very much.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    To me, Diary is the only one of GAR's dead films that didn't stick in my head long after viewing it. Even Land I keep returning to despite it's flaws. GAR's best films (Night, Dawn, Day, Martin) stay with me years after I've watched them and compell me to view them over and over again. I've seen Diary twice and I barely remember it. It just doesn't have the power of his best works.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by otisbenny View Post
    To me, Diary is the only one of GAR's dead films that didn't stick in my head long after viewing it. Even Land I keep returning to despite it's flaws. GAR's best films (Night, Dawn, Day, Martin) stay with me years after I've watched them and compell me to view them over and over again. I've seen Diary twice and I barely remember it. It just doesn't have the power of his best works.
    You know. . that's a good point. I feel kinda the same way. Even about Land. Diary was just so. . ..
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The problem with diary Is that people are disapointed because Romero didnt make diary and land like the original 3 zombies movies that the problem he has to do something new for the younger generation we here at the forum like the old classic zombie movies but the now days the younger fans only wnat gore.

United States
    Ummm. . .heavy man. . .real heavy. . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    The problem with diary Is that people are disapointed because Romero didnt make diary and land like the original 3 zombies movies that the problem he has to do something new for the younger generation we here at the forum like the old classic zombie movies but the now days the younger fans only wnat gore.
    Well, if 'something new for the younger generation', means weak script, then you're 100% spot on

Land had some nice ideas/bits in it, but generally just seemed a bit flawed TBH... Diary was just... meh...

Romero seems to be trying too hard with metaphors rather than concentrating on good quality story.

In Diary the modern internet technology stuff and subtext just didn't work very well. I suspect if he makes Diary 2 he'll go completely overboard with it being set - rather than in a shopping mall - in a web forum...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan