Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Land Gets Worse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    One thing I did notice during this brief rewatch, and I'd love to spark some discussion on this... during the "what have we done to ourselves" scene Fran also says, "There hasn't been a broadcast for 3 days." She was late in the pregnancy (I'd guess 6-7 months). That implies that months into it they were still seeing broadcasts?? I never quite picked up on that before.
    Yup. Figure wherever they were broadcasting from was heavily guarded at first, and it took awhile for the dead to overrun it. Might have even been from an early "rescue station" that they got a head start on the dead with.

United States
    Cold War era government shelters had the capability of broadcating via television, so maybe they were getting sporadic government broadcasts from some underground bunker somewhere with the president smiling and saying "Hang in there, citizens, we are just about to turn the tide in our favor" Or maybe even a prerecorded and looped PSA about not getting bitten by zombies.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

I've seen that look before folks. That's a woman who beat her man down until she got her way. I'm with Legion on that one.
    I too agree with legion and trin, having seen that look myself on a number on occasion over the past ten years from my wife.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So we're basing our thoughts on cold war era theories and that women control our thoughts? Guys...time for greener pastures.
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Aug-2010 at 01:04 AM.

United States
    Ok, so rewatched the fist half of Land the other day and I'll be damned if SRP isn't right about the piano tune whenever Big Daddy learns something. It's not a jangle, so much as a two chord switch. . but it is SO there. God, now that I have heard it. . it DOES make things worse. . .bah. And just when I was finally able to turn the brain off and enjoy the movie. . .alas.
    Last edited by clanglee; 22-Aug-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Ok, so rewatched the fist half of Land the other day and I'll be damned if SP isn't right about the piano tune whenever Big Daddy learns something.
    Would I lie to you?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jebush.....you people are just noticing the BD theme? Honestly....do people pay attention to movies anymore, or is it all about the wikipedia/imdb? I remember noticing the theme on the first theater showing back in 05. I don't see how you could miss it considering it's really different from the rest of the score. I like it, though...

England
    I think a lot of people in the "Land Haterrrz" camp just mentally switch off when the growling one is on screen to be honest...hence the missing of any small details associated with him.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Jebush.....you people are just noticing the BD theme? Honestly....do people pay attention to movies anymore, or is it all about the wikipedia/imdb? I remember noticing the theme on the first theater showing back in 05. I don't see how you could miss it considering it's really different from the rest of the score. I like it, though...
    I've never really noticed scoring before. . .which is the way it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be so integral to the movie that it is not supposed to be noticed. Having said that. . .now that I notice the Big Daddy Theme. . .it's pretty funny really. . .like sensitive music for sensitive zombies.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    When we were having the initial round of Land love vs. hate wars I went back and watched Land just to listen to the music (since there was a lot of "music sucked compared to Dawn" talk). And I never noticed this jingly little learning phenomenon.

I guess we know what Dr. Logan was playing to Bub on that cassette recorder.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I think a lot of people in the "Land Haterrrz" camp just mentally switch off when the growling one is on screen to be honest...hence the missing of any small details associated with him.
    Or they just avoid they whole clusterfuck and don't watch it anymore.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    They see me rollin'

They hatin'

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    They see me rollin'

They hatin'

Very apt line considering he's riding dirty.

And stinky for that matter.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"