Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Seems like more of the same, tho, doesn't it?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    That's not necessarily a bad thing is it though considering what we've had before?

So, Kelly Brook and you have a marathon down and dirty 'session'. As she leaves, brushing the hair from her flushed face, and still fighting to get her breath back, she say, 'same again next week Ned?'

Your reply is, 'Meh?'
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That's not necessarily a bad thing is it though considering what we've had before?

So, Kelly Brook and you have a marathon down and dirty 'session'. As she leaves, brushing the hair from her flushed face, and still fighting to get her breath back, she say, 'same again next week Ned?'

Your reply is, 'Meh?'
    I think we can all tell that Neil rather enjoyed it when Kelly Brook started hosting The Big Breakfast back in the day, then...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, but isn't that what should be expected in the third part of a trilogy being completed by the same crew?

If this were different writers/director/etc I would hope for something different, but it's nice to have this continuity and finality in the trilogy, imo. Finally....a coherent series of Batman films.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think we can all tell that Neil rather enjoyed it when Kelly Brook started hosting The Big Breakfast back in the day, then...
    Let's put it this way, I've only bothered watching 2 minutes of Piranha!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    People say the same about AC/DC and Motorhead, but thats why I love 'em

Super Moderator

United States
    Finally got around to watching it. Looks pretty good.

Didn't realize they added another villain to the film:

Can't shake the feeling that Nolan's Batman films are one big anti-smoking campaign.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    People say the same about AC/DC and Motorhead, but thats why I love 'em
    What was the classic line ZZ Top used about themselves? Same three guys, same three chords.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Maybe I should clarify, I wasn't that big of a fan of TDK. It was too long, too dramatic for my tastes. To date, it's my least favorite Nolan film, as I think all his others were really great. I prefer his forays into speculative fiction, rather than his Batman films.

TDK was too long, too gray, too dull for my tastes. Hence: "Looks like more of the same.", thus "Meh."

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    "Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down."

Well, if he respects our intelligence that much, surely he must be aware that we can read subtitles. That way he wont have to alter his artistic vision one bit.
    It's not like Bane will have that many monologues.

As cool as the new imagery is, I still think it's a pity they didn't go for a different 'bad guy'.
    Batman in full detective mode solving 'riddles' without stuff blowing up every ten minutes or something like that would REALLY have an audience participate more than just watching the lovely fireworks ...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Batman in full detective mode solving 'riddles' without stuff blowing up every ten minutes or something like that would REALLY have an audience participate more than just watching the lovely fireworks ...
    Got Sherlock for that
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I for one think Bane seems to be the coolest thing about this flick. I don't know what people have got against him?

Bane seems more like a villain in my style, rather than The Joker, truth be told.

Undisclosed
    Got Sherlock for that
    Hehe. True. Batman = Sherlock + Dracula + Zorro and a pinch of Bond in the Nolanverse.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I for one think Bane seems to be the coolest thing about this flick. I don't know what people have got against him?
    While Bane does seem cool and definitely rocked the prologue scenes, I'm still more excited to see if Catwoman is finally given the respect she deserves. At this point it seems obvious that Hardy knocked the role of Bane out of the park, so if they can get Catwoman right then this will be one hell of a trilogy. Considering Nolan has correctly portrayed every other character, I have no reason to doubt him at this point.

It's going to be interesting to see how he "ends" this trilogy, really. I've seen people speculating between Bruce Wayne dying, "batman" dying and Wayne living on, a new character continuing the legend of batman, etc. There are really a ton of different directions they could take it, but it will definitely be tricky to "end" the series without stepping on toes. Especially when you consider that WB/DC are planning further movies and a JLA with Nolan still on board as producer...