Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

Undisclosed
    And now it's Superman who looks like a basketball. apparently he and Spidey have the same tailor.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    And now it's Superman who looks like a basketball. apparently he and Spidey have the same tailor.
    Did you honestly expect tight spandex? That was never going to happen.

All things considered, I think they did a good job converting the suit for the current audience. It's updated for a new generation, yet still very reminiscent of the classic designs. His cape flows beautifully in the trailer, too.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Did you honestly expect tight spandex? .
    No. To be honest I couldn't care less about yet another superhero dressed in the American flag.
    Especially in a 'Zack Snyder' directed film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm with you on the Snyder thing. Fingers crossed that Nolan's guidance keeps Snyder in order. I do enjoy Watchmen, but that's about it for Snyder.

-- -------- Post added 21-Jul-2012 at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 15-Jul-2012 at 08:45 AM ----------

If you've seen or plan on seeing The Dark Knight Rises....this is the teaser you'll see. There are two versions, both with the same visuals, but one with narration by Pa Kent(Kevin Costner) and the other by Jor El(Russell Crowe). I saw the Costner version in my screening, but I prefer the Crowe version.

Pa Kent/Costner:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

Jor El/Crowe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zld8i2mRxb0

The teaser looks beautiful, much different from Snyder's usual films, but I was expecting more action because they've been trying to distance themselves from the Donner-verse. For a teaser, i'm pleased. Can't wait to see more.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Jul-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    I'm with you on the Snyder thing. Fingers crossed that Nolan's guidance keeps Snyder in order. I do enjoy Watchmen, but that's about it for Snyder.

-- -------- Post added 21-Jul-2012 at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 15-Jul-2012 at 08:45 AM ----------

If you've seen or plan on seeing The Dark Knight Rises....this is the teaser you'll see. There are two versions, both with the same visuals, but one with narration by Pa Kent(Kevin Costner) and the other by Jor El(Russell Crowe). I saw the Costner version in my screening, but I prefer the Crowe version.

The teaser looks beautiful, much different from Snyder's usual films, but I was expecting more action because they've been trying to distance themselves from the Donner-verse. For a teaser, i'm pleased. Can't wait to see more.
    Well, colour me surprised. Those look beautiful. No videogame stuff in there and a certain Terence Malick beauty to the shots (the butterfly, Camera panning low over the grass, ...)
    Not at all what I was expecting.
    Last edited by krisvds; 22-Jul-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I giggled....

Last edited by bassman; 24-Jul-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ^^

omg, that is awesome.
    I kinda liked the pants though.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nothing particularly new, but writer David S. Goyer spoke a bit about the tone they're going for...

We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in," he said at a panel for his Da Vinci's Demons show.

"It's not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn't necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman have in the real world?

"What I really like to do is writing 'genre' stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci's Demons, and I'll do the same with Man of Steel

United States
    any word on when we can expect a full trailer? looking forward to seeing a bit more footage, because after re-watching the teaser, my excitement levels are creeping back up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Judging by WB's past tentpole movie trailers, I'm guessing it will be in December with The Hobbit.

Super Moderator

United States
    Superman has become so tough to handle from a film perspective nowadays, as alluded to in the quote you posted above, Bassman, but I get this weird feeling that this film could, maybe possibly, under optimal conditions actually do it. I mean, I'm kind of bored of the premise and the character, but I'll be happy if they manage to put a movie together that doesn't have me checking my watch halfway through.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The impact that a super-powered alien(s) would have in the "real" world sounds like a great angle to approach it from. I can certainly see how Nolan and Goyer's script could play well with that premise. This may just end up being Superman's Dark Knight Trilogy, so to speak.

Doing his rounds for "Argo"(and addressing the rumor of helming Justice League), Ben Affleck says that he's seen a bit of MOS and thought it was "awesome". He says a Justice League film seems to be trying to duplicate the success of The Avengers, but if they approach it in the "really cool, real approach to Superman, which no one has done before", JL could be great. So in other words, he's skeptical of JL but thought MOS looked amazing. Sounds good...

The wait for a full trailer is killing me.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Oct-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    He says a Justice League film seems to be trying to duplicate the success of The Avengers, but if they approach it in the "really cool, real approach to Superman, which no one has done before", JL could be great. So in other words, he's skeptical of JL but thought MOS looked amazing. Sounds good...
    I know I sound like a broken record saying they should do a Kingdom Come script every time they mention the JL, but even if they just cribbed heavily from the premise it could be so damned amazing. That'd take a lot of set up though, but what great themes! I'm not even a huge DC guy, but if done right I'd nergasm...I'd nerdgasm hard

TMI

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New poster...

This is actually from one of my favorite shots from the comic con trailer. Supes being led down a hall by a ton of soldiers...

United States
    Is that one posted anywhere by chance?