Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    You don't have to do the story line in the game. You don't even have to rescue people. You can just run around and only kill zombies if you want.
    thats what i wanna do when i unlock overtime mode, gives me 5 clean days to get zombie genocider

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just beat the game with the 'B' ending. I didn't do any of the case files and hardly rescued any survivors. All I did was arrive at the helipad before noon on the final day.

I have a feeling that getting the 'A' rank is going to be extremely difficult.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not really just do the case files really, you dont have to save everyone.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    not really just do the case files really, you dont have to save everyone.
    ive played through 3 day mode twice now, solving the cases still eludes me but ive got to level 45 lol

hey just out of curiosity, what happens if you miss the helicopter on day 3?

i think im gonna do that this time round if i dont get all the cases.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Got a question(and a pretty silly one at that)....

What exactly are you supposed to be doing in between Cases? I finished the first one and now I have until 6:00am the next morning until case #2 starts. I've tried doing the whole "Scoop" thing, but most of the time I can't find where they're at.

Particularly the one titled "Image in the Monitor". I've looked for days and can't find that thing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Got a question(and a pretty silly one at that)....

What exactly are you supposed to be doing in between Cases? I finished the first one and now I have until 6:00am the next morning until case #2 starts. I've tried doing the whole "Scoop" thing, but most of the time I can't find where they're at.

Particularly the one titled "Image in the Monitor". I've looked for days and can't find that thing.
    i grab the submachine gun from the bottom of al fresca when im on my way back from the last case with brad in the entrance, then go to the security room, go back to the north plaza and fill up with katana swords, and work my way through wonderland back to the food court, back to al fresca. in the time it takes you to get from the north plaza back to al fresca this way, 3 survivors appear there (2 guys in a womens clothes store and a women in a jewellery store), i save these and make my way back to paradise through the leisure park, where by now the psycho convicts have appeared, i use the sub machine gun to kill them, get a hefty PP award and make my way back to the security room now with 4 survivors, where i get another hefty PP award for bringing 4 people back at once.

its usually late into the night by the time youve done this routine and there should be more survivors cropping up if you wanna go this way, but i usually try and take out the psycho in the gun shop too on the first night and if i get time, go get the maintenence tunnel key from the basement, by the time you've done these, it'll be at least 6am.

as for the "image on the monitor" thing, cant help you there. never done that one myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    ive played through 3 day mode twice now, solving the cases still eludes me but ive got to level 45 lol

hey just out of curiosity, what happens if you miss the helicopter on day 3?

i think im gonna do that this time round if i dont get all the cases.
    you see the chopper guy on a nearby roof looking at the helipad crowded by soldiers and he basically says "tough luck pal" and thats it.

Administrator

England
    you see the chopper guy on a nearby roof looking at the helipad crowded by soldiers and he basically says "tough luck pal" and thats it.
    ok change of plan, im going for zombie genocider. i want that gun.

i figure once i have that, solving all the cases will be a peice of piss.

its 7am on day 2 and i have 17,000 kills. is that good?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just got zombie genocider! W00T! That was pretty fun and didn't take that long. Now I'm just letting Frank stand around the security room for about 28 hours until the game ends that way I can start a fresh game with the M Buster.

If anybody is having trouble getting the zombie genocider here's a little map you should use:

Start with the red car, follow the path on the map, get the delivery van, follow that path to the white car, take that path back outside to a fresh red car and do it all over again. It probably took me about 3 hours to do but for some reason flooring it through tunnels full of zombies (with explosions!) just doesn't get old for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    roughly how long did it take you?, it took me around 2 and a half hours, luckily i have a few cd's on my 360 cus it got tiresome reaaal fast.

but havent you only had this game a few days?, i think theres people on here who got it on release who still aint got that achievement, nice one

Administrator

England
    roughly how long did it take you?, it took me around 2 and a half hours, luckily i have a few cd's on my 360 cus it got tiresome reaaal fast.

but havent you only had this game a few days?, i think theres people on here who got it on release who still aint got that achievement, nice one
    woop ive just unlocked zombie genocider too

now where abouts in the security room is mah gun? cuz i cant find her.. or do i have to finish the game first?

i got about 20 hours of gametime left so i guess i can amuse myself

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You have to let the game end. The gun will be there next time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah around the other side of the machine in the exit area of the room they will be in boxes/paper bags but the buster will be on the floor, its good against bosses but its fire rate is way to slow for a big crowd of zombies.

Administrator

England
    yeah around the other side of the machine in the exit area of the room they will be in boxes/paper bags but the buster will be on the floor, its good against bosses but its fire rate is way to slow for a big crowd of zombies.
    holy schit overtime mode is hard!

ok so ive been on dead rising all day and all night, seriously i started playing when i woke up (about 11am) and im still playing now (its now 4am next day).

i did all the case files, unlocked overtime mode, using my megaman gun, i got through overtime mode without being killed and got the true ending so i now have infinite mode. which im playing now.

only problem is im 2 days into infinite mode, food dosn't respawn AND I CANT SAVE IT!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    y'know overtime mode is like 16 hours of non-stop gameplay.