Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at AMC's The Walking Dead Zombies as Production Begins

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder if the zombie on the right of the picture - with its mouth open - is wearing some kind of thingymajig to spread the lips out like they are in the comics. I'd love to see that 'death smile' thing going on in the TV show.

I'm just over half-way through Vol. 1 (I'm going for "the trade paperbacks" - the 'single story arc, six issue runs') and I'm liking it. The dialogue starts off a bit hokey/unrealistic/blunt/too explanatory at the start, but it seems to be shifting into more realistic territory now.

The content is excellent, mind, and the artwork is tip-top and really imaginative when it comes to the zombies themselves.

I'm just wondering something - which came first - 28 Days Later with Jim waking up in hospital after being in a coma, or Rick in TWD?

In short - I'll keep reading them.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'm just wondering something - which came first - 28 Days Later with Jim waking up in hospital after being in a coma, or Rick in TWD?

In short - I'll keep reading them.
    That'll be 'The Day of the Triffids' that cam first

Seriously though, I think '28 days Later' was out before 'The Walking Dead'.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

Correct. Kirkman writes about the scene and inspiration in the letter column at the end of an issue.

POST #300!!!

Undisclosed

Unhappy wow!

Dam! this shit is still going on? guess were all hard up 4 some really good zombie action!

BTW: the length of this thread makes my shaft look like a peanut! wow!

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

wut? i thought the comic TWD hit stands 20 yrs ago?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post

wut? i thought the comic TWD hit stands 20 yrs ago?
    That was a different comic from around 1989 (same title). Image's The Walking Dead started in 2003.

Administrator

England
    Day on the set (Part 1) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45528
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome report. Can't wait for part 2.

I wish there was some way to find out where all this stuff goes down ahead of time. Sounds like it would be easy to walk up to the set for some pics.

Ireland
    "For those worried that AMC is going to shackle Darabont and his collaborators the only thing I can say is that I was there for one of the earliest scenes of the series and I saw an eight year old zombie girl with her cheek chewed off, teeth showing through, get shot in the head."

Fuck yeh!!!

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United Kingdom
    Love this bit:

"Frank came up and knelt down, shaking her hand and talking to her. Andrew Lincoln came up to speak with her as well, both men trying to put her at ease… you know, before they blow her head off."
    Kill 'em All

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost of war View Post
    love this bit:

"frank came up and knelt down, shaking her hand and talking to her. Andrew lincoln came up to speak with her as well, both men trying to put her at ease… you know, before they blow her head off."
    lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Day on the set (Part 1) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45528
    ...and part 2 - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45540
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    I am properly wetting myself with excitement. As I've said before, if this series is a success, and is as good as it's sounding like it will be, I have very very high hopes that the WWZ movie will be the epic zombie film we're all wanting. Roll on October.
    Kill 'em All

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Too excited.

This quote got me thinking - "Don’t know who else is coming in to direct, but I know the person directing the second episode hails from Canada."

What are the chances that Romero helms an episode? I'm not saying it will or should happen, but with his obvious connections to the genre and Darabont's love for his work.....it's not that hard to imagine. hrmm...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Too excited.

This quote got me thinking - "Don’t know who else is coming in to direct, but I know the person directing the second episode hails from Canada."

What are the chances that Romero helms an episode? I'm not saying it will or should happen, but with his obvious connections to the genre and Darabont's love for his work.....it's not that hard to imagine. hrmm...
    That would rather rock wouldn't it! And get the series some good publicity!
    -Carl Sagan