Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Banned User

United States
    And...don't forget, DJ:

If it wasn't for the success of Dawn 04, the fans never would've got Land of the Dead.

Whether they actually liked it or not.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    very true.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    And...don't forget, DJ:

If it wasn't for the success of Dawn 04, the fans never would've got Land of the Dead.

Success of Yawn'04? It's already in the discount bin at Wal Mart! It's forgotten.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah but it revived intrest in the 'holy trilogy' of zombie films , so its all good, and like romero himself said "the first 15 minutes of dawn (he means yawn 04) were breath taking but the rest of the film...meh".

wise words from a wise man.....with really bad glasses.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Why is that a good point?

Being "let down" by a film simply because of the title is the dumbest reason to trash a film I've ever heard.
    I've heard worse. Besides, people were not let down by it's title but obviously it's legacy as well. You don't slam a title like "Dawn of the Dead", claim it's a remake and then deliver something completly different and expect people to accept the fact that it's a re-imagination. OBVIOUSLY, people are going to have expactations, and obviously alot of them are going to be let down. In this case more so, since it strays completly from the source material.

That statement might apply to the people posting here, and the die-hard GAR fans at large...but the general public (and most horror fans by and large) didn't care--and the film was a success that brought in a whole new fan base for the zombie genre who ultimately prefered the remake to the slow-moving original.
    Yeah, the film was a success. So?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I've heard worse. Besides, people were not let down by it's title but obviously it's legacy as well. You don't slam a title like "Dawn of the Dead", claim it's a remake and then deliver something completly different
    Ummmm, Zack Snyder never said DAWN 2004 was a remake. He always called it a re-envisioning. He was very straight forward about that.

So your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    yeah but it revived intrest in the 'holy trilogy' of zombie films , so its all good, and like romero himself said "the first 15 minutes of dawn (he means yawn 04) were breath taking but the rest of the film...meh".

wise words from a wise man.....with really bad glasses.
    Yet the man can't seem to do the same thing for his film LAND. Where was the kick ass 10-15 minute opening? Strange. He sang some praise to DAWN2004, but he couldn't pull off a decent follow up to his own legacy. It's a friggin shame really.

Maybe he should stay in the underground. He stuff was 20 times better.

And...don't forget, DJ:

Exactly. DAWN 2004 paved the way for LAND to be made. Show some friggin respect to DAWN 04, otherwise you would have no LOTD to praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Success of Yawn'04? It's already in the discount bin at Wal Mart! It's forgotten.

So is LOTD. I see more used copies of LOTD at Gamestop than I do the DAWN remake.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 10-May-2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Ummmm, Zack Snyder never said DAWN 2004 was a remake. He always called it a re-envisioning. He was very straight forward about that.

So your argument is invalid.
    What Zack Snyder called the film and what the film was marketed/hyped as are two different things. He could have called it a comedy if he wanted too, still would have been an attempted remake of an old zombie flick.

Also, I'm pretty sure Resident Evil and 28 Days Later hade a greater influence on Land's eventual greenlit than Dawn 04 had. And Land is still superior to that film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    What Zack Snyder called the film and what the film was marketed/hyped as are two different things. He could have called it a comedy if he wanted too, still would have been an attempted remake of an old zombie flick.

Also, I'm pretty sure Resident Evil and 28 Days Later hade a greater influence on Land's eventual greenlit than Dawn 04 had. And Land is still superior to that film.

Resident Evil 1 had no impact because that was a flop in the USA
    28 Days later helped a bit, but DAWN04 was the majoring contributing factor.

DAWN 2004 was never marketed as remake, nor hyped as a remake. It was the zombie/GAR fanboys who typecast the film that way. Not once during the entire marketing campaign for the film did it say REMAKE. The media and people like DAWN04 haters typecast the film as a remake.

Your arguments are invalid dude.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Resident Evil 1 had no impact because that was a flop in the USA
    28 Days later helped a bit, but DAWN04 was the majoring contributing factor.

DAWN 2004 was never marketed as remake, nor hyped as a remake. It was the zombie/GAR fanboys who typecast the film that way. Not once during the entire marketing campaign for the film did it say REMAKE. The media and people like DAWN04 haters typecast the film as a remake.

Well, I hate the film (Yawn'04) because it's predictable and boring.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Well, I hate the film (Yawn'04) because it's predictable and boring.

Now that i am cool with.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Now that i am cool with.
    I've watched it. I've tried to like it. I just can't.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    same here, except, the opening, just like romero, form the opening screens to when she crashes her car its all gold the town beeing overrun cars crashing on the highway and the bus driver pulling her out her car was all fantastic, but after she got out here car it whent downhill so fast it was like a fat chick off a diving board.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

I wonder how a zombie film called "Dawn of the Dead" is not marketed as a remake. That's got to be a feat, if anything.

Seriously, the film is considered a remake, and it was hyped as a remake. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    u-huh, saying "reinventing" just makes it sound like youve improved upon it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Re-imagining"?....

I wonder if guys that are busted at a car chop shop would say the same thing.

"I'm not stealing it for parts, officer.....I'm re-imagining it...."