Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man this really should have online co-op.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aww hell yeah.

There's a couple of patches in the trailer that could do with a bit more spiffing up, like Ecto-1 driving on a street, it looks like its skating on ice or floating on air, and could do with a bit more depth - better shadow work perhaps.

Same goes for the blue whoosh of stuff near the start, that could do with being spruced up some more, but I'd imagine they'd be doing that kinda thing in the next few months prior to release, the old spit & polish so-to-speak.

I thought the blue thing(made me think of the first Xmen film) looked pretty damn cool. The Ecto did look a bit funny, but come on man! Look at those shots near the end with all the guys in a line firing their packs. It looks just like the films!

Anyway, I don't know if they're doing anymore work on the game or not. I think it's most likely finished and they're waiting to release it. Some of the people that are "in the know" lurk around GB forums, so i'll see if they're doing any more polishing on the game.

BTW....A new article in which the writer played a new level was just released. Apparently the GBs go through the portal to hell just like in Aykroyd/Ramis' GB3.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah yeah true, the game could well be finished, I'd forgotten about the fuss that's happened with it recently - but good on Atari for picking it up, they're got a surefire hit there I think - and hope.

Not major gripes, just things that I'd change or tweak if I was in charge of the game anyway - but it's not all about graphics of course, a superb playing experience can set that sort of sh*t aside - although you do wonder if a smidge of it is down to it also being on the PS2?

The Wii and DS obviously have totally different versions, but the PS2 will be a downgraded version of the proper one I'd imagine, but that would no doubt mean certain things that pull you down as a developer a little bit - but like I said, looks ain't everything. The most important thing is great gameplay, sweet controls, and a super-fun-happy-time.

I look forward to getting my mits on it and having a right old "back in the day" sesh.

Canada
    This looks pretty much sub par, really.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really doubt they would make a trailer with clips from a system that isn't PS3 or 360, ya know? So I'm thinking that what we see here is what we get. I'm sure to some gamers it'll turn into a "These graphics suck, this control is f*cked up, etc", but to me, I just look forward to seeing the characters again. Sure, gameplay and graphics are important to games, but as i've said before....this is essentially the third film. That's what excites me the most.

Playing along will be a damn fine treat, but just seeing those characters come to life again is going to be totally worth the money, imo.

Now i've got to get on Xbox Live so I can get the demo...

Mo - Sub par? I'm not much of a gamer, but I've played some greats and that looks pretty good to me. Even if the graphics aren't the best around(which I never really expected them to be), it's not the way things look. It's the story and gameplay.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Dec-2008 at 09:48 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    whilst the graphics are crappy the character models are moving better than average, maybe thats why the car appears to be floating, theyve spent more time on the character models.

Super Moderator

United States
    Hey, it looks good to me, but I'd like a better feel for actual gameplay graphics. The voice over dude in that trailer was a bit...off sounding to me, but that's a minor aesthetic preference.

Overall, bring it on!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some high quality screen grabs...

Sub Par? riiiiight.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hate to say it bassman but yeah, they arent that great, high res screen shots aint always the ones ya brag with yknow?

ever consider you could be slightly, ever so slightly, biased towards defending the game?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hate to say it bassman but yeah, they arent that great, high res screen shots aint always the ones ya brag with yknow?

ever consider you could be slightly, ever so slightly, biased towards defending the game?

Of course I am. I know i'm defending it a bit, but what's not great about those? They look as good as any other game out there. Honestly....tell me what's wrong with them. Even if I weren't a GB fan I would say they look great...
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Dec-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Canada
    I could post some screen shots comparing that too Gears of War 2, but i don't think i will.

When I said sub par, I ment for the game as a whole, not just graphically. But since we're on that subject... The character models are nice, but everything else looks a little on the ugly side.

capncnut
    Those FMV screengrabs look like Xbox 1 graphics to me...

...but I'm still looking forward to it as the early gameplay videos looked awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore gamer and don't play games all the time, but I think you guys are friggin insane.

Everyone seems to be creaming their pants over Left 4 Dead, but this looks just as good as that. If not better...

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Maybe it's because i'm not a hardcore gamer and don't play games all the time, but I think you guys are friggin insane.

Everyone seems to be creaming their pants over Left 4 Dead, but this looks just as good as that. If not better...

meh, different tastes i guess. I never liked ghost busters (**** storm approaching) and left 4 dead is reall fun, especially with some buddies to play with.

we'll wait and see for now though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

its because left 4 dead using lighting and layer blending to create the illusion of depth and definition, these screen caps look like someone made a detialed model and slapped a paint by numbers 1 tone texture on em "light brown for in the light parts of the suit, dark brown for shadowy"

though graphics dont make a game, i still have high hopes from the fact they got em together agin alone.