View Poll Results: WHAT MOVIE SHOULD LOU & DEEJ RECORD A LOVE/HATE COMMENTARY FOR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAND of the DEAD (2005)

5 27.78%
  • TREMORS (1990)

7 38.89%
  • BUBBA HO-TEP

1 5.56%
  • SURVIVAL of the DEAD

2 11.11%
  • THE DEVIL's REJECTS

1 5.56%
  • FRIDAY THE 13th 1-4 & 6 (no 5, 7-10)

0 0%
  • HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL (1999 version)

0 0%
  • RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2

1 5.56%
  • A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)

0 0%
  • ALIENS

1 5.56%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Deej & lou movie commentary thread - pick the movie

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Okay, it's official. We did not watch the same movie. I'm referring to this film right here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418819/

Got released in 2005. It's not really supposed to show a world as much populated by the dead (but if that's what you want, the excellent opening shows that off), but rather the focus is put on a world in advanced decay. George A. Romero directed.

If we're talking about the same film, I'm sorry the "zombie" quota wasn't filled to your satisfaction. I certainly felt the decayness of Land more than I felt anything at all from Dawn 04. Opinions, eh...

Oh we watched the same movie... or at least I think we did. BTW, that opening was not excellent, infact it was total crap. Something I noted right off the bat in our commentary. I picked and discussed everything wrong with it.

Unless... Hey wait a minute... Do you have a non shitty version the rest of the world doesn't know about? If so, share that mutherfucker because what is out there right now masquerading as Land of the Dead is total crap.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 20-May-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Unless... Hey wait a minute... Do you have a non shitty version the rest of the world doesn't know about? If so, share that mutherfucker because what is out there right now masquerading as Land of the Dead is total crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok... so we can all breathe easier and no one has any hurt feelings, Land of the Dead was the second most voted film to be commented on by Lou and I, and as promised we did do the commentary and at no time did we promise we would love it, in fact we pretty much admitted the commentary would be a hate fest, but I would like to note that we did point out some cool aspects of Land of the Dead, while also pointing out what was wrong with the film.

I believe I noted poor camera angles, poor acting, poor direction, poor use of filters, but I also noted my favorite lines, what i thought was cool, what worked and what didn't.

You guys are focusing too much on the fact we considered the film not EPIC enough, and as I noted if you're going to title a film LAND of the DEAD well I don't know about you but to me that is a tile that screams EPIC to me.

Now I will say some parts of the city life in pittsburgh where the survivors held up was done very well and I believe I noted this in our commentary, but the rest of the film didn't match up to the superb visuals in those city scenes.

It just seems like a majority of the production was rushed and half assed and the mismatch of shots and other items just makes LAND, in my opinion a total mess.

So let's all agree that my opinion doesn't reflect the opinions of zombie fans on HPotD, or its affiliates or whatever.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys are focusing too much on the fact we considered the film not EPIC enough, and as I noted if you're going to title a film LAND of the DEAD well I don't know about you but to me that is a tile that screams EPIC to me.
    That's what makes me mad about the original Dawn. You see the zombies in the dawn for only a few minutes! Don't even get me started with Day and the dark cave.

And was anyone else let down with the fact that you're never taught how to kill a mocking bird in To Kill A Mockingbird?

Just busting your balls, guys...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's what makes me mad about the original Dawn. You see the zombies in the dawn for only a few minutes! Don't even get me started with Day and the dark cave.

And was anyone else let down with the fact that you're never taught how to kill a mocking bird in To Kill A Mockingbird?

Just busting your balls, guys...

Canada
    Hey, don't forget that Dawn of the Dead hardly has any Dawn in the thing. Like seriously, we see the sun rise for all of 5 seconds AT THE END NO LESS. Fucking Romero, what a piece of shit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well there are two definitions for DAWN and I know you're just busting balls, but he is using the definition of DAWN as the beginning of something.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Well there are two definitions for DAWN and I know you're just busting balls, but he is using the definition of DAWN as the beginning of something.
    -as he was using the definition of land of the dead to show that humans were the minority now and the zombies where the majority, trying to live like they used to, fhnaar, fhnaar wot-wot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    -as he was using the definition of land of the dead to show that humans were the minority now and the zombies where the majority, trying to live like they used to, fhnaar, fhnaar wot-wot.
    The zombies were the majority? Really? In what scene?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ya know....this "lack of zombies" thing got me thinking. Was there a lack of zombies? Look at these screencaps. This is without a doubt the most EVER seen in a Romero dead film....

It may have not felt like enough, but it's got to be the most in a Romero film. Day being a close second.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First 2 are CG shots, you can tell because the zombies are the same height as Big Daddy yet are in deeper water, and most likely shouldn't even have emerged yet.

Last one was a group of 81 zombies on set that night.

the zombies walking from the river in reverse is a CG shot as well. Just done better
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What does it matter if the background zombies are cgi???? It doesn't matter if they're real, cgi, or friggin shadow puppets. They're in the very back and you can't see them anyway. Your complaint wasn't about whether they were cgi or real, your complaint was that there aren't enough zombies. To me....those pictures show lots of zombies.

Does Dr. Tongue not count as a zombie because he was a puppet?

United States
    Yeah!

Do zombie puppets count, Deej?

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok, so two shots out of 97 minutes of movie.

Where were all the zombies during the raid on Uniontown?

Where were all the zombies when Big Daddy and his posse were cutting down the wooden walls to get to the green?

Where were all the zombies when....

Yep I think that about covers it
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Where were all the zombies during the raid on Uniontown?
    What makes you think there would be hoardes of zombies in a small town like that? In a world where the dead have taken over, why would they all go to a small town with one gas station and a hole-in-the-wall liquor store? Besides....we know from Dawn and Day that the dead would most likely stick to places they remember. So a small town leads to a small population, correct? What did you expect? Shoulder-to-shoulder zombies in a town smaller than Mayberry?

Where were all the zombies when Big Daddy and his posse were cutting down the wooden walls to get to the green?
    Well...I suppose you could count this as having few zombies. But I was under the impression that it was Big Daddy's gang. Those select few that were following his orders. They just opened the doors for the hundereds that would stumble upon it later.