Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    God....it still amazes me how some people just REFUSE to believe that other people may have opinions that differ from their's. And then they throw out things like "Romero Goggles", "Fanboys", etc.

You would think this tired and worn out debate would have been over years ago. Now it's just like TBS Superstation....nothing but re-runs of the same old sh*t...
    Bass is right here y'all. I personally love the movie, but I respect other people's opinions on the movie. I don't see what they don't like. .but that's not for me to see. Just like the Land debate. Drop it. And realize people don't always share the same opinion.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I respect peples opinions but find it hard pressed to accept the hate for Dawn 04.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Bass is right here y'all. I personally love the movie, but I respect other people's opinions on the movie. I don't see what they don't like. .but that's not for me to see. Just like the Land debate. Drop it. And realize people don't always share the same opinion.

I think the trouble comes when people state their opinions as fact. Like dawn, 04' sucks period. I'm in the dawn 04' camp but saying that either of these movies suck is wrong because that's not the case. Are they Picassos, no. But as i stated before, aside from romero films, name 5 better undisputably ones.... STILL WAITING.

For, further clarity on the subject, lets consider the fact that there are 30% of us that actually like George W. Bush and approve of the job he's doing ( i know ) Need i say more?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But as i stated before, aside from romero films, name 5 better undisputably ones.... STILL WAITING.
    Here's my list of 5 movies that I like better then Dawn'04.

1.Shaun Of The Dead
    2.The Dead Next Door
    3.Return Of The Living Dead
    4.Dead Alive
    5.28 Days Later

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post

1.Shaun Of The Dead
    2.The Dead Next Door
    4.Dead Alive
    5.28 Days Later
    Ummmm. . . really?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

1.Shaun Of The Dead
    2.The Dead Next Door
    4.Dead Alive
    5.28 Days Later
    28 day is not a zombie film so that doesn't count although it's undoubtedly a better film. I'll also conceed shaun to you. You would have a tough time finding a consensus on the other three. I would conceed ROTLD as well, but then bassman would flame me so i'd rather not.

I would say the other two are merely your opinion which you're entitled to by the way.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Ummmm. . . really?
    Oh come on,The Dead Next Door was a great zombie movie.

United States
    It was a good bad zombie movie. Not in the same ballpark as Dawn 04.

United States
    It was a good bad zombie movie. Not in the same ballpark as Dawn 04.
    Well I enjoyed The Dead Next Door a lot more then I did Dawn'04.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I enjoyed The Dead Next Door a lot more then I did Dawn'04.
    Same here actually ... no bull poopy either. I also see TDND as a far more well intentioned film, and is a much more inspiring piece of filmmaking, a bunch of dudes out there with an 8mm camera, funded by proceeds from Evil Dead 2, making a properly indie flick.

Yawn04 - churned out turd from the remake factory of unoriginality and piss-poor writing.

That's my view at least...

United States
    What about Night 90? I personally don't like it but, I always hear people say how great it is.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What about Night 90? I personally don't like it but, I always hear people say how great it is.
    I thought Night'90 was a great movie.It stayed very true to the original,and it didn't hurt that Gar was involved with the movie either.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    , a bunch of dudes out there with an 8mm camera, funded by proceeds from Evil Dead 2, making a properly indie flick.

I had always heard that they filmed the whole thing on Camcorder. Videotape.

I liked the movie too. But it was a no budget z-movie. Not a serious zombie movie either. Almost a spoof really.

But. . as has been said before. . opinions are like assholes.

Besides, he said undisputably better ones. While there are quite a few people that may not like Dawn 04 much. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a majority of people that like The Dead Next Door better than Dawn '04.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But as i stated before, aside from romero films, name 5 better undisputably ones.... STILL WAITING.
    :
    Last edited by clanglee; 25-Sep-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Besides, he said undisputably better ones. While there are quite a few people that may not like Dawn 04 much. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a majority of people that like The Dead Next Door better than Dawn '04.
    True, but it's a minority I'm proud to be a part of.

Nope - TDND was definitely shot on 8mm, on the DVD it's all proven - as well as just watching the film itself, you can tell - but they talk about how some shots were damaged, and how they went about restoring the prints etc.

Now, the likes of Meat Market - that is filmed on video.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I've watched that more than the original 68 version, it's a great remake IMO. Tony Todd just rules in that movie.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon