Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Canada
    the fact that he punches the fuck out of a boulder and gets it to roll proves that he automatically wins in any Leon Vs Chris stuff.

Like, jesus man, how nuts is that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    the fact that he punches the fuck out of a boulder and gets it to roll proves that he automatically wins in any Leon Vs Chris stuff.

Like, jesus man, how nuts is that?
    oh yeah, damn that was funny.

capncnut
    Forest Speyer.

Undisclosed
    Well I finished collecting all achievements and getting a 100% completion... Im fairly surprised at the level of anger from people whom are fans of 4... I could understand being ticked if you were not of fan of 4 or never played it.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Canada

here's the part btw.

my god is he ever manly in this game. he looked like dweeb in the resident evil remake.

United States
    So...should this be a rent/buy tonight? I have all the other RE games BUT usually wait until the price declines.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    So...should this be a rent/buy tonight? I have all the other RE games BUT usually wait until the price declines.
    is it worth 20?, yeah, but is it worth 40?, not unless you've got a good friend to play the game together with form start to finish.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    That's just silly...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    What a disappointment, your better off sticking to RE4 for single player, RE4's set piece action, bosses and such are superior. And for some co-op zombie action your better off with Left 4 Dead. Four years of anticipation wasted.

Well, atleast the achievements are easy to get. lol

This might be the first game since Oblivion where I'm able to get every achievement.

Also, I know it's a little thing, but i prefered the treasures in RE 4 where you would find something and then have to get a bunch of jewels that fit into it thus making it worth more.

Hell, on that note, doesn't anyone else miss the creepy merchant dude or the inventory system?

Last edited by darth los; 19-Mar-2009 at 05:42 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    yes, but it isn't stupid silly like some of the stuff you see in other resident evil games.

Jill sandwich and master of unlocking spring to mind, as well as the majority of the dialogue/voice acting in resident evil 1, 2, and 3. Oh, and Outbreak was just annoying, even though I loved the games.

Four had Salazar, the Salazar statue...that was probably the biggest wtf, that is retarded moment in that game. This has Chris beating the hell out of a rock...that I've seen this far anyways. Oh, and that Irving guy. He sounds worse then Salazar ever did imho. Maybe I am just attached because me and the protagonist of RE5 share the same name, but my God, I both laughed and went fuck yea, that was awesome when he punched the hell out of that rock.

hmm...think I am gonna plug the Gamecube back in and play through Resident Evil 1 remake, and Resident evil 4 again.

also watching Resident Evil Apocalypse....ugh, thank God the Actress they got to play Jill is attractive.

edit

"I just had an Extreme Make OVA". Cringe worthy indeed mister Irving.
    Last edited by mista_mo; 19-Mar-2009 at 04:33 PM.

United States
    Finished it last night and clocked in at around 18 hours. That part with the boulder punching was hilarious Played a bit of Mercenaries mode last night too, I can tell I'll be sinking a lot of time in to it.

Yeah darth, you have to wonder why there isn't just a "Sell all treasures" option to streamline things since you can't combine them. Although I miss the merchant character, it's nice that you can upgrade and buy any gun at any point in the game. I love the realtime inventory system, though. I put all my weapons and grenades on Up, Down, Left and Right so that I can switch to them on the fly with the d-pad like in Gears of War.

Now to start on Professional and find all 30 BSAA emblems.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 19-Mar-2009 at 04:31 PM.

United States
    Anybody for a go on Veteran?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Finished it last night and clocked in at around 18 hours. That part with the boulder punching was hilarious Played a bit of Mercenaries mode last night too, I can tell I'll be sinking a lot of time in to it.

Yeah darth, you have to wonder why there isn't just a "Sell all treasures" option to streamline things since you can't combine them. Although I miss the merchant character, it's nice that you can upgrade and buy any gun at any point in the game. I love the realtime inventory system, though. I put all my weapons and grenades on Up, Down, Left and Right so that I can switch to them on the fly with the d-pad like in Gears of War.

Now to start on Professional and find all 30 BSAA emblems.
    Well, i guess that's one thing that can be said for this game is like all other RE games the replay value is through the roof. I can't say that I dislike this game, I just like 4 better. I'm sure It'll grow on me though.

There's an article I read A few years back, can't remember where though. It said something to the effect of "RE 4 is white knuckle action the whole way though". RE 5. Just doesn't feel that way to me.

Nothing made me shit my pants like dropping in that pit and having to deal will 2 chainsaw sisters, being in a locked room with "it" or the first time I encountered the blind dude with the wolverine claws who was locked away in the dungeon/ jail. It just seemed like there was some impossible obstacle to overcome at every turn. I didn't feel that way in 5.

Last edited by darth los; 19-Mar-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Anybody for a go on Veteran?
    I wouldnt mind helping if ya need a "partner"... disfunktional is my gamertag.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, i guess that's one thing that can be said for this game is like all other RE games the replay value is through the roof. I can't say that I dislike this game, I just like 4 better. I'm sure It'll grow on me though.

There's an article I read A few years back, can't remember where though. It said something to the effect of "RE 4 is white knuckle action the whole way though". RE 5. Just doesn't feel that way to me.

Nothing made me shit my pants like dropping in that pit and having to deal will 2 chainsaw sisters, being in a locked room with "it" or the first time I encountered the blind dude with the wolverine claws who was locked away in the dungeon/ jail. It just seemed like there was some impossible obstacle to overcome at every turn. I didn't feel that way in 5.

Play it on professional.... I started the game on vet to start with and there where more then enough challenges. I heard from many people a complaint on dead space that it was to easy ... When I asked everyone whom was complaining what setting they where playing the universal answer was "easy"... Vet is the equivalent of normal on past Resident evil games... The other setting are for cas gamers, these other setting are so the game has a broader appeal.
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 19-Mar-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Hell, on that note, doesn't anyone else miss the creepy merchant dude
    What're ya buyin?!?!