Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: "Duke Nukem Forever" not dead?

England
    A friend of mine has been playing the full game today and seems to be really enjoying it (he's got a cracked/leaked version from somewhere) so maybe theres hope yet!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    A friend of mine has been playing the full game today and seems to be really enjoying it (he's got a cracked/leaked version from somewhere) so maybe theres hope yet!
    LOL! Someone playing the cracked version before us legit owners even get their copies switched on

ps: Don't forget XBox owners can play as soon as they get it! Has he got a 360?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    LOL! Someone playing the cracked version before us legit owners even get their copies switched on

ps: Don't forget XBox owners can play as soon as they get it! Has he got a 360?
    He's got it on PS3, downloaded the game (and probably paid for it) but somehow got round the activation thing, his facebook has been full of Duke one liners all afternoon!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll still play it when it's on the cheap, but I figured the demo (which did seem awfully familiar) wouldn't be a true reflection of the game itself - even if the game doesn't end up being particularly great.

Administrator

England
    Just heard someone else's opinion, and they're horrified at the quality of it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I dont know what people are moaning about or what people were expecting, I think this Duke game rocks! I bought it at the weekend & have been having great fun on it, its old skool Duke with the one liners, the boobs, the gags, the over the top action. Some reviewers have been saying the graphics are old, but it still looks pretty current gen to me, graphically very similar to Bad Company 2. PC gamer seem to like it anyway http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/10/du...orever-review/

Administrator

England
    Yep... I'm enjoying it too!

The only thing that annoyed me were the terrible attempts at titillation, which failed badly due to the poor graphics and animation (compared to modern engines). The women were actually slight scary to look at

Personally, I hope they do another Duke game with a modern engine...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I love the opening credits, when Duke rolls the dice & then starts blasting aliens to the original soundtrack, I was almost punching the air!

Super Moderator

UK
    I love the opening credits, when Duke rolls the dice & then starts blasting aliens to the original soundtrack, I was almost punching the air!
    That was the one bit of the demo video that I saw online that I really dug.

I've heard that the early portion of the game isn't much cop, but it gets better as it goes along. One day I'll play it, as I keep saying, but I ain't paying £40 for a game that should have been out a decade ago. Besides, I'm all about Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare at the moment.

Administrator

England
    Here's a list of some reviews:-
    AusGamers 5/10
    bit-gamer 50%
    Eurogamer 3/10
    D-Pad 2/5
    GameReactor (German) 5/10
    GameStar (German) 68 / 100
    Guardian.co.uk 2/5
    IGN 5.5/10
    PalGN 5/10
    PCGames (German) 81%
    PC Gamer 80/100
    TheSixthAxis 5/10
    Thunderbolt 8/10

The lower ones I'd suggest are unfair!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I'd say they were unfair too, its a decent solid shooter & more fun than most. I put Duke Nukem 3D from '96 in my PS2 at the weekend just to remind myself what the original Duke FPS game was like, and its actually not as fun as I remember, I was reminded that I always hated the spaceport levels, and some of it was too hard to be fun. The first chapter and the plug & pray levels being the best. I think Duke Nukem Forevers only crime is that it has been released at a time when its extremely difficult to impress with games. Highly interactive and explorable environments, bad language, good graphics and decent AI have all become the norm in any modern game, and these were all pioneering features that made Duke 3D stand out among the crowd back in the 90's.

Administrator

England
    Over 1.5M copies sold so far...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/duke_...s_analyst.html

Let's hope this merits a properly managed sequel!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here's a list of some reviews:-
    AusGamers 5/10
    bit-gamer 50%
    Eurogamer 3/10
    D-Pad 2/5
    GameReactor (German) 5/10
    GameStar (German) 68 / 100
    Guardian.co.uk 2/5
    IGN 5.5/10
    PalGN 5/10
    PCGames (German) 81%
    PC Gamer 80/100
    TheSixthAxis 5/10
    Thunderbolt 8/10

The lower ones I'd suggest are unfair!
    I'd suggest that the two that gave eights are on the payroll.

I haven't played it but i have watched about 10 minutes of GP footage and it was unwatchable.

Over 1.5M copies sold so far...
    Nothing more than a testament to the power of name recognition.

Last edited by darth los; 20-Jun-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Well I just completed this, fuck the haters, I had a blast! Its still a proper Duke game as far as I'm concerned
    Some cool features unlocked after completing the game too, like a Duke soundboard, development history, and loads of trailers dating back over 15 years showing various builds of the game on different engines

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'd suggest that the two that gave eights are on the payroll.

I haven't played it...
    So you haven't played it... Which makes you more qualified how?

-- -------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Well I just completed this, fuck the haters, I had a blast! Its still a proper Duke game as far as I'm concerned
    Some cool features unlocked after completing the game too, like a Duke soundboard, development history, and loads of trailers dating back over 15 years showing various builds of the game on different engines
    Yeh, it's a pretty fun ride isn't it
    -Carl Sagan