Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any "old timer members" still here?

Undisclosed

Any "old timer members" still here?

Forgive me for being self indugent. I was a member here a decade ago by the name of Crappingbear. For whatever reasons, when Neil made all the nifty dandy improvements I never could register or post. Finally, things seem to work. Are any of the old guard still here or have all sadly gone by the wayside?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I vaguely remember your screen-name from the days when I was a mere lurker, back in the days before you actually had to register to post. I have also, recently, seen a lot of people mention you around here in the context of "One of these days Crappingbear's is gonna walk through that door and all will be well with the world". So I would expect quite a reaction to this thread once the penny drops with the rest of the old timers.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I vaguely remember your screen-name from the days when I was a mere lurker, back in the days before you actually had to register to post. I have also, recently, seen a lot of people mention you around here in the context of "One of these days Crappingbear's is gonna walk through that door and all will be well with the world". So I would expect quite a reaction to this thread once the penny drops with the rest of the old timers.

I am indeed the old school Manitou Crappingbear risen once again. Are any of my old friends still here?

In penance I give you Johnny Clegg from South Africa with Great Heart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_9xtCbRgH4
    Last edited by Safari Mike; 08-Feb-2009 at 11:33 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Safari Mike View Post
    Forgive me for being self indugent. I was a member here a decade ago by the name of Crappingbear. For whatever reasons, when Neil made all the nifty dandy improvements I never could register or post. Finally, things seem to work. Are any of the old guard still here or have all sadly gone by the wayside?
    Holy schnilkes! Crappingbear rides again! Welcome back brother! Funny you should post this question! We were just talking about ye olde guard HERE:http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...referrerid=106

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Holy schnilkes! Crappingbear rides again! Welcome back brother! Funny you should post this question! We were just talking about ye olde guard HERE:http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...referrerid=106
    Ive missed you guys. Hopefully I wont let you down so the new blood thinks wth?

Dying

Undisclosed
    Welcome back CB! No discussion of BBQ's has been the same without your input and guidance. BTW, I still use your 'Like a chicken on a junebug' comment at every opportunity.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Undisclosed
    Ah, the old chicken on the june bug. Good stuff. Version 2.O is "like a rat on a cheeto".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this is eerie, mention someone and they appear.

its like the ring meets field of dreams.

-which would be a kickass movie in retrospect.

Undisclosed
    Let's see...I started visiting this site back in highschool, which was back in '02. So seven years I guess makes me an old timer. I think I remember you.

God I feel old.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Didn't there used to be someone on here called "I'd Salute You Bub!"? For some reason, that nickname always tickled me.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Safari Mike View Post
    Been here almost forever, I guess, though everytime the boards recycle it keeps shunting me back to Fresh Kill status.
    Still, welcome back.

Wayne Z
    "This ain't no creature double feature or midnight horror flick, babe. "

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Didn't there used to be someone on here called "I'd Salute You Bub!"? For some reason, that nickname always tickled me.
    2Tall2Slow2 was the one that always cracked me up.

United States
    Crapping bear I remember you well, I made a signature for you, and we had a lot of great discussions back in the day with the old school board members.

I will miss your old name though.

I myself took a break for a while after it got way too political around here, but I find that you can come home and there were some of the old guard and a lot of new faces with a lot to offer to great zombie discussions.

It's a great community.

IdSaluteYou Bub or however it was spelled was a great screen name I seem to recall him as a younger guy.
    Last edited by Thorn; 09-Feb-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Edit to add

Undisclosed
    I remember the Crappinbear!!!

Sup man...
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Canada
    Every once and a while :P I remember you Crappingbear
    "I like swinging my sword in battle" - Guts (Berserk)

"Your one, big, ugly, mother fu*ker" - Danny Glover