Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamer Decades

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Gamer Decades

This is a cool little trip down memory lane. It actualy reminded me of some stuff that has long since left my memory bank. Enjoy.

(Dreamcast even gets a bum rap in this one. WTF MAN !?!) It definitely seems to be the rodney Dangerfield of gaming consoles. ( It gets no respect for those either not in the know or those too young to know know what the fuck a Rodney Dangerfield even is ! )

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1057013p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Holy crap, I never heard of the Fairchild F before

Woooweee, lookitthatthang!

Looks like something that should play your 8-track tapes of Air Supply

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

PS--That " 'your' 8-track tapes of Air Supply" is meant in a general, metaphorical sense of the word you/r. I do not think you have 8-track tapes of Air Supply hanging around...unless you actually do...?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    [/COLOR]PS--That " 'your' 8-track tapes of Air Supply" is meant in a general, metaphorical sense of the word you/r. I do not think you have 8-track tapes of Air Supply hanging around...unless you actually do...?

So what if i do ?

But tell me that thing doesn't look like they chopped Darth Vader's head off and made into a crappy console.

And what the hell is that peripheral all about? You mean to tell me consoles came with butt plugs back in the day?

Last edited by darth los; 30-Dec-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

And what the hell is that peripheral all about? You mean to tell me consoles came with butt plugs back in the day?
    It was the 70s, they were giving them away at banks when you open a savings account, along with some blow and a case of herpes.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    here's one that will take some of you down memory lane:

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Those old game boxes certainly had some interesting art on the cover, huh?

They were probably made by the same dudes who used to draw fabio on romance novel covers.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    They were probably made by the same dudes who used to draw fabio on romance novel covers.

Let's not go THERE:

capncnut
    Dragon 32, mate.

Dragon Quest was the shit!

United States

The C64 was what I did 95% of gaming on for years. What an exciting present that was to open back in the day. Could you believe the damned thing cost almost $400.00 back then?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's crazy how that price point doesn't change very much, huh?

It seems as if they only come out with new systems because the older ones have depreciated and they need new ones to justify that $400 tag.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    here's another one i spent eons of time playing when i was a kid:

i think that of all the old school game systems i played, this was my favorite.
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-Dec-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    Still have mine, just can't part with it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That controller was classic!! Especially for pong, it was like it was custom built for that game.

And another thing from a bygone era is: Remember when consoles actually came with free games? What was the last console to do that by the way?

capncnut
    And another thing from a bygone era is: Remember when consoles actually came with free games? What was the last console to do that by the way?
    Nintendo Wii.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Nintendo Wii.
    LOL! Yep. There's quite a few PSP 3000 hardbundles doing the rounds these days too - one comes with Invisimals and a PSP camera.