Thread: Zombie Modes in Gaming… Dead Boring?

UK

Zombie Modes in Gaming… Dead Boring?

Interesting little article on IGN.

When there's no more creativity in games development... The dead will walk the earth.
    http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1136931p1.html

Not that anyone on here is even remotely interested in zombies or anything...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yep got old real fast. best ones left 4 dead and like i said to some of you during a l4d game the other day you could make them werewolves or aliens or some shit and it would be exactly the same. its just a skin mode thats very overused.

Super Moderator

UK
    In general, yes, it's bandwagon has been jumped on so readily that the wheels have fallen off.

Does that mean I'm done with zombies in videogames per se? No.

Rather looking forward to RDR:UN on disc, so I am. I've never been fussed with the COD:WAW zombie mode - played it once and didn't much care for it (no doubt will do the same when I get the new COD sometime) - never played any L4D in my life, but to be fair those are actual zombie games (even if the fuckers run, and have big fat ones, and witches, and bile-spewing ones and such).

Zombie modes - yeah - it's generally tired. As are all these mini games using zombies (there's a shit-ton of online shooters out there with zombies in them ... dime-a-dozen, so they are) ... what's not tired (yet) are proper zombie games. L4D fills one market, Dead Rising 1 and 2 fill another ... but, yet again, we don't have a properly good zombie game (I refer back to the idea of 'Fallout 3 with shambler zombies').

United States
    Maybe it's a reaction to how much most people seemed to hate RE5.
    Why not zombify a game you love? I enjoy watching my kid obliterate Nazi zombies. I may have to hook him up on the Red Dead zombie thang. They should zombify everything...