Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THEY WON'T STAY DEAD! Music from the Soundtrack of NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD

Undisclosed

THEY WON'T STAY DEAD! Music from the Soundtrack of NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD

Nobody here will probably care about this since it has nothing to do with stockpiling firearms, but what the hey...

Featuring all-new digitally restored audio, this is the most comprehensive music score ever released in any format for George A. Romero's modern horror classic. Available on May 4, 2010.

Amazon link here (additional vendor links coming soon).

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Interesting, so this is to Night what the Dawn of the Dead Incidental Music album was to Dawn, right? By that, I mean someone spent months/years trawling through DeWolfe archives listening to every track from the era to find the ones used in the film? That's pretty cool.

The Night soundtrack is, for some reason, not as iconic as Dawn's, for me, but it would still be an awesome thing to have.

Undisclosed

Finally the ultimate soundtrack for this film...

Super Moderator

United States
    Ah, music to clean gunz to!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    that price looks a bit steep, but given how much of a fan i am of the film, i imagine i'll order it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Interesting, so this is to Night what the Dawn of the Dead Incidental Music album was to Dawn, right? By that, I mean someone spent months/years trawling through DeWolfe archives listening to every track from the era to find the ones used in the film? That's pretty cool..
    Close, but not quite. This NIGHT CD features all of the library music used in the film except for one partial cue that has never been found. The DAWN CD features about 50% of the library music used in that film.

Secondly, there were no archives to trawl through because Capitol Hi-Q no longer exists. It took about 2-1/2 years to research which cues were used in the film, locate the rights holders, find suitable LPs and tape reels containing the cues and restore all the audio. There was no single music company that was able to supply CD-quality masters (don't I wish!)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that price looks a bit steep, but given how much of a fan i am of the film, i imagine i'll order it.
    That's Amazon not providing a discounted price. You'll be able to order it cheaper at www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Ah, music to clean gunz to!
    This much is true considering that there is actually a "gun finding" cue in the film.

Dammit, why didn't I think to market it that way?!
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 15-Apr-2010 at 11:06 PM.

United States
    I can't wait to get me a copy. Great work as always, Jim!

ViP

United States
    Awesome, it is about time that this get out on CD. I can't wait to hear the additional tracks.

United States
    Awesome, Jim! This one is going on my must have list - Honestly, I will brown bag my lunch & eat peanut butter smeared on a playing card for however long it takes to save up the cash to get this - even though it has little to do with firearms. In fact I would gladly sell one of my weapons to purchase this! Thanks brother dubious!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 18-Apr-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    May 4th and you're saying the price will be cheaper than the Amazon at www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com? Sounds good to me.

Any chance we can get an idea on how long it took to pull this all together? Certainly seems like a labor of love.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    I need to get one of those for a competition prize!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    May 4th and you're saying the price will be cheaper than the Amazon at www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com? Sounds good to me.
    It will be a cheaper price on the Autopsy of the Dead site, but it has been listed for $23.99 on Amazon from time to time (which falls under the free shipping minimum, though). I wish they could pick one price and stick with it.

Any chance we can get an idea on how long it took to pull this all together? Certainly seems like a labor of love.
    2½ to 3 years in the making.

If all goes well with this CD, there will be future releases of Romero library music goodness.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Whoa! You're not kidding. Reading the other posts, I'll be watching for a discount.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Jim reeled me off a few samples not long after finishing Autopsy, and I gotta say the tracks that I heard were nice and crisp.
    Restoration is what it's all about. I'm sick of all the crappy, noisy, hissy audio circulating on the Net. No pops, clicks or crackle allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Whoa! You're not kidding. Reading the other posts, I'll be watching for a discount.
    The price will be $24.99 including first-class shipping on www.AutopsyoftheDead.com.

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    This NIGHT CD features all of the library music used in the film except for one partial cue that has never been found.
    Thank you for releasing this soundtrack, I cannot wait to get it. May I ask which cue was not located? Also, will the Karl Hardman electronic tracks be featured as they were originally recorded , or sampled from the film like the Varese LP was, or appear at all?

EDIT: Just saw the track listing on the Amazon link, I'm guessing the non-coded tracks are the non-library stuff.

1. Eerie Heavy Echo (L-1204)
    2. Night Suspense (JB-33)
    3. Heavy Agitato (TC 416)
    4. Light Suspense (JB-37)
    5. Fateful Fire (TC 151)
    6. Dreary Danger (TC 157)
    7. Weird Eerie (ZR-87C)
    8. Small Disaster (TC 130)
    9. Reserved Disaster (TC 127)
    10. Space Drama
    11. Black Night (TC 155)
    12. Shock Suspense
    13. Dream
    14. The Music Box
    15. Mystery Hour
    16. Curious Danger (TC 158)
    17. Dramatic Eerie (PG 190)
    18. Mysterioso (8-ZR-8)
    19. Danger In The Night (Take 9)
    20. Mysterioso (ZR-68)
    21. Emotional Bridge
    22. Somber Emotional (L-33)
    23. Punch Disaster (TC 132)
    24. Attack at the Window (Medley)
    25. Shock/Stormy
    26. Acoustic Space Station (Take 8)
    27. Weird Suspense
    28. Mysterioso (ZR-65)
    29. Mysterioso (ZR-9)
    30. Serene Heart (TC-306)
    31. Tension (TC 402)
    32. Sting 44 (TC 344)/Sting 27 (TC 329)
    33. Fire (JB-28)
    34. Chase (ZR-62)
    35. Heavy Dramatic (CB 16B)
    36. Heavy Dramatic (CB 54)
    37. Heavy Dramatic (CB 15A)
    38. Heavy Dramatic (CB 15B)
    39. Eerie Heavy Echo (L-1216)
    40. Eerie Heavy Echo (L-1214)
    Last edited by jscott; 23-Apr-2010 at 09:34 AM.