Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things no one mentions!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Things no one mentions!!

Things no one on this board mentions....(as far as I know)

peter shooting the gun from Blades' hand....(just before "upstairs, c'mon...let's go....woooohoohoooo oh you mother!!") How did they do that??!

The "goofs" page for Dawn on IMDB - blank firing mechanisms on all the M16s? Untold weapons goofs in fact....and Roger refuels the 'copter wrongly?

John Amplas being in Day...john Amplas rules!!!

Savini's awesome bike stunt through the plate glass window in Dawn...

The awesome dive into the fountain that the fat zombie in Dawn does...amazing!!!

Romero kills the hare krishna....but lets the nun go?? Discuss!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post

peter shooting the gun from Blades' hand....(just before "upstairs, c'mon...let's go....woooohoohoooo oh you mother!!") How did they do that??!

Was that a gun he shot out of Blade's hand? I always thought it was a walkie talkie. But then, I guess, if it was a walkie talkie then who's was it?

As far as the IMDB goofs page goes a lot of the info they pointed out, while entertaining, is not exactly correct. Example: I see no "blank adapters" on the M-16s, in spite of the assertion. Futhermore, the guns used in the film are not training models, but specifically .22 caliber M-16 type rifles built for collectors and enthusiasts.

I agree, though, that it is a bit funny that they kill the Krishna, but do not kill the Nun.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 12-Jan-2008 at 11:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I always thought it was just because the Hare Krishna was in the hideout, about to eat Fran, while the nun was not an immediate threat.

Sometimes there isn't a "secret meaning".

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    If you watch the documntary on the DVD of Dawn, Gaylen Ross specifically points out that it was the intention to kill the nun but Romero refused to do it!

Undisclosed
    Why obsessed with the nun zombie living? I don't even remember seeing it except for after Fran let it go from the door and since they were taking care of all of them at that point I had guessed they just did not have time to show them all be destroyed.

Not sure if I remember that comment either. Really to me I wanted the nurse and a few of the others to go down. I don't really think it ment anything that specific. In his films Romero seems to view organized religon the same way he does the government. Not that religon is bad but that the groups have become corrypt.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Well he's a catholic apprently, from what I've heard he sounds quite devout but I've no doubt he casts his cynicism in the same direction of organised factions...I just found it interesting that he wrote the hare krishna zombie in and killed it off yet when it came to killing the nun which was also in the script he decided to let her go..! Anyway obsession is a bit of a strong word, its just a noteworthy point...

So was it a gun or a walkie talkie?
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 13-Jan-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

That was the seltzer bottle that he used to squirt zombies in the face with earlier. I assume they used a sling shot to break it, or a tiny charge.

England
    I thought it was a beer bottle!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Yeah, I looked at the films (Euro and Cannes) again over the last weekend, and though I used to think that it was a walkie talkie, I still cannot reconcile who's it would have been since Peter never loses his and Stephen most certainly has his in the elevator sequence where he gets munched. So it is probably a seltzer bottle or beer bottle as had been said.

What is strange is I thought that Savini/Blades says a line to the effect of "Hey look at this" right before the "thing" in his hand explodes, though I didn't catch it as the Euro or Cannes cut I reviewed did not have this line. Maybe it is on the theatrical cut, or maybe I'm mistaken. So my question is, does anyone else recall this line being spoken, and if so, why would he be saying that if he was holding a seltzer or beer bottle?
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Only time I can think of him saying that is with the comb/switch blade "you ever seen one of those?"

Hmm..I always thought it was a gun....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2999 View Post
    Why obsessed with the nun zombie living? I don't even remember seeing it except for after Fran let it go from the door and since they were taking care of all of them at that point I had guessed they just did not have time to show them all be destroyed.

Not sure if I remember that comment either. Really to me I wanted the nurse and a few of the others to go down. I don't really think it ment anything that specific. In his films Romero seems to view organized religon the same way he does the government. Not that religon is bad but that the groups have become corrypt.
    I wouldn't say that anyone is obsessed with the nun not getting killed, but I had heard that Galen Ross wanted to shoot the nun and that Romero nixed it, saying that it was not acceptable to shoot a nun. So in that sense it is funny, since in Romero's mind it's ok to show the Krishna zombie getting dispatched, but would be unacceptable in the case of the nun.

Only time I can think of him saying that is with the comb/switch blade "you ever seen one of those?"

Hmm..I always thought it was a gun....
    Funny thing is, I noticed that line (Blade's) for the first time last night when watching the euro cut. Love that cut for the extra lines and extended scenes!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 13-Jan-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Totally, I love the alternate takes too - some dodgy delivery of certain lines there, very interestnig!!

United States
    Totally, I love the alternate takes too - some dodgy delivery of certain lines there, very interestnig!!
    Some of them don't work as well and I can see why Romero cut them, or used other takes, but overall it is really cool to see this whole new take on the film, soundtrack notwithstanding. Could Argento be any more heavyhanded with his use of the Goblin Soundtrack?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    yeah totally, he really ramped it up for that...but the gunshots were much better....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Could Argento be any more heavyhanded with his use of the Goblin Soundtrack?
    No.

It was a bloody mess, very distracting IMO.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon